Theory The World Government's top-spy: CP-0 Agent "Go" (Ch. 1003+)

Rej

Year of the black beard!

Based on the recent chapter (1003), I would like to bring some points about this character including the CP-0!

For me it was clear that, since the introduction of the CP-0 to the Wano arc, a superior role would fall into their presence. The easiest prediction to make was them spying on Kaido and exploiting resources of Wano kuni, which came true with todays release of chapter 1003.

We have this epic scene to witness where the CP-0 is setting the "Go" stones.

Go is a young but still ancient game originating from Japan. You should check it out for yourself if you want to know more, but here is a picture showing it:

It is tradionally played on a "Go-Table" which can be seen here:

Let's take a closer look at "Mr. Go", that is how I call him now.
I am pretty convinced that he is related to the Go-game going on between the other 2 CP-0 members. One can tell by looking at the pattern on his mask. A white eye and a black eye. He is talking while the Go-Game is being setup.

We have to be aware of the fact that we are dealing here with an intelligence agency. And the name is program as he seems to be as close to the truth as many others that are more directly involved in this current pirate war. He talks about FATE!

At this point we have to ask ourselves, how the heck are they doing this well infiltrations into the Yonko systems and exploit them to their advantages.
I am pretty sure those guys posses powers that allows them to play out their control and information tools into their prey.

The biggest flag to this is indeed the showcasing of this courtisane playing the shamisen. She gives me almost Bao Huang vibes because she possesses informations and hands them out to her superior, in this case the CP-0.
But now we can go deeper into the systematics and powers of the CP-0 because I believe that this mask is bearing the concept of a power. A power that is the strongest source of information in the current world of One Piece!

I really thought Bao Huang would be the source of the this power, but seeing how easily this power is exploited by CP-0 makes me think otherwise, also because she is beholding powers of a SMILE-fruit.

This makes me think that these powers belong to a person within Orochi's rows that is a top-spy from the World Government!

But now you might ask, "what is this power?"

This is a so called "Ofuda" a talisman issued to shrines bearing the powers of deities.
Ofuda talismane appear in different sizes and can be worn differently on persons or as protection on shrines.

If the user tries to connect with the Ofuda, traditionally you will have to hold it infront of your head.

I don't have to explain how many times Ofuda seals are used in ninja series, either protecting the ninja or wishing for luck and success while assassinating/duelling your target. In the end it is about connecting mind with the gods powers.

Another example of the useage of Ofuda is the awakening of Jiangshi. Ofuda that bear the powers of the dead can be used on dead bodies to bring those back alive aslong they are connected with the Ofuda. This is where another common trend rises from wearing Ofuda talismane on the head/face.

I just wanted to scratch the surface and awaken your interest, because I believe that the majority of One Piece fans are not aware of the parallels. Also we are in the Wano arc, traditional japanese shit is going on since chapter 0 of Wano. lololol.

Now I believe that the real power behind that is the "Seal Seal Fruit" or "Talisman Talisman Fruit".
The devil fruit here is symbolizing the power of the "deity". While the written paper with the seal is the actual equivalent to the Ofuda talisman.
Simply said, the user will setup all these talismane and spread them to subusers. The subusers then might be connected to the mainuser in one or another way. Or maybe even connected with each other, but this becomes too speculative.
All we know is that the main user decided to connect the ability of "sight" into the talisman. Symbolizing a god that watches over it's subusers in a protective way, just here with the CP-0 it became less protective but more...investigative.

Is "Mr. Go" the user of this fruit? Maybe. I am 60/40 on to this and I am curious to find more about it!

But what is the deal with Go-game? Another power? Or just a quirk? Both is possible! We know Oda can be quite a misleading guy and hide a route behind another route.
What do you think?
Post automatically merged:

Bonus: It is clear that CP-0 will take measures to manipulate the outcome of the war into their favoured outcome: Have the pirates reduce each others numbers towards 0!

Rej

Year of the black beard!
This is fascinating. I believe it is possible for Mr. Go to have this fruit.

Or it could be some Three-Eyed Tribe stuff. Although that’s less likely than a Devil Fruit.
I wouldn't be surprised if a 3-eye clan member was recruited into the intelligence agency. We know children/orphans were sold to the World Government for this case. And who knows what kinda fate awaited to the 3-eye tribe in a world that is haunted by Imu's ideals.
Post automatically merged:

and thanks!

Damn making da relation between the cp dude and the japanese game was very smart
But thecipher pol has been humilliated before and now in wano they were still being treated like trash by orochi.
I think they will make a move in wano maybe success by defeating some kaido allies using intelligence style tipe of war. BUT i also that they will have a important defeat too, they will probably get eliminated as always because they are good moving in the shadows and killing weaklings not against decent fighterz.
Imu is going to get even more paranoid because this government fuckup in wano will be the last straw

hat lmao

In the Go the pieces can change side and i think Oda chose the game to represent what will happen when O-tama start feeding dangos to the Beast Pirates.

But would be cool if this Eye Seal is a ability from the mole that the CP0 have in the Beast Pirates.
This kind of reminds me of Hunter X Hunter
Towards the tail end of the Chimera Ant Arc, it is when Meruem has his Gungi match with Komougi. Slowly he starts to shift his perspective on humanity and eventually the story shifts Meruems character as more forgiving of humans etc. One Piece can follow suit, in the way you said.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Is "Mr. Go" the user of this fruit? Maybe. I am 60/40 on to this and I am curious to find more about it!
That's a really clever fruit idea and I hope something like this is revealed for Mr. Go. The idea that they're outright spying on Kaido via his personal assistant and a number of other minor actors through this innocuous paper fits with Cipher Pol. Though would this imply some connection to Who's Who, since he has that symbol on his chest?

Rej

Year of the black beard!
That's a really clever fruit idea and I hope something like this is revealed for Mr. Go. The idea that they're outright spying on Kaido via his personal assistant and a number of other minor actors through this innocuous paper fits with Cipher Pol. Though would this imply some connection to Who's Who, since he has that symbol on his chest?
No clue. Who's Who is all by his senses since he has some De Ja Vu with Jinbei. But Jinbei is an ex-Warlord of the Sea, that is maybe my only connection that Who's Who is someone of Jinbei's Warlord related past.
Who's Who and the theme around that character and even his name itself are generating a fitting vibe for espionage, betrayal and possible assassination attempts.
Maybe he is the CP-0 agent that holds the power, if it ain't Mr. Go.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Interesting concept. What if Mr. Go has a stronger version of Doffy's fruit? What I mean is that, since Doffy can manipulate people like puppets using strings on a small scale, what if Mr. Go can manipulate large amounts of people as if they were pieces on a Go board? This would play into the idea that the World Government is truly doing everything in its power, and indeed possess the power to control the world to its liking.