Dortmund or Real, who wins the Champions league!?

• Total voters
Ngl Toriyama and Mirua had me concerned for Oda, and this isn't helping :
One PIece might have been over by now and Oda would be able to chill if he didn't have this habit of introducing and focusing on 150 irrelevant side characters every arc.
I will stand my ground that Dressrosa had no business being 100 chapters long when it was just another arc of Luffy beating a warlord and we never needed to have NINE scabbards.
It's really telling when you compare Dressrosa, Wano and WCI to past arcs. It's like if Thriller Bark had instead focused mostly on Lola and each of her most notable individual crewmates fighting Moria's forces rather than the Straw Hats themselves, with Oars being beaten by Luffy and Lola's crew rather than the straw hats who are instead too busy fighting random zombie fodder.

I think Oda may be growing tired of the straw hats sadly. He hasn't even done any Straw Hat theaters or omakes of them in ages.
Furthermore, all these new shitload of characters that Oda keeps shoving into the story may be his way of introducing characters from all the cancelled manga projects he wanted to do but couldn't because he dedicated too much time on One Piece. The Vegapunk satellites in particular feel like they might've been characters from the giant robot manga he never got a chance to make, and Oden and his story feel like something that could've been from a completely unrelated manga if not for the Whitebeard and Roger affiliation.

Its kinda sad really, especially when Sabaody and maybe that brief trip between Zou and WCI feel like the last time the straw hats acted like an actual family unit rather than flanderized depictions of themselves like we got post-Wano as an example.

Last edited:
Furthermore, all these new shitload of characters that Oda keeps shoving into the story may be his way of introducing characters from all the cancelled manga projects he wanted to do but couldn't because he dedicated too much time on One Piece. The Vegapunk satellites in particular feel like they might've been characters from the giant robot manga he never got a chance to make, and Oden and his story feel like something that could've been from a completely unrelated manga if not for the Whitebeard and Roger affiliation.
Been thinking this for ages

It's really telling when you compare Dressrosa, Wano and WCI to past arcs. It's like if Thriller Bark had instead focused mostly on Lola and each of her most notable individual crewmates fighting Moria's forces rather than the Straw Hats themselves, with Oars being beaten by Luffy and Lola's crew rather than the straw hats who are instead too busy fighting random zombie fodder.

I think Oda may be growing tired of the straw hats sadly. He hasn't even done any Straw Hat theaters or omakes of them in ages.

Its kinda sad really, especially when Sabaody and maybe that brief trip between Zou and WCI feel like the last time the straw hats acted like an actual family unit rather than flanderized depictions of themselves like we got post-Wano as an example.
Shit this actually makes sense

Been saying this for a while. Egghead will be a wasted arc. This was the arc for power ups for the straw hats. For devil fruit users of the crew. For nami and making her an advanced climate tact with zeus. For ussop and him getting those bubble Bullets and shield and keeping these boots for maneuverability. For Franky getting a new form of power and energy and potentially adding Greenblood as his new fuel system. For vegapunk helping sanji expand on his germa lineage. For luffy to get a better understanding of nika.

It was also just......... wasted

Been saying this for a while. Egghead will be a wasted arc. This was the arc for power ups for the straw hats. For devil fruit users of the crew. For nami and making her an advanced climate tact with zeus. For ussop and him getting those bubble Bullets and shield and keeping these boots for maneuverability. For Franky getting a new form of power and energy and potentially adding Greenblood as his new fuel system. For vegapunk helping sanji expand on his germa lineage. For luffy to get a better understanding of nika.

TBH I can't really see luffy or sanji caring about that stuff (I mean sanji hella resents his biological family (outside of reuji and sora & luffy not really needing in understanding how his fruit ACTUALLY works because I'm sure he would be able to figure it out,) but yeah, I would have ti agree with you on that, shit could have been done for both franky & ussop honestly. but tbh I like the in-universe reason why they can't do that shit no more.

Things no sane man should here. :josad:

100% agreed. Franky and Usopp definitely deserved more time with Vegapunk too. Franky was his biggest fan and actually studied Vegapunk's old work. Meanwhile Usopp has always been shown to be a surprisingly handy inventor since Alabasta. There should've been something at Egghead for them. And after Dressrosa revealed that Franky still hasn't had his back upgraded despite having spent two years on a tech advanced island, Vegapunk finishing the job and removing Franky's last weak spot felt like a given... but it never happens. :jackcopium: