Questions & Mysteries Why does the community loves the Monet future SHP crew theory?

I understand liking a character and wanting them in the crew. But do you actually think it’s a realistic possibility or is it just purely for the fun?
Both. I started down the Monet rabbit hole because I liked the character; the theories that I found from other people were genuinely compelling enough for me to believe they were plausible. After that, I continued digging on my own to expand on those ideas and found more compelling evidence and that doing so was a fun way to spend my time.

Of course, I wholeheartedly acknowledge that I may be wrong, and naturally I'll be sad if I am, but not so much that I would think the time I spent theorizing wasn't worth it.

We know that Luffy believes that One Piece exists, but it won't ruin his life if it doesn't. Why shouldn't I believe in something just because I might be wrong?

Last edited:
Both. I started down the Monet rabbit hole because I liked the character; the theories that I found from other people were genuinely compelling enough for me to believe they plausible. After that, I continued digging on my own to expand on those ideas and found more compelling evidence and that doing so was a fun way to spend my time.

Of course, I wholeheartedly acknowledge that I may be wrong, and naturally I'll be sad if I am, but not so much that I would think the time I spent theorizing wasn't worth it.

We know that Luffy believes that One Piece exists, but it won't ruin his life if it doesn't. Why shouldn't I believe in something just because I might be wrong?
Taking the long shot’s not how I choose to operate, but I respect people who are passionate and I respect people who are reasonable so I can appreciate the sentiment. I wouldn’t make a very good Luffy lol.

Taking the long shot’s not how I choose to operate, but I respect people who are passionate and I respect people who are reasonable so I can appreciate the sentiment. I wouldn’t make a very good Luffy lol.
Haha, I'm sure I wouldn't either, I don't have nearly the force of will, but it's because of lessons like that that Oda has weaved into the story so well that I'm willing to publicly stake my reputation on what I care about.

As for being reasonable, I think that's the most important thing for discussions like this. Honestly, when Monet first appeared about a decade ago, I heard talk that people believed she'd join on the basis that she was a female villain and her power was snow (because Luffy loves snow). I balked at the idea at the time, and for the next few years I would occasionally remember it and thought it was asinine.

I only looked into it on a whim, but I'm glad that I did, because it taught me an important lesson in open-mindedness. It led me to other theorists who all had their own wildly different ideas and interpretations but were all nonetheless just as passionate. I found many ideas that I didn't put any stock in, but I did my best to engage with them in good faith anyway because I never knew who would introduce a new fantastic revelation to me next.

In short, I started liking Monet because of her design: green's my favorite color, I like birds, and her meticulous yet surprisingly shy personality was endearing, but she became my favorite character when I realized that because of her I was no longer just flipping through One Piece's pages every week, I was actually reading it. I was immersed in its world and thinking about it constantly in my daily life. I've always enjoyed One Piece since I was a kid, but reading passionate theories about Monet got me to truly love it, and that's something I'll always hold dear, even if Punk Hazard turns out to be the last time we'll see her outside of flashbacks.

because she’s a female and half the female shown get their own following to join the crew

but I’ll say this, if you still think she’s going to join ten years after she died you’re clearly dedicated and a fan for a different cause lol

honestly she has a cool design and DF. I would’ve loved to see her join the crew or maybe stick around by joining Law. Oda really didn’t have to kill her off

B

Ballel

Boi don't let me get your haircut......

If Gin is not coming back then his birthday won't be relevant anymore. But that's not the case.
What about my haircut?:choppawhat:

Birthdays have never been relevant. Oda never cared about them, as he lets fans decide them in the SBS.
The way he talks about them also makes it clear he doesn't care about them.