Thoughts on the Final War?

Instead of being engaged, all I felt was boredom and desire for it to end soon.

There were a couple of cool moments, like Bakugo's fight prior to his death, but overall I hated the repetitiveness and stretching out AFO's presence, and too many death's takeouts.

I couldnt care less about this final war cause Horikoshi managed to make me invested in none of these characters whatsoever. I just went through this shit to see the end after so much chapter commitment already + a chapter takes like 2-3 minutes to read.

Pacing was a huge issue throughout the war, having such a huge cast and spreading them out basically hurt this series with having to jump around the battlefields. Should of had more condensed fighting where we got to see the students work together to take down a powerful Nomu. Imagine seeing them all have "Plus Ultra" attacks.

Instead we had to watch Iida be a taxi and Kaminari be a battery.

After the disasters of Nardo and Bleach's war arcs, this was a solid war arc imo. Some issues here and there, but the right people had the right spotlight, nothing was rushed, the proper amount of deaths and stakes.

Only real issue I had was the Shigaraki ending, but it isn't surprising. Just wished Horikoshi would've subverted expectations there, but otherwise Shigaraki was a solid villain for a good 300 chapters so I don't mind at all on a reread.

I'm giving this a 7.5-8/10 arc imo. I've enjoyed reading this much more than Mid Clover or Jujutsu Kaisen's final arcs weekly. Now idk what else to get into with Jump, maybe Sakamoto or Undead? Lol.

F

Foul Legacy

Final war in most anime are shit.
Or they become shit as the war goes on.

I'm most of the time only invested in arcs before war and start of anime arc...

Let it be naruto , Mha , AoT , DM.

Previous arcs were better you will a lot of shit writing during War arcs , Random power ups.

Reads a lot better all at once that one chapter a week I imagine.

AFO turned into a joke though, guy didn't manage to kill a single character (except Stain maybe?) and his appearance literally got less and less intimidating with every chapter.