General & Others What we can expect of the holy knights

I think it makes a lot more sense for the holy knights to be a sizeable organization, similar to the marines or a yonko crew, rather than just a collection of a few elite individuals(like the tobi roppo or CP0).

We know that there are ranks within the holy knights. Garling is the supreme commander.

previously, Garling was just a holy knight.

My guess is that there is likely a rank between a normal holy knight and the supreme commander, call it "holy knight commanders".

You have Garling, the supreme commander at the top, then under him some subset of commanders

I presume that the 9 silhouettes here belong to the holy knight commanders.

Then I'd assume that below them are the basic holy knights.

If you want an analogy, its basically the straw hat crew.

Garling --- Supreme Commander | Luffy---Captain
9 Holy knight commanders | 9 Straw hat commanders(the SHP)
base holy knights | Straw hat grand fleet

Garling and the Commanders are, of course, the most important part. However I still think you will have a level of fodder and weakling holy knights just so that the grand fleet can be relevant, because they are clearly set up to be relevant.

For them to be relevant, they need to fight the main antagonists of the arc: the celestial dragons.

The marines are also antagonists but they are secondary antagonists, comparable to Big Mom and Orochi's forces in wano. Hence they will be taken out by allies and not the SHGF, which are technically Luffy's subordinates.

Oda already seems to be building revos vs marines. Dragon was a former marine(that Akainu hates), Sabo fought fujitora in dressrosa, and the revo commanders fought admirals in reverie.

With this, I don't think it makes much sense for the SHGF to fight marines. Especially when the marines have absolutely zero hype.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
β€Žβ€Žβ€Ž
Holy Knights < Seraphim < Gorosei < Imu-sama

Is the hierarchy of combatants in the Final War, I'd bet my left ball on. Except the Holy Knights to be as weak as Ulti and as strong as Jack or Smoothie with Lord Garlic being a standout.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
Holy Knights < Seraphim < Gorosei < Imu-sama

Is the hierarchy of combatants in the Final War, I'd bet my left ball on. Except the Holy Knights to be as weak as Ulti and as strong as Jack or Smoothie with Lord Garlic being a standout.
I expect them to have a few other standouts outside of Garling tbh

I bet the Nerona and Donquixote Holy Knights are going to be exceptionally strong too