Theory This confirms Luffy is the eyepatch pirate

If Oda was inspired by Popeye when creating Luffy, then imo it is very likely that Luffy is the eyepatch pirate that Oda said would appear near the finale of one piece.

In an interview, Oda said that the reason he hasn't drawn a single pirate with an eyepatch yet is because he is saving it for a certain character who will appear near the end of the series. I believe this character will be Luffy.

If Luffy lost an eye, he would be a one eyed sailor man, just like Popeye. Furthermore Luffy losing an eye would parallel him with zoro and if his eye is clawed out, either by kaido or Teach's claw weapon, then it would also parallel him to shanks, who similarly has a claw scar on his face.

I think that while zoro is missing his left eye, luffy will lose his right eye.

If Oda was inspired by Popeye when creating Luffy, then imo it is very likely that Luffy is the eyepatch pirate that Oda said would appear near the finale of one piece.

In an interview, Oda said that the reason he hasn't drawn a single pirate with an eyepatch yet is because he is saving it for a certain character who will appear near the end of the series. I believe this character will be Luffy.

If Luffy lost an eye, he would be a one eyed sailor man, just like Popeye. Furthermore Luffy losing an eye would parallel him with zoro and if his eye is clawed out, either by kaido or Teach's claw weapon, then it would also parallel him to shanks, who similarly has a claw scar on his face.

Luffy having eyepatch? Feels odd imho...the eyepatch may cover his scars etc...

G

Gorosei Informer

I remember a theory, maybe on reddit or here that pointed out that Kaido keeps commenting on Luffys eyes and staring at him.
Dragons have been known to rip out eyes in other stories too I think?

Blackbeard is definitely a possibility due to what he did to Shanks too. I suspect someone is gonna get shot through the eye by a gun, whether its Usopp due to Auger, or Auger or Yasopp whilst vs each other or Shanks or Blackbeard vs each other.

I can see Shanks pulling a final fuck you and revenge on Blackbeard for his own eye scar, by shooting out one of Blackbeards eyes if BB does kill him god forbid.

Odin might exist in OP as we have Elbaf and Loki too so he should have an eyepatch top like Odin usually does?

Otherwise I've seen fanart of Joyboy with one I think which looked pretty cool. Zoro was meant to have originally according to Oda i think, Oda planned him to be missing an eye at least when he had an interview with Watsuki.

The Popeye and Zoro parallels are a cool idea though. Oda has drawn a scar on Onigashimas left (right?) eye socket too.