Was Seika the best place to live the last 20 years in Kingdom ?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I would live in the south of Qin, where all the people of the Rou Ai affair got exiled. Seems like shit never reaches that far south so I think I would be pretty safe there.
You can have thiefs, gangs, you’re not far from Chu either, not far from mountains too etc etc

You’re not totally safe there I think

and the last 20 years there were a lot of power struggles in Qin royal palace, warfare etc etc.

At least in Seika you won’t be sent fighting somewhere to defend Qin.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
What about being a civilian in Yotanwa's kingdom? No fighting ever seems to reach there, most kingdoms ignore its existence, Yotanwa and her army is undefeatable, you live in a 10,000 feet above sea level fortress and the most dangerous thing in the area is the army defending you. Sounds pretty good.
Mountains tribes seem quite drugged into fighting spirit and I don’t think it’s totally safe for a normal guy to hang around them all time.

And YTW was expanding her territory i think so lots of in fighting. And after that YTW became a Q6 so lots of outside fighting as well.

‘And in the mountains life can be quite rough I think

What about being a civilian in Yotanwa's kingdom? No fighting ever seems to reach there, most kingdoms ignore its existence, Yotanwa and her army is undefeatable, you live in a 10,000 feet above sea level fortress and the most dangerous thing in the area is the army defending you. Sounds pretty good.
Wait till Danto calls you for a friendly sparring in the name of Yotanwa's nethers:jay-he:

Mountains tribes seem quite drugged into fighting spirit and I don’t think it’s totally safe for a normal guy to hang around them all time.
Aye but I assumed that this is from the point of view of respective civilians.

Sure, if I am a Han citizen then Seika would probably be nicer than Mountainstan but why would a Mountain Tribal prefer Seika over the mountain fortress filled with his homies?
And YTW was expanding her territory i think so lots of in fighting. And after that YTW became a Q6 so lots of outside fighting as well.
Isn't that pretty much everywhere though? Seika is close to Yan territory so even if Seika isn't expansionist, war still comes to them and all fighting age males would be expected to serve in the military if necessary anyway. That or Zhao acts expansionist and demands bodies to fill the ranks.
‘And in the mountains life can be quite rough I think
Probably but Mountain Tribals are used to it so it doesn't really hurt them too much. Lol.
Wait till Danto calls you for a friendly sparring in the name of Yotanwa's nethers:jay-he:
Worth it.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
That or Zhao acts expansionist and demands bodies to fill the ranks.
Seika seems really out of the Zhao wars, I don’t think they send a single citizen for all the other wars in the recent past. SBS being « sick » and all.

Isn't that pretty much everywhere though? Seika is close to Yan territory so even if Seika isn't expansionist, war still comes to them and all fighting age males would be in the military anyway. That or Zhao acts expansionist and demands bodies to fill the ranks.
Ordo attacked Seika for the first time a couple of years ago
And he didn’t even have the shadow of an idea of what happened there and who lived there.

So I think Yan military didn’t attack Seika at all or really a few times over the last decade, or Ordo would have known that the Yan had their ass kicked 100 times against a small city who seemed to be unimportant.

It was probably Gyou.

Second largest city of Zhao, deep in the heartlands, heavily fortified even before Ri Boku's modifications, close to the capitol and its army, and, most importantly, under the rule of a generous and conscientious duke related to the royal family that kept his people fed.

You'd probably have access to everything you need, and if shit got too hot in Zhao, escaping to Wei, Qin or Qi would be possible by land or the Yellow River.

Last edited:
Not all refugees arrive penniless and with just the clothes on their backs. Entirely possible and likely many in the north brought as much of their wealth and possessions as they could carry with them to Seika over the years.

You can also assume Shi Ba Shou put the wealth of his family and earnings from the Zhao military machine into Seika. His vassals and soldiers likely did the same.

Last edited: