General & Others To those who say One Piece verse is bigger then Naruto verse..

Naruto was more focused than OP. If Kishimoto wanted he could write several more arcs for jutsu creation, how techniques were developed, kekkie genkai. But several aspects of writing need to be shortened for comprehensiveness, thus he just used chakra nature test and gave innate abilities.

World building is not an art, it is a choice. And these choices are dictated by sales and story material, which Oda is capable of generating, even after 20 years. So, both are amazing, but I enjoyed Naruto more than OP.

This is indeed an unpopular opinion. Because 8-9/10 people I know who're caught up to both the series find OP better even though Naruto is more popular worldwide. Interesting take, I respect it.
I am a shonen fan, so dont mind me 😂
I started with Kinikuman Legacy when I was in 5-6th grade, later Naruto and DBZ. I always checked OP episodes here and there, but never bothered to watch 500 previous episodes. I started watching OP when I had completed Naruto and DBZ.
So, it left a mark on me, and since then I liked similar animes only.
OP is great, the start was amazing, tbh I never bothered to watch OP from EP 1. Later, I watched OP anime, then read colored manga, because I had run out of anime and mangas 😂
I still prefer JJK over OP, just because of constant hype and fights. Recent reads are: Kengan Omega, Chainsaw Man, recently someone in waiting room recommended Hunters Guild: Red Hood, Juuni Taisen: Chinese Zodiac War, Golden Kamuy, etc.

OP is in a different league, no other manga can compete with it. Look at Hunter x Hunter and Berserk. I still love OP for what it is, and keep on reading weekly chapters.
Post automatically merged:

I tried to watch Bleach, I remember Ichigo went to Soul Society or sth like that, later there was someone killed and they were investigating who is the murder. I lost interest after that.
Never checked Fairy Tail. Black clover started off similar, I was looking forward to it, but I lost interest after they defeated the elf.
Lately, My Hero Academia has been the same, I remember being hyped for MHA new anime seasons, but I have not watched a single EP of this season.

Last edited:

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
I am a shonen fan, so dont mind me 😂
I started with Kinikuman Legacy when I was in 5-6th grade, later Naruto and DBZ. I always checked OP episodes here and there, but never bothered to watch 500 previous episodes. I started watching OP when I had completed Naruto and DBZ.
So, it left a mark on me, and since then I liked similar animes only.
OP is great, the start was amazing, tbh I never bothered to watch OP from EP 1. Later, I watched OP anime, then read colored manga, because I had run out of anime and mangas 😂
I still prefer JJK over OP, just because of constant hype and fights. Recent reads are: Kengan Omega, Chainsaw Man, recently someone in waiting room recommended Hunters Guild: Red Hood, Juuni Taisen: Chinese Zodiac War, Golden Kamuy, etc.

OP is in a different league, no other manga can compete with it. Look at Hunter x Hunter and Berserk. I still love OP for what it is, and keep on reading weekly chapters.
Post automatically merged:

I tried to watch Bleach, I remember Ichigo went to Soul Society or sth like that, later there was someone killed and they were investigating who is the murder. I lost interest after that.
Never checked Fairy Tail. Black clover started off similar, I was looking forward to it, but I lost interest after they defeated the elf.
Lately, My Hero Academia has been the same, I remember being hyped for MHA new anime seasons, but I have not watched a single EP of this season.
Better re read Bleach:beckmoji: You stopped halfway through one of the greatest arcs in shonen.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
This is about world proportions not which manga is more popular lol.

I would bet on the OP world to be bigger but I did never dig into the matter properly.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
This is indeed an unpopular opinion. Because 8-9/10 people I know who're caught up to both the series find OP better even though Naruto is more popular worldwide. Interesting take, I respect it.
Is it? I am pretty sure I know plenty of people who prefer Naruto over OP. I am actually one of them lol.

I still prefer JJK over OP
:kata:

Black clover started off similar, I was looking forward to it, but I lost interest after they defeated the elf.
Continue reading it tho. It's great.

And if you haven't yet, then definitely read Chainsaw Man.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
i---------------->.

tell dem naroto world is so biger that they need teleportations gates to travel through timensions..
Few year ago I would defend One Piece's world building but I genuinely grow to get bored of this whole "Oda has the best world building in manga". Sure he has cool locations and all but the majority of this argument runs on Oda making characters say how many islands there are in One Piece so people assume: "Wowie One Piece the best so many islands". With literally maybe 0.1% of them shown.

imo
there are many factors not related to the series that lead to this as well

primary being people often watch naruto first and then move to one piece (due to numerical differences in episodes) .. so the thrill dissipates gradually as they focus more on One piece in real time as they are watching it..

the then there is the audience that are categorically divided some are more attached to the protagonist, and don't skip fillers which immerses them even more in the story and attachments with characters.
and the animation obviously.. naruto is partially well animated.. mind you some One piece fans claim that the OP anime get better post time skip which is in accordance to the narrative is a laughable claim..

one piece in general has a alot going for it individuality of the characters and alot AALOT OF HYPE MOMENTS THAT CLING VIEWERS while naruto needs a comprehending mind to keep itself enthralled otherwise you don't see philosophical moments being comprehended by people .. when i watched naruto about 3 years ago it wasn't as famous as it is now and it really clings you to naruto the character and then a broader societal POV of what the ideologies underlie etc etc

One piece has just immense storytelling gems coz of Oda.. alot of people don't seem to be appreciating it m. especially here people are divided among fan bases cussing the MC for being the MC coz their character isn't the MC... bruh if reddit is stage one cancer.. you know what stage 3 cancer seems like after you go through the grime in the forum

ofc it comes down to people's subjective view to what counts as a better series or more enthralling story.. whether that be philosophies, themes etc which aren't covered for one piece on this forum unfortunately....

for me one piece interms of representing the MC alone is justy Awesome MONEKY D LUFFY IS SOME OF BEST CHARACTERS I HAVE READ

the same goes for naruto.. it may be the spontaneity of Luffy 's decisions and quirks for him but naruto' s journey and the way Kishimoto wrote him with the ideologies covered in the story is just mind blowingly awesome.

i don't choose one over the other coz if i do i'd be low key insulting the latter..

Few year ago I would defend One Piece's world building but I genuinely grow to get bored of this whole "Oda has the best world building in manga". Sure he has cool locations and all but the majority of this argument runs on Oda making characters say how many islands there are in One Piece so people assume: "Wowie One Piece the best so many islands". With literally maybe 0.1% of them shown.
elaborat..