Theory Xebec didn't have a bounty

In 957, Brannew said that no pirate has bounties surpassing those of WB and Roger. But I find this very strange. Because Xebec should have surely had a bounty on the level of WB and Roger's.

As Sengoku stated, Xebec was Roger's greatest rival. This inherently hypes him above WB. So does the fact that Xebec was literally WB's captain.

I think that its possible that Xebec didn't have a bounty. That basically, he was such a threat to the WG, that there wasn't even a point in granting him a bounty. Instead perhaps there was a different reward granted to one who could kill or capture Xebec.

We know that the Gorosei can offer someone celestial dragon status. What if this was the reward for killing Xebec. This would be the ultimate reward the WG could grant an individual, hence I think it makes sense for it to be the reward they'd grant for someone like Xebec.

Xebec didn't simply want to find One Piece or just chill with his family like Roger or WB, he wanted to be King of the World. Dude was basically trying to steal Imu's throne, not that he ever knew of Imu's existence. Hence I could see Imu granting such a high reward to anyone who would dare to challenge him.

Also just looking at everyone on God Valley.

On one side you had the rocks pirates, and on the other you had the Roger Pirates, Garp, the holy knights, and Saturn.

While we don't know to what extent Saturn and the Holy knights participated in the god valley fight, if Rocks was attacking the CDs, we can presume he fought them. This should show the extent of the forces it took to stop Xebec.

B

Borasey79

If Xebec is revealed a bigger threat than Roger just because he didn't have a bounty to quantify this threat, it would be worse than the Espada reveal in Bleach: "Who said that ranks go from 1 to 9? I'm the strongest and I'm obviously 0."

The fact that Roger was given 500M Higher Bounty than WB even though They were considered Equals
And even though WB had Greater Manpower, Territory & Lived longer
Indicates that Roger have Highest Bounty Ever
No One is considered more Dangerous than him

Also before Roger, Pirates weren't High in numbers as They are now. There was No "One Piece" to go after
They mostly Lived like Krieg or Arlong or Foxy or Bellamy ... etc

And those who become Super Famous, would automatically head to Pirate Island to make Alliances
So that Marines can't Catch them

Don't expect to see High Bounties Pre-Golden Age
Probably Best of them had like 2.5B Max

If Xebec is revealed a bigger threat than Roger just because he didn't have a bounty to quantify this threat, it would be worse than the Espada reveal in Bleach: "Who said that ranks go from 1 to 9? I'm the strongest and I'm obviously 0."
Xebec is already portrayed as a bigger threat than Roger

Both of Roger’s rivals, Shiki and WB, served under Xebec.

Not only did he need help from Garp to stop Rocks, he possibly got help from Saturn and the holy knights as well.

The only thing that goes against Rocks is the bounty.

I think Xebec had a bounty he just does not have full reveal yet and Oda is carefully hiding his appearance .

Won’t surprise me if he had 5 billion bounty tag on him .Oda will reveal with time.

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
Xebec most definitely had a bounty, but the number may not be what we think. I say let's temper our expectations and hope we get some clarification down the line.

Bounty inflation is also something else to think about. It's a hidden mechanic that Oda put out there in the background and most likely won't elaborate upon. We should always be mindful of the era and timeline when looking at the flashbacks; the world and piracy as a whole were just not the same.

I'll share the translated version of an excerpt from Vol.4 Road to Laughtale that the editors put out roughly 2 years ago. This is before we got news of some updated rankings. You can find Xebec there among other noteworthy characters at the bottom left of the page, meaning there is some plans to eventually reveal it.

:moonwalk: