Character Discussion The Revolutionary - Luffy | Roger | Nika | More - Creating of The Enigma

His final fight will be against?

• Imu

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Sakazuki

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kong

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Gorosei

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If there is a major entity who stands out the most to me as an enigma that is weaved through the various plots of the story, it would be none other than the Revolutionary himself, Monkey D. Dragon. So, before publishing the Gorosei thread that I'm working on, I wanted to make a thread that explored this man a bit and exploring all the connections between him & all the other major figures of OP history.

Luffy Connection:

I've already made a thread on Luffy and Dragon's connection throughout the story.
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...on-revolutionary-army-strawhat-pirates.10714/

However here's some of the direct comparisons:

1. Vitality/Will to live: When Ivankov gets reassured about Luffy being Dragon's son, after seeing his will to live
  2. Ability to attract: others Ivankov says how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree
  3. Conqueror's Haki: VA Doberman talks about how it shouldn't be a surprise that he has Haki, because he's the Revolutionary's son. Meaning Dragon's showcased usage of Haki to the marines.
  4. Doing crazy things: Luffy doing the crazy thing with dropping flowers at Marineford & the bells, led Ivankov to again comment on how the apple didn't fall away from the tree.
  5. That mad face: This one's just for fun. Them boys is maaad son.
  6. Got a strong friend like Zoro, with WSS potential? Ah it's expected when you're Dragon's son.. lmao.
There's also a deeper story involved connection with the strawhats & RA in general, with them coming to Luffy's aid the most out of any major organization, through various commanders. Multiple Strawhat commanders having ties with the RA members one way or other.

Roger Connection:

Leaving aside the fact that both are D. and going against the CD. It's very interesting to me that the character who has the most comps with Roger out of everyone in the series (other than Luffy) is actually not a pirate. So I'm going to copy and paste the connections between the two from the other thread here to save some time.

1. With Whitebeard: The first name Dragon's name was put alongside was none other than the one who is considered to stand at the top, Whitebeard himself. Ivankov speaking of Dragon in a manner that he poses a similar threat as Whitebeard.
  2. News of their bloodlines: Dragon's reveal with Luffy and Roger's reveal with Ace is given similar "news" hype panels:
  3. Sakazuki's comparison: The Pirate King & The Revolutionary, both treated as similar entities.
  4. The entrance: The man literally enters the series with narrator quote from the Pirate King. Can't really got much bigger of a connection than that.
  5. Representation of Freedom: Both represent "freedom" for their respective eras.
  6. Surpassing the Yonko: The Pirate King is considered an individual who has surpassed the 4 emperors (As indicated by the 4 emperors being under 5 bil, while the Pirate King being above 5 bil, and the guy who could've been PK being at 5 bil). At Water 7 introduced to the 4 emperors, but that introduction is overshadowed by the introduction of Dragon. Not only that but Dragon had a higher bounty than Whitebeard, thus being one of the three individuals in the 5 bil+ range.
  7. Renowned more than Admirals and Yonko: Oda does a subtle thing here to show us the gap between the admirals/yonko and Dragon. First he uses Sanji for the admirals, him being oblivious as to where the admirals were in the marines. Then with Nami being oblivious about where the Yonko like Shanks stood. Then he uses both of them to highlight how wild/dangerous Dragon is, with both of them freaking out, even somebody like Franky was freaking out.
  8. Sent the CP0 + Marine Fleet after him immediately: After Roger became the Pirate King, the Marines were on his ass 24/7 searching far and wide. While for the 4 emperors that's not really the case, they let them chill, the WG even makes deals with them and what not. Because they're not an imminent threat like how Roger was. Similarly the moment WG found out about Dragon's location, they sent CP0 + Marine Fleet to invade Baltigo, an army that was strong enough to clash with 1 of the emperors and make him retreat.
  9. In chapter 0 Roger's last moments: The final panel focus in chapter 0 aka 565.5 during Roger's execution wasn't on Shanks, Roger's protege... but instead Dragon.
Nika Connection:

Sun God Nika, which Luffy is now with his DF the Nika Nika, is a god in One Piece that was worshipped by the slaves in hope of freedom.

And what Dragon been doing? Let's take a look.

Pre-TS: Tequila Wolf. Freed an entire country made of simply celestial dragon slaves. Low balling hundreds of thousands of slaves... high balling millions of slaves. In the cover of chapter 546, it states: "When the liberators of slaves, the Revolutionary Army arrives at Tequila Wolf". By the time of Tequila wolf the RA had already freed tons of slaves around the world, thus earning the title "Liberator of Slaves".

Post-TS: Dragon's commanders go and free lord knows how many slaves from the CD at Mariejois.

Sun God Nika - Who the slaves used to pray to for liberation
Monkey D. Dragon - The Liberator of Slaves and the one leading the army renowned as "Will of the People"

These are the two major entities that have been connected with "slave liberation". (Some might mention Tiger, but Tiger's situation was more so "I'm escaping so i'll help the ones around me escape too", rather than an active campaign of liberation). But now let's get into the complete connection of it all.

THE COMPLETE CONNECTION:

In the distant past a god was worshipped by the slaves for the desire of liberation, he would be known as Sun God Nika. His DF is eaten 800 years ago by an entity named Joyboy went to war with the 20 Kingdoms and supposedly lost. Then just littler over 2 decades a named Gol D. Roger accomplished a feat considered to be impossible, conquering of the grandline, he shook the core foundations of the world becoming renowned as a demon throughout. Now in the present a young pirate named Monkey D. Luffy has risen to carry the mantel of joyboy while aiming at the title of Pirate King.

However, there is another major entity who only started becoming major on the world stage just 8 years ago, surprisingly. He was present during the execution of Roger. He went to the aftermath of Ohara genocide. He was present during the burning of the trash mountain in Goa Kingdom. For decades he remained hidden simply building his power and doing lord knows what, and then only 8 years ago he started becoming a talking point in the reverie. And within 5 years from that reverie meeting by the start of the series... he had already become the biggest criminal in the entire world. Within just 4-5 years he had taken the entire world by surprise and storm. He had become a symbol of liberation for millions, a beacon for people to place their hopes on. The man renowned throughout the world as... The Revolutionary Dragon.

Sun God Nika - The symbol of freedom for slaves -> Dragon has become that as "Liberator of Slaves"
Joyboy - The man who stood against the 20 Kingdoms in the war who represented freedom -> Dragon has embraced that role with the RA
Gol D. Roger - Shook up the world and retriggered the war against the CD with Laughtale -> Dragon built upon that by creating an entire army to overthrow the CD
Monkey D. Luffy - The chosen one, joyboy, new Nika is doing exactly what Dragon has been doing for ages... causing revolutions near every island he goes to. Everything he is and represents, Dragon already is and represents.

With that in mind, let's take a look at the words of Whitebeard at Marineford. These words were directed at the person that would find the one piece. Yet, these same words are very fitting for The Revolutionary Dragon.

But let's even add on to this, Gol D. Roger had the quote that essentially highlights the crucial theme of the Manga in chapter 100. And that quote is best embodied by no other than Dragon himself.

An inherited strength of Will:

-> Will of D.
-> Gol D. Roger's will (the last panel focus was on him for a reason)
-> The will of Ohara
-> The will of Fisher Tiger
-> The will of the Slaves
-> The will of the People

One's Dreams:

A dream to change the world that he has pursued so relentlessly that despite not liking fighting, he has created an army that shakes the world to it's core till this day!!

The Ebb and Flow of the Ages:

While having his own ambitions and dreams he also makes sure to develop and raise the stars of the new era. Supporting them and preparing them for their age to eventually come. Koala, Sabo, Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Robin, just some of the young figures of the upcoming era that he has directly or indirectly supported.

And even having the supreme confidence in his own next generation, aka his son...

The Hunger For Freedom:

All of the above stemming from what? The hunger for freedom for not just himself but also millions who of oppressed who seek freedom.

Carrying the History & Challenging the World:

Now going back to the quote that was made by Newgate at Marineford for the one who will carry the history of the world and challenge the world. I ask you this... is that not what Dragon is doing?

In his army he has, Giants, Minks, People of other tribes, humans, Fishmen...the millions of slaves who have been oppressed. The civilians who throughout history have been oppressed by their monarchs, when he liberates those nations.. the fishmen who's history has been that of oppression and slavery when he fights for them... IS HE NOT CARRYING THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD??

In the very arc that the Revolutionary Army is introduced.... the following panels were made by Echiiro Oda:

At the end of that same arc.......

IS HE NOT CHALLENGING THE WORLD?

Power in the name + IRL inspo:

The term Dragon has constantly been associated with power in the world of One Piece.

Ryuuma's biggest story = Slashing of the Dragon in the capital of Wano
The power of "King of the Beasts" = A Dragon. No other animal zoan is as powerful as the Dragon one that Kaido possessed
The Descendants of the "creators of the world" named themselves = Celestial Dragons. Their symbol? Hoof of the Dragon

And then there is the one who seeks to change the world... he is an entity unlike any other to ever exist. A pacifist who has created the biggest army to oppose the Gods of the World, who under their helm command numerous heroes in the form of admirals and strong marines/cp agents/Holy Knights, numerous weapons of great destruction in the seraphim and pacifista. Against those Gods this one man had the courage to say... No more oppression, the world must be changed. Now renowned throughout the world of One Piece.... Dragon.

IRL Inspo: Tupac Amaru II

Tupac Amaru II a Peruvian revolutionary who took a stance against the Spanish for the indigenous people's rights.

As you will read him you will see that much like Dragon his rebellion was the 1st large scale rebellion of the area, and despite his failure he had inspired countless more to fight for their rights and freedoms.

And keep in mind, the Monkey D. Family is also based on central-south Americans. Add on to that Dragon's eye tattoo which has a background in the Native tribes/civilizations of America.
Now there are also other revolutionaries who play a role in the inspo of Dragon, but Tupac stood out the far most.

----------------------------------------------------------

Now I also want to address two things that are often brought up relating to Dragon:

1st. Why didn't Imu have his picture? Because he's not a new threat. Imu and co however do see Dragon as a bigger than Teach/Strawhat/Vivi/Shirahoshi... which is why the Gorosei immediately sent the CP0 (who only move if ordered by the Gorosei) + a giant marine fleet to Baltigo the moment they got his location. Where as they haven't bothered with Teach who openly resides on a famous island.

2nd. Why doesn't he ever do shit?.......I to this day fail to understand why people want this guy to go out there and fight admirals and yonko... for what???? The likelihood of him fighting before the Final War is VERY LOW, unless it's going to be to save Luffy or somebody, which is the last time he used his powers on panel, when he needed to save Luffy.

Anywho I might've rambled on a bit too much (or a lot lmao), hope y'all enjoyed the thread. Leave your opinions, agreements and disagreements. Thanks!

Last edited:

Apollo

The Sol King
Great thread, I am still a bit hyped about Dragon but Oda has to know he set the expectations very high with Dragon. We can only hope he fulfills those expectations...

Lmao, good thing or bad bruh.

:fujilaugh:

No replies? Y'all some goobers. Give this thread some love!
Its gone hit different once this man enters the main stage.

As someone who’s never been all that hype for dragon at all this deadass made me really hyped to see him actually get fleshed out
Really glad to hear that bro, I've started appreciating his character more as I reread One Piece.

Damn. You have lot of time on your hands.
Yea man I ain't got no life :josad:

Great thread, I am still a bit hyped about Dragon but Oda has to know he set the expectations very high with Dragon. We can only hope he fulfills those expectations...

Glad you enjoyed. I think much like how he treats the admirals and Shanks with a lot of care, he's def. going to treat him with the utmost care when it's time. Because even right now this mf is having one of Luffy's subordinates, Nami, highlight how much of an ambitious man Luffy's father.

Where that mans beeeen?!

More people should read this thread during the break and stop calling Dragon a fraud just because he isn't 1v1ing the WG.
Agree, thread is solid.
I stop reading at Roger Part, but it gave me envy to watch again Impel down when Ivankov meets Luffy.

We were all hyped by Dragon, but now with Kizaru 's ending , you must accept Oda can do what he want and show nothing even for Admiral Logia Light.

Oda is the Fraud, when he does not know what to do with a Character.
And mf still introduce more than 30 characters per Arc