(TYBW) Byakuya vs Grimmjow

H

Haoshoku

Byakuya Kuchiki (Post Royal Guard Training)

Notable Feats/Moments:
- Casually roughed up As Nodt’s Tartarforas with the latter thinking he was in Bankai when he was actually just using Shikai.
- Was able to singlehandedly take on 5 Sternritter and defeat 3 by the end of the bout in just Shikai.
- Played a crucial support role vs Gerard and was one of the few who were able to get back up from Gerard’s initial onslaught.

VS

Grimmjow Jaggerjack

Notable Feats/Moments:
- Scared off Askin from engaging in CQC
- Later played a crucial support role against Vollstandig Askin, ripped his heart out (albeit with Urahara helping him move in the Gift Ball)
- Just drawing his sword forced True Shikai Ichigo to frantically guard up

Restrictions: None, both start off in base.
Both are in character.

My thoughts:
I think these two are basically around the same tier. Both were strong enough to play supporting roles vs the Schutzstaffel but were not at their level individually. I lean more towards Byakuya after a pretty close fight. With his improved power in bankai (completely evaporated Gerard’s head) and his shikai being able to hang with giant sized Gerard at times. But apparently Grimmjow has some moments in the novel that may indicate otherwise, not sure though.

Who would win?
@TheAncientCenturion @Blackbeard @Jiihad @playa4321 @RayanOO @ZenZu

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I'd initially lean towards Grimmjow. Zaraki compared base Grimmjow to released Nnoitra Gilga. I know Byakuya has something similar—As Nodt mistaking shikai for bankai—but I feel like Grimmjow's growth is much more extreme. Definitely a difficult fight for Grimmjow, who's head strong and tends to go straight at his opponents compared to Byakuya who sticks back and is non-confrontational with his body.

H

Haoshoku

I'd initially lean towards Grimmjow. Zaraki compared base Grimmjow to released Nnoitra Gilga. I know Byakuya has something similar—As Nodt mistaking shikai for bankai—but I feel like Grimmjow's growth is much more extreme. Definitely a difficult fight for Grimmjow, who's head strong and tends to go straight at his opponents compared to Byakuya who sticks back and is non-confrontational with his body.
Isn’t Released Nnoitra back in Hueco Mundo like practically nothing compared to current base Grimmjow?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Isn’t Released Nnoitra back in Hueco Mundo like practically nothing compared to current base Grimmjow?
I don't remember much of Novel Grimmjow's feats tbh. I just remember that Zaraki compared his reiasu to Ressureccion Nnoitra and wanted to fight Grimmjow. Beyond that, I think it was stated Grimmjow's the current strongest hollow (for as little as that matters).