General & Others The WG should actually give Vegapunk a pay-raise for his speech

As I've written in the chapter thread yesterday - why on earth is the WG still trying to stop Vegapunk's speech?

I'm dead serious btw - has anyone any idea what on earth the purpose of that speech was?

If anything he has actually helped the WG more than he hurt them with it.

Let's look at the facts what Vegapunk actually said/revealed:

1) Just talked about the world sinking (didn't mention the actual reason).

2) Told everyone that it's hard to say who was bad and who was good in the ancient conflict.

3) Said that Nika was the first pirate who wanted to preserve the ancient (world destroying) weapons for the current age and that the Roger pirates found out everything about it.

None of those points actually hurt the WG at all.

In fact if I were a regular citizen listening to this speech, I would support the WG and be more suspicious of pirates (or anyone looking for ponegliffs/ancient weapon history) than ever.

Like I said: If I were the Gorosei I would let out a big "whew, we dodged a bullet there" and then open a beer with my buds.

F

Foul Legacy

Bro literally gave ponelglyphs info on a podcast and you say WG is worried for nothing.
From ancient weapon to ancient kingdom to enemy of wg to world sinking to joyboi

Because they have no idea what he’ll say? He also almost revealed something key about the D clan who they obviously want to keep unaware of their larger role

Bro literally gave ponelglyphs info on a podcast and you say WG is worried for nothing.
From ancient weapon to ancient kingdom to enemy of wg to world sinking to joyboi
And like I just outlined - none of the actual "information" he gave about this stuff painted the WG in a bad light at all.

Because they have no idea what he’ll say? He also almost revealed something key about the D clan who they obviously want to keep unaware of their larger role
I mean it's clear that they have no idea what he'll say, but Oda actually tries to tell us that the WG should be shocked about the stuff he already said ("we let him talk way too much") when in reality nothing Vegapunk said was really blaming/shaming the WG.

And like I just outlined - none of the actual "information" he gave about this stuff painted the WG in a bad light at all.

I mean it's clear that they have no idea what he'll say, but Oda actually tries to tell us that the WG should be shocked about the stuff he already said ("we let him talk way too much") when in reality nothing Vegapunk said was really blaming/shaming the WG.
Well I assume they also don’t want the mass panic that’ll come from everybody knowing there’s ancient weapons being used and the world sinking. It’s harder to control people

Also he did say that the world sinking is due to the ancient weapon use

From a standpoint of "the less people know the better" Vegapunk definitely did some damage. Most people wouldn't know about the D, ancient weapons, Joyboy, Nika, flooding, how much Roger and Ohara knew, etc. Does it suck for readers? Absolutely, the past few months were as if some chick was doing a sleazy dance on top of the bar and just playing it off when people ask her to show the goods. But an unstoppable broadcast that hits everyone in the world with information on forbidden topics should seriously piss off the powers that be

It's WG who out ban on ancient kingdom Research.
Ofc they would panic.
But ironically enough Vegapunk first mentioned the ancient weapons and then told everyone that it was Joyboy's (the first pirate) idea to preserve them for the present time to be used again.

To top it off he even said that he doesn't know who was bad and who was good in that conflict.

He basically told the world that pirates are most likely responsible for the destruction that is about to come and NOT the WG.

Precisely. If anything, Joyboy is the one painted as a problem through his speech. He wants to pass on the Ancient Weapons that sunk most of the world in a prolonged war. Up to 20 kingdoms had to come together to oppose him.
For the average person that doesn’t sound like a good guy.

Vegapunk didn’t even implicate the WG in the sinking of Lulusia even though they should be the main suspect. He just said someone stole some Mother Flame from him.
The world mostly just knows the WG as the ones trying to prevent the use of Ancient Weapons…like destroying the devils of Ohara who wanted to revive them.

Precisely. If anything, Joyboy is the one painted as a problem through his speech. He wants to pass on the Ancient Weapons that sunk most of the world in a prolonged war. Up to 20 kingdoms had to come together to oppose him.
For the average person that doesn’t sound like a good guy.

Vegapunk didn’t even implicate the WG in the sinking of Lulusia even though they should be the main suspect. He just said someone stole some Mother Flame from him.
The world mostly just knows the WG as the ones trying to prevent the use of Ancient Weapons…like destroying the devils of Ohara who wanted to revive them.
Spot on.

Just put yourself in the position of any random citizen, that doesn't have any background information on the WG or pirates in general.

Now re-read Vegapunks entire speech with that in mind.

You 100% lean towards supporting the WG and hating Joyboy/pirates afterwards.