Character Discussion Why is Ben Beckman so hyped?

Because, from the informations we have, it's likely that he is not far behind Shanks himself, in terms of power. It was also said that his presence is comparable to that of his captain.

In general, the VC figure has often been given a particular portrayal by Oda in the story. These guys are powerhouses in their own right, compared to the captain. See Roger/Rayleigh, Shanks/Beckman, Luffy/Zoro. I definitely disagree with the notion that captain and vice captain are equals in strenght but this is not a Big Mom/Katakuri dynamic, where the second strongest in the crew is below the captain by an immense margin.

Do I think Benny is as strong as emperors and admirals? No. Do I think he could give them a tough fight? Yes.

Stop comparing the likes of Katakuri (but even Marco, who is stronger than Kata) to this man. He is built different.

Akainu attacked Ace and Luffy.

When Beckman said stop, Kizaru stopped.

Big difference.
No there isn’t you’re a wanker. Kizaru had a gun drawn on him from behind and so he was cautious while pretending to be scared.

All of what you say is null and void because Kizaru still attacks later even with Benn Wankman there.

But the fact that you think Kizaru of all people was actually afraid speaks volumes