General & Others Was the Two year timeskip necessary?

Was the Two Year Timeskip Necessary? I say no.

Was anything improved because of it? If the Strawhats came back together after the events of Marineford the story would have still worked, if not been better. The Timeskip really killed to momentum of One Piece.

Especially because between Amazon Lily, Impel Downs, and Marineford, the basics of Haki where not only established, quite well intact, but Luffy had unlocked it. So the training was largely unneeded since most of the Strawhats haven't shown that simply adventuring and getting stronger naturally through their journey would have given them enough strength to succeed in the New World.

It would also been better at making Luffy and the Strawhats more of the Underdogs in the New World.

This thread and its existence absolutely baffles me. I can't believe someone even thought about making this.

Need I say more? Going to Rusukaina was essential. How else would he be able to get strong enough to protect the ones he cares about?

You don't get a huge power boost with just a day's work. Besides, if we didn't get a timeskip then all of the events that have taken place since Rusukaina wouldn't of happened and the characters would look the same.

This thread and its existence absolutely baffles me. I can't believe someone even thought about making this.

Need I say more? Going to Rusukaina was essential. How else would he be able to get strong enough to protect the ones he cares about?

You don't get a huge power boost with just a day's work. Besides, if we didn't get a timeskip then all of the events that have taken place since Rusukaina wouldn't of happened and the characters would look the same.
I disagree, by the end of Marineford Luffy is definitely strong enough to survive the New World, Look at the other Supernovas and Luffy was the strongest one. Yes the event wouldn't be exactly the same, but the story would be the same. Just speed up and change things. Make the New World more challenging, make Just sailing feel like it's on a different level. We didn't need the timeskip.

The skip was necessary to get stronger. Look at other supernovas, they either became subordinates to those with power or became destroyed while strawhats are still solo or on top of every alliance they made.

It wasn't needed, anyone who say otherwise is brainless fanboy.
SHP getting stronger? Oda pushed BS power-ups since the East Blue saga lol
The TS was for new merchandise; new SHP designs = new merchandise
Simple
Here I have to agree with you.
Oda could have just give PU to every Mugi and that's It.
Also, yeah Luffy sure became stronger post ts but still he got several PU to really rival the top, start of Post TS Luffy would get demolished by admirals so..
:kayneshrug:

Timeskip was needed for the Strawhats to get stronger. But it also damage their characterization as a crew overall. For example, not enough crew interaction.
The only true "damage" Timeskip has is Sanji. Yeah, I'm talking about the overuse of the pervert gag.
Then those amazing recipes, Oda didn't even showcase them anymore.

It's sad that he is the only SH that doesn't have a good time in his TS training.

As for why he doesn't get a serious or reliable mentor, resulting in his powerlevel to not increase that much ala Luffy Zoro, it can be considered as a problem too. But I don't mind it.
Post automatically merged:

Luffy only needed 2 weeks in udon to go from being 1 shot by kaido to being able to make him bleed.

All the strawhats should lift blocks and train with hyogoro for 2 weeks then they too can get much stronger.
Unfortunately, other SH doesn't have talent as high as Luffy and Zoro, so this method may not work.
Actually this can be seen as a good thing because the SH still struggle in the New World, and not just roflstomp it.

I disagree, by the end of Marineford Luffy is definitely strong enough to survive the New World, Look at the other Supernovas and Luffy was the strongest one. Yes the event wouldn't be exactly the same, but the story would be the same. Just speed up and change things. Make the New World more challenging, make Just sailing feel like it's on a different level. We didn't need the timeskip.
But Luffy isn't the only one that needed to get stronger? How would you make Nami learn how to navigate in the harsh weather in the New World in such a short amount of time? It was considered to be a graveyard for pirates in the beginning, which it still is.

The Straw Hats needed to get stronger. I don't see how they could've done this without getting separated and trained by others, like Mihawk.

Also, I'm pretty sure every other crew that went to the New World had a dozen or more members with them so they had more people doing things. Not counting Luffy, there were only 8 crewmembers at the time on his ship.

We saw at the beginning of the New World that quite a few of the Worst Generation ran into issues with the weather and other pirates. Bonney getting her crew wiped out by Blackbeard, for example. So they were even more inexperienced than the Straw Hats were once they got around to it.

It wasn't needed, anyone who say otherwise is brainless fanboy.
SHP getting stronger? Oda pushed BS power-ups since the East Blue saga lol
The TS was for new merchandise; new SHP designs = new merchandise
Simple
???

Does this imply that Luffy should've stayed 17 forever or until EoS?? I doubt marketing was the main reason and it seems bold of you to say so. Timeskips are cool, because we get to see the characters age. Something Pokemon can't do crap with. :lawsigh: