General & Others Why Garp is The TRUE Hero in one piece world

let's talk about THE HERO OF MARINE ... and why he is THE HERO OF THE WORLD

here I want to say why Garp is one of the greatest character that Oda created in any possible way
let's count down the reasons why Garp is the most true hero

let's list the easy ones first .... the basic things we need form a hero and some next level personality

1- Garp is one of most courageous

- fought the most unfair wars and never back down from a fight

2- Garp is strong, as strong as his enemies come

easily top 5 of all times

but ever greater than that ... he is not defined by his powers but his personality

3- Garp have great achievements

I think wining the greatest war known to world and fighting the king of pirates many times is enough for any man ever

4- Garp is a illustrious fighter

every person in the one piece world should know his name

5- he is a great role model

like all the good heroes in the fiction Garp is a role model
not only to main character but many Marines
let people take a moment and understand , both pirates and Marine can take notes from his man

6- His godly blood line

like all heroes he have a blood line of greatest quality
I think it's safe to assume as of now no one have a better blood line than Monkey family

6- He don't respect royalty

he really don't respect any man cause of their rank and blood line or even power
he only respect people with high personality even if that person be his own enemy

7- he don't like a shiny title to be effective

he is the freest Marine maybe ever he don't want high rank
he is a freedom fighter
just like Dragon
just like Luffy
he fight to free people from Pirates evil and that's all that matter for him, Garp is the honer of Vice Admiral rank

8- Garp understand greater good and act for what is good for others (part 1)
willing to save the innocent

with all the risk in the world he was willing to take care of his arch enemy as his own grand son
it take a great man to risk his job and life just to save the life of a innocent child
it's safe to say he did everything he could to raise ace right

(not to mention he was willing to ally himself with a Pirate ... another proof for his massive understanding of greater good)

9- Garp understand greater good and act for what is good for others (part 2)
he put his job over his family
an impossible call

Garp loved Ace like his own
it's not like he loved Luffy more
but cause Ace chose the most wrong way he didn't stood in the way of his death
he didn't want that and yet do it

it's take a great man to fight enemy
it take greater man to fight friend
it's close to improbable to fight family

but Garp goal is to do what is best for the world
he knows Ace cause create world class chaos

no matter how much you like Ace
for the people of one piece world his death was a good option and Garp understood that

10- Garp understand greater good and act for what is good for others (part 3)
he serve evil to stop greatest evil

people even dare to say Garp is a bad person cause he work for world government
but what is the alternative to world government ? have you ever asked yourself that?

sure world government kill innocent people
sure world government did some evil shit
sure world government have slaves
sure world government take too much tax
sure world government don't give a shit about many people

but let's compare the world under world government to world under a Pirate like Kaido

- endless blood
- people life have no value
- he kill his own people
- only power matter
- all people are slave in worst ways

world government is a evil force who at very least have a good public face and 90% of people under it have a good life or at least normal life
but if some one like Kaido was in control ... the 100% of people were fucked
Kaido is a evil force who is openly evil and hold back in nothing

and Marine is THE ONLY THING that stand between a world ruled by pirates and normal world

so Garp had 2 option

- serve world government
- let the world be ruled by likes of Kaido and Teach and Big Mom and Rocks and Shiki

and make no mistake , world government is 10 time better than those people

world government is much much better than a world in chaos or a world ruled by pirates so Garp fight FOR THEM while he know they are evil themselves

and I would say even some one like Akainu is not evil himself
but unlike Akainu
Garp don't hide his hate from world government and world government don't dare to pick on him for all of that

11- Garp understand greater good and act for what is good for others (part 4)
world gonna change cause of him

now ... Dragon after 900 years might give us a new alternative but Garp SURLY didn't had that
in fact ...
most likely Dragon have that alternative cause Garp teach him like that
don't forget ... Garp named Dragon, Dragon for a REASON
while Garp did a great number to save the world ... as he did in front of Xebec .... Dragon and Luffy are the people who will change the world in much higher level
and both of them are schooled by Garp in terms of personality

Garp is the ultimate hero
a man to save people form evil
with iconic personality
capable of making hard calls
and win every fight

he need far more respect not for his powers , but his personality​

@Queen
@Zoro
@Van
@playa4321
@Celestia
@Grumpy Zoro
@Ice devil slayer
@KiriNigiri
@Veljko2000
@rednose
@Winsmoke Sanji
@Monet
@Veku
@BigChungus2018
@Crooc
@Reborn
@BossYimz
@Robin swan
@PuckTheGreat
@RayanOO
@Orojackson Refugee
@Greenbeard
@Dragomir
@Sword God Ryuma
@Sentinel
@IceWitch
@Himura
@DarkWitch
@Mr. Anderson
@yunzabit heights
@Monster trio
@Vonal
@Don DaSlayer
@Xione
@Master OF Haki
@Topi Jerami
@Yukihime
@bennbeckman
@Thabeast
@SaintBellkin
@SinOfGreed
@Zenos7
@Lucas
@JioFreed
@pedxi
@Luslec
@style
@Luffy is the mc
@Guymieux
@Mikail
@KINGKONGGUN15
@RyumaZoro
@worst pirate
@ZenZu
@LuffyMazino
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@HAJIKATA
@Jackteo
@Tamerani
@Marimo_420
@Garp the Fist
@Kejon
@Fukki
@Flower
@Sunita
@RZ.119
@Sade
@Skiddo
@KageyamaShoyo
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Elcadar
@Finalbeta
@Bullet
@Dark Hound
@Patryipe
@Light D Lamperouge
@Enma
@Owl Ki
@ZoroIsOverrated
@Jack
@Admiral Lee Hung
@Bogard
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@Shiroyru
@Camie
@ShadyOjiro
@Benn beck
@SethTrollins
@MarimoHeado
@Foxy Bunny
@Bittersteel
@comrade
@Cyrus the Cactus
@OmegaPsyche
@SHIHI
@Zoro D Goat
@critical mindset
@kurwa
@WillOfMyD
@Jo_Ndule
@Reddot4
@Exodia.
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Gambit
@Monkey D Theories
@TheAncientCenturion
@Haoshoku
@Geo
@Yo Tan Wa
@Izaya X
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Albino 👑
@MasterD
@SmokedOut
@HeroesNZ
@Cinera
@Murilo
@Dark Knight Sanji
@Afroking
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Chaves
@Rivaille
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@MonsterZoro
@Gol D. Roger
@Soleus
@Aknolagon
@Emperor Nami
@Constantine
@Gensui Sazid
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@Hanzo hattori
@Buggy D Clown
@silverfire
@yorosenpai
@Tenshi No Konan
@Guan Yu
@Artorias
@Kiwipom
@zorojurou
@MD Zolo
@Brix
@Chrono
@HA001
@Sadistic Senpai
@bblue
@MarineHQ62
@KenshiraSonata
@Erkan12
@Buusatan94
@Celestial D. Dragon

Garp did 100 great things to save the most people he could during all his lives. But Dragon is the one who challenged everything, who faced the WG eye to eye, no compromises.
while Dragon and Luffy both are up there as well
they lack 2 things as of now compare to his dad

- they never made an impossible call ... while Garp did many
- (for now) they lack on achievement part ... Luffy will surpass Garp in this ... not sure about Dragon ... depend how much he effect on result of the war
cause as of now ... Pirates are the major fire power in final war not RA

nonetheless

AS OF NOW ... Garp is greatest hero
Post automatically merged:

I have no problem people wanking off Prime Garp, but current Garp is Below admiral.
He has no feats in the current Timeline that says if he tried to attack Akainu at Marineford that he wouldn't end up like Ace.
thread is not even about power level mate ...

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
while Dragon and Luffy both are up there as well
they lack 2 things as of now compare to his dad

- they never made an impossible call ... while Garp did many
- (for now) they lack on achievement part ... Luffy will surpass Garp in this ... not sure about Dragon ... depend how much he effect on result of the war
cause as of now ... Pirates are the major fire power in final war not RA

nonetheless

AS OF NOW ... Garp is greatest hero
Luffy will have tons of achievements under his belt but he doesn't really fight for others without self interest. Luffy wants to be PK, just for the sake of adventure thrill etc, he doesn't really care about politics world etc. If you hurt his friends he will destroy your country and beat Crocodile but he didn't do it for the people of alabasta because he couldn't stand their suffering, he mostly did it for Vivi and because he wanted to beat Croco.

I do think Luffy is quite the compassionate guy and not cold at all at the sufferings but he is less selfless than Garp or Dragon.

I put Dragon above anyone because he acts for what he thinks is good without compromising with the WG. Dragon could have been an admiral like his daddy and save a lot of people but without really changing anything in the system. Dragon didn't chose this road and attacked the system directly. He chose to be an outlaw and to be hunted all across the world.

He helped countries in the 4th seas and freed them from the WG tyranny. He built an army to protect the weaks and aimed at the head of all this mess.

I think that without Dragon army the world wouldn't have changed in the end. Luffy will maybe/likely beat the big bad in the end but Dragon whole life and achievements will be what will bring changements.

Of course Garp is one of the most amazing character out there in OP :akaman: Being a rival to the Pirate King and father and grandfather of the most dangerous criminal in the world and the fifth Emperor :zehaha:Garp is very underrated in terms of strength and character because most people hate the fact that he couldn't save Ace back in Marineford and couldn't inspired Luffy to become a marine instead of a pirate. And Garp probably went through a lot in the past (and he's probably knows the reason why Dragon going up against the WG). But overall, he's a true Hero of Justice in One Piece.:sabogood:

Garp is truly amazing and would've been a very interesting MC of his own manga. He's undoubtedly the GOAT Marine and Oda respects him very much.

However, Garp in his core is a very contradictory character. He despises the royalty so much that he ever refused promotion because of what they do and stand for, but him still being a Marine and winning wars for them, is still the equivalent of fighting for the celestial dragons.
Garp has always served them whether he knew or not, and he still does.

A man that acquired such a standing in the world and the Marines has great power over the hearts of many people. Garp's popularity was so strong that not even the celestial dragons could dispatch of him easily.

Garp had EVERYTHING to change the world,, truly make the world better by changing the system from within. Fujitora is a Prime example.

Being a Marine and not wanting to serve the tenryuubito is contradictory, imho.

I agree with most points of the thread, but for me personally, a true hero is someone like Dragon or Fujitora.

- Fujitora as just a single individual was determined to change the world in a major way, used his rank and pulled it off.
- Dragon's been fighting in the shadows his entire life, building an organisation that actively goes against the WG, this man must've seen some bad shit to get there.

Overall, Garp is a legend, bring this man to Wano and grand him a legendary death.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I might to a post on why I personally don’t like Garp in the slightest, but I don’t see how anyone could possibly think Garp is a good role model lol. 4/4 people he’s been in charge of raising became criminals when he wanted them to become marines lol.
I’ve said multiple times that Garp is one of my top 3 favorite characters, but even I can see he’s a garbage (grand)father despite the fact that he professes to love his descendants both biological and adopted. You don’t get a nickname like The Fist if you’re a gentle caregiver for kids.

I’ve said multiple times that Garp is one of my top 3 favorite characters, but even I can see he’s a garbage (grand)father despite the fact that he professes to love his descendants both biological and adopted. You don’t get a nickname like The Fist if you’re a gentle caregiver for kids.
I do not see what a moniker that was earned by flattening enemies has to do with how deplorable a parent Garp is.

Whitebeard earned the title of World’s Strongest Man and was frequently called a monster by his enemies. Neither of those stopped him from being a kindhearted individual.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I do not see what a moniker that was earned by flattening enemies has to do with how deplorable a parent Garp is.

Whitebeard earned the title of World’s Strongest Man and was frequently called a monster by his enemies. Neither of those stopped him from being a kindhearted individual.
Fair enough, I was mostly just being facetious. Again, I think Garp is one of the strongest characters in the story both historically and currently, so I know why he’s known for his punches, and he’s also shown plenty of love and concern for Luffy and Ace so there’s no doubting he’s a better paternal figure than most people in this series.

F

Fallen Prince

Is this recruitment ad for joining marine , calm down dude its a manga . You might never know oda will kill him off like he did to orochi .

Sadly despite all this Garp was a bad parent and infact blind to most of the corruption in marine . There is no doubt about it even Dragon had contempt with his own daddy and went off to revolt .
Post automatically merged:

I might to a post on why I personally don’t like Garp in the slightest, but I don’t see how anyone could possibly think Garp is a good role model lol. 4/4 people he’s been in charge of raising became criminals when he wanted them to become marines lol.
If he was Luffy and Ace would have been in marine , he let them off with criminal bandit group haha .