Theory Theory on what the One Piece actually is.

The One Piece is the an island that is part of the afterlife. The joke is that the weakest and crappiest pirates make it there first while the top tiers spend decades trying to get there. Oda doesn't kill off villains because he doesn't want them to make it there before Luffy. When Roger laughed and said he wished he would have lived in Joyboy's time, he wasn't just speaking in general, he was actually having conversation with Joyboy in front of him. The mystery disease Roger got was because he spent way too much time in this afterlife- partying and hanging out with legends of the past and listening and sharing all sorts of stories from them (hence, the "laugh tale"). The All Blue is also here, because all extinct fish and plants and ingredients would be present here.

One of the most vital aspects of the 'treasure' will be how each of the crew members can meet up again with their lost loved ones and show them how far they've come.

The Gorosei/WG reason for keeping this a secret is largely because it benefits them for people to fear death, content with what they already have, and to essentially live as slaves as long as they can. The entire social fabric, economy, etc would shatter if people were completely free to pursue their dreams and ambitions.

My prediction is that once on Laugh Tale, the true history and knowledge (see: Void Century people) will pass on information to Luffy and the SH which will let him continue adventuring, rather than it being the end of the road. Maybe even something like a spaceship. The entire idea being that the adventure continues and there's always more to discover.

Last edited:
Interesting theory, but…

Oda doesn't kill off villains because he doesn't want them to make it there before Luffy.
I think Oda just doesn’t like killing characters off. Pell and Pagaya should’ve died. :josad:

The mystery disease Roger got was because he spent way too much time in this afterlife- partying and hanging out with legends of the past and listening and sharing all sorts of stories from them (hence, the "laugh tale").
Wasn’t he already sick before they got to Laugh Tale? I seem to recall that being the case.

I do believe One Piece is indeed on Afterlife Island
This is why DF Users can't reach Laugh Tale, it's cuz DFs are Banished from Heavenly Afterlife

And since Afterlife exists in One Piece, then it's possibly divided into "Heaven" & "Hell"
I believe eating a DF is like Signing a Deal with Devil, instead of going to Heaven (God Place), you actually go to Hell (Devil Place)

Imu's Secret Place is actually "Second Afterlife", where Brook was Sent, hence why it's Cold, it's Representation of Hell & where Dead DF Users Souls go to, or shall i say "Davy Jones Locker" (Foxy threw Gold as Payment for Davy Jones to start Foxy Games, so it seems that WG's Heavenly Tribute is just a Payment for Davy Jones Locker, who i believe is Man With Burn Scar)

This is why Luffy must Defeat WG First to remove this "Hell", so that He can safely Travel to Laugh Tale, otherwise He will just Die like Buggy hinted at Roger Flashback, and Luffy's Key to entering Hell & making sure He gets out is simply Brook's Awakening

This Curse started since Chapter 02

The One Piece is the an island that is part of the afterlife. The joke is that the weakest and crappiest pirates make it there first while the top tiers spend decades trying to get there. Oda doesn't kill off villains because he doesn't want them to make it there before Luffy. When Roger laughed and said he wished he would have lived in Joyboy's time, he wasn't just speaking in general, he was actually having conversation with Joyboy in front of him. The mystery disease Roger got was because he spent way too much time in this afterlife- partying and hanging out with legends of the past and listening and sharing all sorts of stories from them (hence, the "laugh tale"). The All Blue is also here, because all extinct fish and plants and ingredients would be present here.

One of the most vital aspects of the 'treasure' will be how each of the crew members can meet up again with their lost loved ones and show them how far they've come.

The Gorosei/WG reason for keeping this a secret is largely because it benefits them for people to fear death, content with what they already have, and to essentially live as slaves as long as they can. The entire social fabric, economy, etc would shatter if people were completely free to pursue their dreams and ambitions.

My prediction is that once on Laugh Tale, the true history and knowledge (see: Void Century people) will pass on information to Luffy and the SH which will let him continue adventuring, rather than it being the end of the road. Maybe even something like a spaceship. The entire idea being that the adventure continues and there's always more to discover.
Interesting theory, but…

I think Oda just doesn’t like killing characters off. Pell and Pagaya should’ve died. :josad:

Wasn’t he already sick before they got to Laugh Tale? I seem to recall that being the case.
Nice story but I doubt Oda ia writing like this
I do believe One Piece is indeed on Afterlife Island
This is why DF Users can't reach Laugh Tale, it's cuz DFs are Banished from Heavenly Afterlife

And since Afterlife exists in One Piece, then it's possibly divided into "Heaven" & "Hell"
I believe eating a DF is like Signing a Deal with Devil, instead of going to Heaven (God Place), you actually go to Hell (Devil Place)

Imu's Secret Place is actually "Second Afterlife", where Brook was Sent, hence why it's Cold, it's Representation of Hell & where Dead DF Users Souls go to, or shall i say "Davy Jones Locker" (Foxy threw Gold as Payment for Davy Jones to start Foxy Games, so it seems that WG's Heavenly Tribute is just a Payment for Davy Jones Locker, who i believe is Man With Burn Scar)

This is why Luffy must Defeat WG First to remove this "Hell", so that He can safely Travel to Laugh Tale, otherwise He will just Die like Buggy hinted at Roger Flashback, and Luffy's Key to entering Hell & making sure He gets out is simply Brook's Awakening

This Curse started since Chapter 02
This reminds me of the time I made a theory that the Red Poneglyphs have Ghosts inside which Roger talked to using The Voice of All Things.

I smoked A LOT of weed that dsy
Roger is alive and waiting for Joy Boy arrive in Laftel.
look at my sig there is one piece trezor true identity and where it wil end up..