General & Others Usopp needs a pet

Usopp is not a close range fighter and he knows that. Man is at his best when he’s capable of putting space between he and his opponents. He’s even better when he’s able to shot his opponents while keeping a distance. Whether is Karoo, Tama’s lion dog, chopper the hundreds of times, etc

While a beetle is probably the most common opinion on what type of pet if devil fruit weapon he should have I personally think some weird amphibian or reptile would be cooler. Maybe like a frog or chameleon so they can climb on walls and use camouflage and stuff. Tho they admittedly aren’t the fastest animals but still

Point is whether it’s a devil fruit or whatever I think he needs his own Zeus. Lowkey if for whatever reason he got Prometheus I wouldn’t mind
:handsup:
I do expect or at least want big mom to show up in elbaf and do her soul pocus thing against usopp in front of the giants
:jordanmf:

It's a cool idea because the frog or whatever it is could compensate for Usopp's lack of strength too. If it were specifically a frog, it could just slap fodder away with its tongue.

If he's going to fight Van Auger... I think he needs some speed. If he's just going to sit around then he's a sitting duck for a Warp Sniper.

If the frog 🐸 could do a "Shave" (Soru) like ability that would make Usopp more elusive.

Can you imagine Usopp being like "Okay!! Gotta hold on tight! He's going to jump!" and then the Frog does a super Leap.

Last edited:
It's a cool idea because the frog or whatever it is could compensate for Usopp's lack of strength too. If it were specifically a frog, it could just slap fodder away with its tongue.

If he's going to fight Van Auger... I think he needs some speed. If he's just going to sit around then he's a sitting duck for a Warp Sniper.

If the frog 🐸 could do a "Shave" (Soru) like ability that would make Usopp more elusive.

Can you imagine Usopp being like "Okay!! Gotta hold on tight! He's going to jump!" and then the Frog does a super Leap.
Thinking about on top of being known for camouflage both frogs and chameleon are also famous for their tongues

Usopp’s 2 main items are his slingshot and bag so maybe he can feed the slingshot the frog/chameleon and his bag something else

Tho his kabuto can already eat so that might be redundant

Usopp doesn't need anything new, neither pets nor Thor's hammer. Usopp had everything he needed to be a great character. Oda just has to bring back the Sogeking mask to help Usopp get past his cowardice, and those do-all solve-any-problem projectile seeds. Usopp the botanist was the coolest iteration of the character, and it was so shortlived it's a crime.