Current Events The supernova are the new shichibukai

I've noticed something

If you take all of the supernova captains and you remove Luffy, who is a yonko, and Drake, who isn't a pirate. You are left with 7 captains:
  1. Bonney
  2. Hawkins ( imo he's not dead)
  3. Apoo
  4. Law
  5. Urouge
  6. Kid
  7. Bege
And I wonder if this is intentional.

Because it basically seems as if the Supernova have a very similar role in the current new world power scheme as the shichibukai had in the old. The shichibukai and supernova are two very powerful groups of captains that while individually not as powerful as any yonko crew, are far stronger than the average run of the mill pirate in the grand line.

I know this is an odd thought, but what if the supernova end up becoming the shichibukai of the Revolutionary Army? The revolutionary army exists as a counter to the world government. They are not pirates, but rather simply wish to live free of the control of the celestial dragons. Still they are enemies of the WG and therefore ultimately have common cause with pirates.

Hence I think it would be a smart move on the part of the revolutionaries to offer the supernova captains something similar to shichibukai status. Basically entering a form of alliance with them where the supernova captains and their crews get safe harbour in RA allied countries in return for only pirating the WG.

imo this would be a good way for Oda to rope the supernova into the final war

huh? the final war will end with the revolutionary army and the pirates, led by JoyBoy, overthrowing the WG and CD and restoring power to the noble royal families. The shichibukai are based on privateers in the real age of piracy and they aren't necessary to the story and are just cannon-filler.

In a way it was to happen to a degree. The Shikis are powerful pirates, but still weaker than a yonko (excluding Mihawk), who indeed failed to reach the very top (Doffy, Croco, Moria) or simply doesn't really care about becoming PK or even a yonko / have other targets (Mihawk, Boa, Kuma, Jinbe) or simply used the shiki position a bit as a spring board (BB and to a lesser degree Law).

Now the supernovas are in a similar spot: Luffy made his jump and is a recognized yonko, but Law and Kidd were theoretically broken by a yonko, now it would be the perfect time for them to become shikis, again for Law, if it isn't that their will is not broken (at the very least for Law), Zoro too for sure could claim a shiki position at this point given his rooftop feats. Then people like Capone, Bonney, Apoo etc. etc. have still not proven they are fit to become warlords (they have beaten or been beaten by yonko commanders at best) but are pretty close to it if they keep improving.