Theory Wano - Void Century Parallels

I've become convinced that Wano and the Oden flashback specifically are supposed to foreshadow the Void Century in a big way.

- A history that has been forgotten and a fake story taught instead
- A hero who leaves the borders of his world to go to sea and become the first pirate from his people
- He leaves an account of his travels for the next generation
- The hero then returns and loses a battle to a usurping tyrannical alliance (Imu and the 20/Kaido and Orochi)
- Tyrant plans to destroy the world and put a castle in the middle of it (Pangea Castle) from which he'll rule it all
- Hero passes on his dream to a prophecied future generation
- He has a cheerful dance of hope
- A flooded world
- Directly connected by Toki

To top it all off, the lyrics to Hiyori's "Moon Princess":

In the day, the scent of flowers
At night, the twinkling of the stars
It's a world that no one knows of.
She puts on the white slippers,
and crosses the white moon bridge,
dreaming of a sweet kiss.
This is where the princess lives.
Offer your prayers up to the moon,
and someday it will surely bring you happiness.

Turning and turning
The moon's a merry-go-round
Making her cool glass dress flutter
Always watching over it all,
Moon, Moon Princess

Where Moon is pronounced in English: Mu-N... sound like someone? Princess Mu Nerona?

The second part of the song talks about the moon princess waiting on a man she loves - which could only be the Sun.

Assuming this is all right, what can we predict about Joyboy's story before we get it? Here's what I have:

- The Void Century was analogous to the Sengoku Jidai. We already have the unification of states into a totalitarian government, and a "Council of 5 elders" who IRL watched over the heir to Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and the closing of the borders.
- This makes the Void Century a time of total war.
- The world was once a unified continent that had no knowledge of a wider world beyond it. Joyboy was the first adventurer to leave - like Columbus - and prove that there was more to the world.
- Joyboy will have foreign companions (Neko and Inu) - probably giants or fishmen - who he introduces to his world as part of his crew
- If Im is the Moon Princess from the song, it may mean that Im was in love with Joyboy in some twisted way.

B

Borasey79

I agree with all your points except one: so far, based on dialog, Imu is all but confirmed male. He can't be the Moon Princess of the song
unless
he is a male entity who overtook the body of the princess, and the sun alone can make her return to be herself.

I agree with all your points except one: so far, based on dialog, Imu is all but confirmed male. He can't be the Moon Princess of the song
unless
he is a male entity who overtook the body of the princess, and the sun alone can make her return to be herself.
I'd agree that it's certainly leaning towards Imu being a man so far. First and foremost the song refers to Toki of course, so it doesn't need some alternate meaning necessarily.

But there's a lot there relating to Imu as well. We have a lot about Imu wanting Lily brought to Mariejois and now Vivi. It could be that the popular theory about Imu being in unrequited love with Lily is right; That would match with Komurasaki and Orochi.