Theory The SHs aren’t on the main island of elbaf

Wano had multiple islands that were essentially all part of the same mountain that got flooded.

Elbaf is likely very similar. The Yggdrasil we see in 1127 is very different from the giant tree we have seen in previous chapters.

I believe that this is because we aren’t yet on the main island of Elbaf. Similar to how tottoland has multiple islands with WCI as the capital and the flower capital is the capital of wano, I think Elbaf is actually an archipelago and that the Giant tree is the main island of Elbaf.

I think the Tree on the island of BM’s backstory and Kid vs Shanks has roots that go underneath the sea and that Yggdrasil from 1127 and all of the other elbaf islands are connected to the giant tree by the underground roots.

Basically paralleling how Yggdrasil is supposed to symbolize the connection between the different realms in Norse mythology.

It could also be that the SHs are currently on a branch of the giant tree, but I don’t think Oda would completely offscreen the SHs arriving to a new major island like that. Oda usually gives us a pretty good illustration of the major islands when we first reach them.

The fact that Oda offscreened the SHs arriving to wherever they are makes me feel like it’s not the major island of elbaf.