Questions & Mysteries Which Strawhats will keep sailing post Luffy?

I dont know bro. Oda explicitely states in the manga that some of the shit he went through is shortening his lifespan (Ivankov Hormones being one example)
The rest is kinda headcanon but it has some basis.
I dont think Oda would show Luffy weakened and having to take a break from shit like for example G4 vs Doffy and G5 vs Kizaru if it wasnt taking a toll on him.
With all the the times luffy has shortened his lifespan him dying before the rest of the crew is pretty likely eos/epilogue wise
Aside from when Ivankov did what he did, when was it ever directly stated Luffy's lifespan is shortening? :risitexcla:

And taking breaks between gears are just because he was tired and run out of haki. I don't think it was ever stated that breaks between gears meant his lifespan is shortening. :nicagesmile:

Besides, Lolda went through all the trouble to retcon him into a Sun God that will liberate the world. And literally the world revolves around him. What's the point of killing him off after Imu goes down even? Who will lead the One Piece's world if their savior God dies? Who will the One Piece's world worship if their savior God dies? :gokulaugh:

Zoro fighting kizaru’s replacement could be really cool
Bro, come on. Surely you learned something from Wano? This is 2024 and you still believe Lolda will even write Zoro facing an opponent on the same level as Law and Kid? :lawsigh:

If we have Luffy, Law, and Kid vs Akainu, Fujitora, and Ryokugyu, then Zoro and the rest of Luffy's crew will be facing the Vice Admirals. :pepecroc:

Aside from when Ivankov did what he did, when was it ever directly stated Luffy's lifespan is shortening? :risitexcla:

And taking breaks between gears are just because he was tired and run out of haki. I don't think it was ever stated that breaks between gears meant his lifespan is shortening. :nicagesmile:

Besides, Lolda went through all the trouble to retcon him into a Sun God that will liberate the world. And literally the world revolves around him. What's the point of killing him off after Imu goes down even? Who will lead the One Piece's world if their savior God dies? Who will the One Piece's world worship if their savior God dies? :gokulaugh:
His pre timeskip gear strain was shortening his life

Over usage of g5 too

Also just to clarify luffy doesn’t have to die as soon as he becomes pirate king but he is likely to die relatively early compared to the other strawhats
Bro, come on. Surely you learned something from Wano? This is 2024 and you still believe Lolda will even write Zoro facing an opponent on the same level as Law and Kid? :lawsigh:

If we have Luffy, Law, and Kid vs Akainu, Fujitora, and Ryokugyu, then Zoro and the rest of Luffy's crew will be facing the Vice Admirals. :pepecroc:
Zoro fighting an vice admiral doesn’t mean it they can’t be comparable to Fuji and ryo
Imo

Zoro vs orange zodiac because it lets him fight a character on the same level strength wise to ryo and fuji. While at the same time them not technically being an admiral separates him from them position wise. Same way zoro can be comparable to kid/law strength wise but not be a captain

Sanji vs a zodiac a level below the one zoro faces. They might even have a rivalry and/or be a duo but sanji’s zodiac will clearly be the weaker of the 2. Sanji fighting an opponent essentially equal to Zoro’s doesn’t really make sense. So them both facing admirals at the same time doesn’t make sense

Imo, Luffy will not die shortly after becoming King of Pirates, he will have some time left to sail around the world and having adventures.
I mean, dude wants to be King of Pirates to be the freest man on the sea. So he will have some time to enjoy his freedom, maybe until he reaches his 30s.

So the ones I can see keep up the adventures with him until he dies are :
- Nami to complete her map of the World

- Zoro to protect his captain and basically becoming Mihawk (meaning he will wait a worthy opponent to challenge him)

- Usopp to have some more adventures

- Brook and Laboon to enliven the sea trips

- Franky to keep the Sunny in good shape

- Chopper to keep the crew in good health

- Sanji to protect his Nami

Robin and Jinbei, I see no reasons for them to stay after Luffy becomes King of Pirates. Because Robin will have discovered the thruth of the World with the Ryo Poneglyph.
And Jinbei because I basically don't see any reasons for him to stay.

But after Luffy will die, nobody will keep sailing I think. Maybe only Sanji if he opens a sailing sea restaurant.

The others, having fulfilled their dream, will have no reasons to keep sailing.

Franky will open his own engineer agency maybe to be a rival to Iceburg

Usopp has Kaya waiting for him so he will marry her (maybe then, he will sail again but with Kaya and his child, and his proteges)

Chopper will open a larger medical building on Drum Island

Robin will build a nation of scholars

Zoro will go back to Shimotsuki village to become a sensei

Jinbei will become the right hand of Neptune in the New nation built for the Fishmen

Brook will chill with Laboon at the Twin Cape

Nami will have fulfilled her dream so maybe she will become after that a tangerine merchant with her sister.

Last edited:
His pre timeskip gear strain was shortening his life
Considering the fact that Lucci was proven wrong and Luffy is not at all rubber, I think we can take his opinion with a grain of salt.

Over usage of g5 too
Bro, what? That panel literally showed Luffy healed himself. How does that shorten his lifespan? If anything, that means G5 can extend his lifespan. kingufy

Also just to clarify luffy doesn’t have to die as soon as he becomes pirate king but he is likely to die relatively early compared to the other strawhats
Finally a point I can accept.

Zoro fighting an vice admiral doesn’t mean it they can’t be comparable to Fuji and ryo
Imo
If there is a Vice Admiral that strong assuming the Marines lost Kizaru, they'd make him an Admiral already. :seriously:

Let's face it, Zoro isn't fighting an Admiral if Law and Kid are fighting the Admirals.