Character Discussion Which one between Drake and Hawkins would be a better right hand man for Law?

Who?

• Diez Drake

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Basil Hawkins

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
THIS IS A CHARACTER DISCUSSION, NO POWER LEVEL

Hawkins and Drake both showed some correlation to Law, in different ways
If you had to chose one of the 2 to become Law's Right Hand Man/First Mate, who would you pick?

Things that should be taken into consideration are the character, portrayal, themes, strenght too and so on... but most importantly how much would he be useful to Law and compatible with him as a crewmate/partner

I

Indigo

I would go with Hawkins, i think Law is already a pretty good strategist and with Hawkin's powers he would be able to get good info and decide accordingly.

But, Drake and Law do share a backstory thread, so that would be cool too.

Law already has Bepo :neesama:

But I suppose if I had to pick, then Drake would be a good one to plan stuff with. At the end of the day he will probably cooperate with our heroes one way or another anyways.
To elaborate I think Hawkins is as secretive as Law is. I don't think their personalities match well because of the similarity, so I'd prefer Drake.

I would go with Hawkins, i think Law is already a pretty good strategist and with Hawkin's powers he would be able to get good info and decide accordingly.

But, Drake and Law do share a backstory thread, so that would be cool too.
To elaborate I think Hawkins is as secretive as Law is. I don't think their personalities match well because of the similarity, so I'd prefer Drake.
Imo the matter is that:

Hawkins is a strategist: long term planned, cautius, prep time oriented so would be more supplementar to Law
Drake is a tactician: more practical, acts on his feet and gives a good back up so would be more complementar to Law

Law shares qualities/character patterns with both of them but I would pick Drake

Imo the matter is that:

Hawkins is a strategist: long term planned, cautius, prep time oriented so would be more supplementar to Law
Drake is a tactician: more practical, acts on his feet and gives a good back up so would be more complementar to Law

Law shares qualities/character patterns with both of them but I would pick Drake
Yeah, and all you said about Hawkins would make Law and Hawkins a boring pair with no dynamic. While Drago would bring him something new to the table.

At the end of the day that's why I think Law and Luffy have fun interactions, because they're polar opposites.

Yeah, and all you said about Hawkins would make Law and Hawkins a boring pair with no dynamic. While Drago would bring him something new to the table.

At the end of the day that's why I think Law and Luffy have fun interactions, because they're polar opposites.
A first mate has to be a valuable man on the battlefields too (look at Zoro and Killer for example) also someone who has the will to take risks... and these patterns are present in Drake, much less in Hawkins.
Hawkins has bad records in loyality too tbh
Post automatically merged:

But I have to admit that a strategic collaboration between Law and Hawkins couldd be the most broken in the manga

Law already has Bepo :neesama:
Bepo cool and a funny character but is he the confirmed first mate? I mean law seems to have met Bepo, Shachi and Penguin together and they formed the heart pirates all as founding members. I’ve always wondered how capable Shachi and Penguin are, I mean I was really hoping this was their time to showcase stuff but still nothing :/

I mean he most likely is due to his clothing differing from the rest, and he seems to be closer to law than the others. This is why I really wish Oda changed those main 3’s outfits to the black variants that were on the colour spread so that the core members actually stand out a bit more.

It actually pissed me off so much when they appeared again and were not wearing their black outfits like comeeeeee on Oda look how good they look in black. It actually makes Bepo look so much better. The orange always gave me some kind of plumber or prisoner vibes yet the black fit looks so much cleaner.

I mean I know it may be obvious now but I’m a sucker for an outfit change for characters, that’s one of my favourite things about a time skip haha

But even this colour page makes it even more evident that those 3 are his main members. I just wish Oda would include them more or let them do something. Zou was the perfect chance and Oda literally put them to the side. Like the alliance is cool and all, but when they said they were forming an alliance with the heart pirates I really wanted to see more interactions than just law with the Strawhats. Shachi, Penguin and Sanji conversing about women. Or like Robin calling Bepo cute and shit like that lol

I’ve worshiped you for many years Oda, why did you not answer my prayers??:pepecry:

Last edited:
Bepo cool and a funny character but is he the confirmed first mate? I mean law seems to have met Bepo, Shachi and Penguin together and they formed the heart pirates all as founding members. I’ve always wondered how capable Shachi and Penguin are, I mean I was really hoping this was their time to showcase stuff but still nothing :/

I mean he most likely is due to his clothing differing from the rest, and he seems to be closer to law than the others. This is why I really wish Oda changed those main 3’s outfits to the black variants that were on the colour spread so that the core members actually stand out a bit more.

It actually pissed me off so much when they appeared again and were not wearing their black outfits like comeeeeee on Oda look how good they look in black. It actually makes Bepo look so much better. The orange always gave me some kind of plumber or prisoner vibes yet the black fit looks so much cleaner.

I mean I know it may be obvious now but I’m a sucker for an outfit change for characters, that’s one of my favourite things about a time skip haha

But even this colour page makes it even more evident that those 3 are his main members. I just wish Oda would include them more or let them do something. Zou was the perfect chance and Oda literally put them to the side. Like the alliance is cool and all, but when they said they were forming an alliance with the heart pirates I really wanted to see more interactions than just law with the Strawhats. Shachi, Penguin and Sanji conversing about women. Or like Robin calling Bepo cute and shit like that lol

I’ve worshiped you for many years Oda, why did you not answer my prayers??:pepecry:

Oda made Bepo dirty when sent Carrot in WCI instead of him.
The whole Pedro-Zepo flasback would have been much more impactful and could have been the perfect set up for Bepo vs Perospero here in Onigashima, giving Heart Pirates more depth.. but no, let's make Carrot join
Damn you Oda
:lusalty:

Oda made Bepo dirty when sent Carrot in WCI instead of him.
The whole Pedro-Zepo flasback would have been much more impactful and could have been the perfect set up for Bepo vs Perospero here in Onigashima, giving Heart Pirates more depth.. but no, let's make Carrot join
Damn you Oda
Oh my god we could have had some interactions between Pedro, Peckoms and Bepo. More backstory about Zepo. Finally showcase what Bepo is capable of. Bepo and Nami together could have done the navigation through WCI, some comedic moments about Bepos map drawing skills and him apologising all the time. Some team fighting showing Bepo alongside heavy point Chopper, maybe they could have shown Bepo back story there rather than it being a shitty cover image on an sbs. Maybe even some story in the town where a mink like the wolf that saw Pedro could have mistaken Bepo for Zepo knowing that he’s dead then we could get little flashbacks here and there.
Sulong being shown by a Bepo firstly and then we finally see what a heart pirate other than law can do.

Nah I’m actually mad lol I hate Oda. I enjoyed WCI but Bepo being there snd maybe some tweaks to the Vinsmoke story and it could have been a lot better....

:risitasad:

Oh my god we could have had some interactions between Pedro, Peckoms and Bepo. More backstory about Zepo. Finally showcase what Bepo is capable of. Bepo and Nami together could have done the navigation through WCI, some comedic moments about Bepos map drawing skills and him apologising all the time. Some team fighting showing Bepo alongside heavy point Chopper, maybe they could have shown Bepo back story there rather than it being a shitty cover image on an sbs. Maybe even some story in the town where a mink like the wolf that saw Pedro could have mistaken Bepo for Zepo knowing that he’s dead then we could get little flashbacks here and there.
Sulong being shown by a Bepo firstly and then we finally see what a heart pirate other than law can do.

Nah I’m actually mad lol I hate Oda. I enjoyed WCI but Bepo being there snd maybe some tweaks to the Vinsmoke story and it could have been a lot better....

:risitasad:
Talk about wasting a great chance for fanservice
:ronalugh::ronalugh::ronalugh:

Talk about wasting a great chance for fanservice
:ronalugh::ronalugh::ronalugh:
I don’t get Carrot fanservice it’s just kinda wrong to me lol like I know a lot of people are into that but it’s a no from me lol. She’s a rabbit for Gods sake, the bath scene just made me feel wrong and weird for looking at it.

Nah you’ve actually got me onto something here, man Bepo would have actually been a great choice over Carrot I never really thought about that.

They both worst one will snitch on you being a marine dog and the other will leave your side cus of couple of cards that being sayed i pick hawkins he know how to obey the strong

S

stealthblack

drake will never quit marines, so hawkins because of that

hawkins also fits because he is a magical swordman like law, not as broken, fits right under. and he has cat mink for beppo.

oda better give hawk to law causse his crew is biggest joke since buggy's crew

Drake
Think Law has an idea that Drake is a marine spy, can't pass up the opportunity to know what the marines are doing. And Law proved he's loyal, he's not going to reveal Drake's secret.
Wouldn't be mad if Hawkins joined as well - North Blue Gang