Powers & Abilities Toei hasn’t messed up that hard on Zoro’s King’s haki

The case of Zoro having basic CoC but having no idea about Adv CoC is also can be the case. Zoro and Kidd have no idea about Luffy using internal destruction haki against Kaido is a good hint. But if Zoro does indeed coating Adv CoC in Asura to scarred Kaido then he should have make it clear and say something like, "Huh huh? You can use Conqueror's Haki as a weapon too?!" Something like that and Zoro is like, "Huh? I have no idea what ya talking about?"

But Kaido was surprised that Luffy coating CoC into his fist and legs but not Zoro so that's why I don't think Zoro using Adv CoC to cut Kaido. Asura is more of a unique technique (or a retcon of CoC) to hurt Kaido. Anyhow, I don't think Toei messed it up completely but it ruined the surprise.
Why was Kaido surprised about zoro's CoC then if not for zoro using AdCoc ?

Good question, and because said question is good, no one has the answer to it.
To me the only way it makes sense is that Kaido noticed his AdCoC because we saw that zoro didn't unleash the normal CoC haki blast and also because the attack did alot more damage to kaido than zoro's other attacks and the only other attack to scar kaido was Oden's AdCoC togen totsuka.

To me the only way it makes sense is that Kaido noticed his AdCoC because we saw that zoro didn't unleash the normal CoC haki blast and also because the attack did alot more damage to kaido than zoro's other attacks and the only other attack to scar kaido was Oden's AdCoC togen totsuka.
And note that he also looked at his wound before speaking about his CoC.

And note that he also looked at his wound before speaking about his CoC.
Exactly, at the time i thought zoro didn't know he had CoC but now after the anime i think they have to make it like he knew he had CoC but was confused at Kaido's words because he didn't ( consciously) use it which is ehhhhhhh but it is what it is.

Exactly, at the time i thought zoro didn't know he had CoC but now after the anime i think they have to make it like he knew he had CoC but was confused at Kaido's words because he didn't ( consciously) use it which is ehhhhhhh but it is what it is.
Even if he didn't know that he had CoC he looks confused mostly because he didn't know that he used it against Kaido. But Zoro is capable of recognizing a CoC burst when he sees one.

I

Indigo

I also think people have to remind themselves that the One Piece anime is made primarily for the Japanese Audience. That viewerbase has been following One Piece for a long time and i would bet most japanese fans have read the manga.

The anime is adding more context, adding little things and big things to the Wano arc, i don't think stuff like Zoro using CoC now hurts the Asura scene later on, after all just Asura as a skill has been long awaited to return, and most of the people in japan watching the anime already knows that scene will came later on because they've read the manga, so this scene only hypes them up for the time Roof Piece comes.

Even if he didn't know that he had CoC he looks confused mostly because he didn't know that he used it against Kaido. But Zoro is capable of recognizing a CoC burst when he sees one.
Zoro is capable of recognizing a CoC burst but doing it himself might be a very different thing, i think the scene fits a lot better if zoro had awakened both CoC and AdCoC in that moment but oh well ..

Zoro is capable of recognizing a CoC burst but doing it himself might be a very different thing, i think the scene fits a lot better if zoro had awakened both CoC and AdCoC in that moment but oh well ..
It might feel different but stuff like fodder being knocked down and the pressure of the blast itself is something that you can feel even when you are the one releasing the blast.