Worstgen Official Chess Thread

When I played chess in high school I was absolutely obsessed with Mikhal Tal. Chess is not a game, it's a mixture of a science and art. I don't like blitz chess though, I always like longer games to find the optimal, more "beautiful" moves. Chess was a big love in my life at one point

I see you don't have much to bring.:kayneshrug:
Post automatically merged:

When I played chess in high school I was absolutely obsessed with Mikhal Tal. Chess is not a game, it's a mixture of a science and art. I don't like blitz chess though, I always like longer games to find the optimal, more "beautiful" moves. Chess was a big love in my life at one point
You're just slow, I prefer fast games to save time. The most I'm willing to play is 10 minutes, 15 minutes and beyond is sinful.

What's your elo?
I lost about 4 times out of 10 to a local 2045 elo level player where I live when I was at my most active, we used to play 15min games, but that was a while ago. I did read a lot of chess books when I was at my most active wanted to engross myself in theory and old games, but this was a long time ago now, I started doing other things and chess fell to the side

I lost about 4 times out of 10 to a local 2045 elo level player where I live when I was at my most active, we used to play 15min games, but that was a while ago. I did read a lot of chess books when I was at my most active wanted to engross myself in theory and old games, but this was a long time ago now, I started doing other things and chess fell to the side
Well play against me then, since you're used to 15 min games and I mainly play blitz nowadays let's reach a compromise and play a 10 min game right now, you don't need to log in anywhere, just say yes and I'll send you a link where we can play by you just clicking on it.

Well play against me then, since you're used to 15 min games and I mainly play blitz nowadays let's reach a compromise and play a 10 min game right now, you don't need to log in anywhere, just say yes and I'll send you a link where we can play by you just clicking on it.
It's many years now since I was at that peak level and back then I played a whole lot. I haven't played since other than perhaps watching some occassional games online (engine games and tournaments I found interesting) so have not played a game since many years ago. Allow me to train a little and get back into the swing of things and I'll throw you a challenge.

It's many years now since I was at that peak level and back then I played a whole lot. I haven't played since other than perhaps watching some occassional games online (engine games and tournaments I found interesting) so have not played a game since many years ago. Allow me to train a little and get back into the swing of things and I'll throw you a challenge.
Well if you were beating a 2045 elo player 6 out of 10 times at your peak you were far above my current level, even if you're rusty from many years of not playing I think it's going to be a difficult match, I'm 1900 in lichess so my elo irl would be around 1700.

Well if you were beating a 2045 elo player 6 out of 10 times at your peak you were far above my current level, even if you're rusty from many years of not I think it's going to be a difficult match, I'm 1900 in lichess so my elo irl would be around 1700.
Sorry I mean 6 out of 10 I lost lol, and maybe that is me being generous. I began getting better at a later stage but then I laid off. He was 2045 from playing tourmanets irl he didn't play online, so I'm not sure what that would make him online, if its harder to acquire overall rating.

Again I was mostly reading chess books and got some I havent even begun reading. Now im rusty as fuck lol

Sorry I mean 6 out of 10 I lost lol, and maybe that is me being generous. I began getting better at a later stage but then I laid off. He was 2045 from playing tourmanets irl he didn't play online, so I'm not sure what that would make him online, if its harder to acquire overall rating.

Again I was mostly reading chess books and got some I havent even begun reading. Now im rusty as fuck lol
I know a guy who is 2125 online but his FIDE rating is 1983, something like that. Him and others I know said you're significantly weaker irl compared to online, about 200 points weaker which is accurate.