General & Others What about X-Drake being Luffy's Garp?

M

MD Zolo

So, we have discussed in length about the potential of Koby or Smoker being the Garp to Luffy's Roger. I don't think the analogy works because Luffy isn't Roger and there probably ain't gonna a new Garp (if anything, Luffy's the new Garp).

But still, what about Drake as the potential Garp to Luffy? Drake is a Marine and he is from the same generation as Luffy and is grouped together with him. Besides, as a supernova Drake is expected to be stronger than Koby and possibly stronger than Smoker.

Nah, I don't like the idea of characters being replacements/ expy of older generations. Luffy will get the pirate king title, but I don't want him being identical to Roger. Being different is good. *Glares @ Sabo*

Drake might be a future admiral, but that is only if some form of the WG system survives at the end. Either way it doesn't seem like X-Drake has a particular interest in pursuing Luffy.

Doesn’t make any sense. IIRC they haven’t had any interactions at all, and unless Drake gets some G4 level feats, doubt he’ll be catching up to Luffy anytime soon. IMO Akainu is the closest thing Luffy has to a Garp/Marine rival.

Smoker completely fits the bill except strength, though he is with Vegapunk right now and should learn a lot about DFs, so he might really come back significantly stronger.

Drake can be similar to Garp though, in that they will team up to fight BM and Kaidou, similarly to Rocks.
But that´s it really.

For me,

Smoker is Luffy's garp (both are stray dogs)

Koby is the new Sengoku ( cause they both are idealistic, let alone the glasses lol)

Drake is Drake (he's original, not a copy-cat wanna be garp/sengoku) he'll be unique in his own way, that's better imo than having another parallel
Post automatically merged:

Smoker completely fits the bill except strength, though he is with Vegapunk right now and should learn a lot about DFs, so he might really come back significantly stronger.

Drake can be similar to Garp though, in that they will team up to fight BM and Kaidou, similarly to Rocks.
But that´s it really.
I love how people think Smoker cannot get stronger by his own skills lol
The guy is vice admiral already without having advanced observation haki or advanced armament or awakening! Let alone his jitte being upgraded can also be a power up.

The dude is waaay behind in advanced level while being vice admiral already only means if he developed those areas, the dude can be a monster.

It's just weird how people think he cannot get stronger lol, and they only are counting on Vegapunk is even more weird!

So, we have discussed in length about the potential of Koby or Smoker being the Garp to Luffy's Roger. I don't think the analogy works because Luffy isn't Roger and there probably ain't gonna a new Garp (if anything, Luffy's the new Garp).

But still, what about Drake as the potential Garp to Luffy? Drake is a Marine and he is from the same generation as Luffy and is grouped together with him. Besides, as a supernova Drake is expected to be stronger than Koby and possibly stronger than Smoker.
Dunno if Oda wanted it to be that way, Drake would have clashed with Luffy instead of Sanji.

Tho i can see him being an Admiral, bt strengthwise only ones that can trouble Luffy are Admirals, and in that dept Akainu is the solution WG n Marines have to PK Luffy like they had Garp for Rodger.

Smoker fits the character part, bt Oda strengthwise Luffy has surpassed him big. I can't see how he could even become Admiral at this point, his growth can't be same as Luffy and his logia df doesn't have much potential.

Drake is not even close to something like that portrayal wise. He should have get something like Coby or at least have something as Law or Kidd. Plus now he has been paired with Sanji and that is not something a future Garp is gonna get.

Candidates for thevrole are Coby and maybe Smoker.

I thought you were going to talk about GodValley incident and how Luffy and Xdrake will replace Roger and Garp defeating Rocks, Kaido+BM of the Rocks