Character Discussion Vergo survived Punk Hazard's explosion by eating Smiley's Axolotl Fruit to regrow his body

CoC: Color of Clowns

"Jail is for Second Class Citizens" - Government
That's right, bitches, it's a fucking Vergo thread at 5:55 AM EST. Why? Wynaut.

So, my big hold up with Punk Hazard has always been Smiley's Axolotl Fruit, that reincarnated into an apple when Smiley died. Remember Smiley, Caeasar's poison death cloud he fed a Devil Fruit to? This adorable boy.

And his fruit!

For a long time, I couldn't understand the point of showing us this reincarnated Fruit. Caeasar's focus on Devil Fruit experimentation makes it a good arc to show how Devil Fruit's reincarnate, but, why this one specifically? Why would Oda show us this specific Fruit?

So, I looked into what an Axelotl can do. And the most interesting aspect was limb regeneration.

Who do we know who lost at least a few limbs during Punk Hazard?

So, this is the basis of the theory: Vergo uses CoA on his body, hoping to survive, but in the end his head gets launched far away. Near death, Vergo realizes his head has landed on a sled, and sees a Devil Fruit in front of him. Seeing no other hope, Vergo eats the Fruit, and, suddenly, his body begins to reform...

THE WILL OF V WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!