Versus Battle The Phantom Troupe vs The Akatsuki

R1:Better written?/R2: Better villains?/R3:More iconic?/R4:Which do you like more?

• Total voters
Akatsuki are more well written as individual characters,more iconic and i like them too much...but as villains per se,they were trash,just puppets with a stupid plan and short sightedness,while the troupe were some cool ass villains both for the story and as characters,but they werent developed or cool enough individually

Phantom Troupe were great in York New arc but Togashi kinda stumbled with them in the gaming arc. I felt like they should have never been part of the gaming arc. If they were more consistent in regards to their involvement in the story I may have chosen them to be a tie with Akatsuki, however, there are individual members of the Akatsuki I would always choose over Phantom Troupe.

Akatasuki wins for me.

R1. York New was really well written, so if I only judge by that arc then I will give the Troupe a tie with Akatsuki but overall Akatsuki was handled better since they were involved throughout the story.

R2. Tie.

R3. Iconic goes to Akatsuki. You see kids with Akatsuki costumes during Halloween. Never have I ever seen a kid wear anything with HxH gear lol.

R4. If judging solely by York New arc then it maybe a tie but overall it will be Akatsuki.

Last edited:

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
R1: Which group is better written?

R2: Which group is the better villain group?

R3: Which group is more iconic?

R4: Which do you like more?

VS

New York was peak shit but I can't judge a group based on one arc. After that, they kinda off. Akatsuki takes this one.

Phantom Troupe's motives for being villains are kinda weird when you think about it and when you are a random ass citizen who works 7/11 you probably don't know about their existence unless they attack your city/village. Akatsuki is everywhere throughout the story and cause mass damage to the entire world of Naruto.

I would say that Akatsuki takes this one although not by a huge margin. Phantom Troupe is a very good villain group too.

No brainer, Akatsuki.

I love HxH and it's one of the best-written shonen but I would lie to myself if I say that I didn't love Akatsuki for years when I was a Narutotard back in the day. So, yeah. Akatsuki.

VS

Akatsuki >>

Half of the Phantom Troupe is mid. The Phantom Troupe is kinda carried by Hisoka and Chrollo tbh. Phinks, Uvo, Machi, and Feitan are cool but nothing too crazy. Nobunaga and Shizuku are alright. Bonolenov, Kortopi, Shalnark, Kalluto, Franklin, and Pakunoda are mid

Akatsuki >>

Half of the Phantom Troupe is mid. The Phantom Troupe is kinda carried by Hisoka and Chrollo tbh. Phinks, Uvo, Machi, and Feitan are cool but nothing too crazy. Nobunaga and Shizuku are alright. Bonolenov, Kortopi, Shalnark, Kalluto, Franklin, and Pakunoda are mid
Franklin is goated wtf, he's proven himself to be the head of the group whenever the boss isnt around.