Manga Discussion Yomi no Tsugai / Daemons of the Shadow Realm (Hiromu Arakawa)

So, since Fullmetal Alchemist is still one of my top favourite mangas, and I quite enjoyed Silver Spoon as well, I decided to check out if there's something new by legendary Hiromu Arakawa.... and I was delighted to know that yes, there is!

Yomi no Tsugai, a story about two twins from a prophecy, in a world, where daemons come in pairs and can bond with the humans who can see them. Unfortunately, it's a monthly release and there are only 15 chapters, but Arakawa delivers, as usual. If you like her style and are interested in a world full of quirky demons, I can wholeheartedly recommend. The vibe is closer to FMA so far, and I am genuinely interested in what comes next. Art with the protagonists:

Is there anyone who follows the series?
Post automatically merged:

@Sebastian Michaelis

Maybe you'll join me on this lonely road :)
19 chapters so far (at least they're long)
https://mangasee123.com/manga/Yomi-no-Tsugai

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Posting so I don't forget it lol. Will be back after I read a bit at least.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Finished volume 1. It definitely piqued my interest. I like the mysteries. Will post updates from time to time most likely.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Finished volume 3. It's quite good. The process of acquiring the powers is a cool concept ngl. Did one of the twins from 400 years ago decide not to revive? Also interesting that Yuru is the master of Left and Right when they ought to be a 3rd party that keeps Break and Seal in check.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Caught up fully. Pretty good story. Now I want more :josad:

i'm reading it too. peak fiction, arakawa is the queen of shounen

just finished reading chap 27.
another great chapter.

yosano is a beast, my fav character. fought the whole crowd, fought sayuu and cut off their arm and leg, deflected dera's bullet (wich oneshotes daemons), wounded yuru, almost killed yozakura, killed fujin, raijin and shingo. damn.

also, his deamons pair so fierce and funny too. "if i stab your left leg too, your balance will be restored, and you should be able to move again in no time" ยฉ lol.

his abilities remind me of trafalgar law. he can exchange spots of space with anything inside that spots (like mes and shambles) and also can exchange life energy between himself and his opponent, and use if to buff himself (kinda like mind exchange of law), but it has a kickback, which is good. not to mention, that his swords pair can cut even sayuu's bodies.

guess the question "how to kill sayuu" will pop up again in a future.

mineyama is a nice new character. feeling maniac vibes from her. her first daemons is dot-beetle. wonder what his opposite on tsugai pair will be.

they are working for someone else. someone, who hired shingo as well. arakawa did really good job with so many fractions in this story, and all of them lying. first i thought that asuma will be a traitor with his own goals, but now it looks like he was a good guy all the time. but there's actually a traitor. and i think it's the one, who arakawa jokingly introdused to us as evil person, then immidiatley turned him into a nice guy (but continues to crack jokes about his "dark aura"). i bet on mangaka of kagemori's, the eldest son of gonzo. i bet on hagure.

next chapter will give us some drama scenes with yuru and fake-asa, can't wait

i hate this auto-merge of posts. can i turn it off somehow?

Last edited: