Which enemy was the most difficult to beat ?

Yes great Ape Vegeta wins the brawl, and the ape is part of Vegeta power set.
Even without it, Goku was at his limit after KKx4 + Kamehameha. I dont think he would have stood if he tried another KK3. Vegeta played it safe, but he probably didnt had to.

The only thing i find BS (not just in this fight but general) how the kamehameha pushed him away instead of exploding on him like the genkidama did. Always find that annoying.

Picolo - Weaker than Goku, only issue was killing him meant no Dragon Balls.
Vegeta - Weaker than Goku with his KK abilities, plus had a few tough allies left to help.
Freeza - Had to unlock a whole new form to beat, and even then he almost lost.
Cell - Vegeta/Gohan/Trunks/Goku probably could've made an effective team if they fought together, and Gohan was a ticking time bomb anyways.
Buu - Goku could've beat him. Gohan was on the cusp of beating him.

Frieza's it for me.
Tbh Vegeta felt like a closer call than Freeza, but the fight was only so difficult because Vegeta had that plot-induced ability to create a temporary new moon that didn’t really make sense. It took so many plot-induced power ups to beat Freeza (a dozen Zenkai boosts, Namekian Fusion, and Super Saiyan)

Ultimate Gohan couldn't destroy him because Buu would just regenerate. He was unable to wield any techs that could vaporise him out of existence.

You cant brush off anything with Vegito. Vegito was literally KAIO's last resort. GODS couldn't handle Buu. That's LEVELS above any other enemy in terms of difficulty.
Kid buu, fat buu or super buu can't do anything to ultimate gohan, it's a fact. Cell was also capable to regenerate but gohan destroyed him.

Last resort because super buu absorbed ultimate gohan.
Against kid buu if gohan was there, it was enough. He is the most powerful non fusionnal character in DBZverse according to Toriyama so it was not that hard to beat him.

Against freezer they and we didn't know what to do to beat him. It was so desperate af! And damdam SSG1 came :finally: