Yu-Gi-Oh General Thread

I’ll mostly be posting articles Ygorganization

https://ygorganization.com/new-figures-from-japan-merch/

their making figures of iconic cards. We’ll be getting one for Divine Arsenal Zeus that looks badass

https://ygorganization.com/itsoogreweresobrionac/

An upcoming Brionac Dragon of the Ice Barrier retrain

with poor Gungnir crying in a corner as the only Ice Barrier dragon without a retrain or upgrade.

And the names and design of the 3 new upcoming deck themes for the next Deck Builder set

Memento

Centurion

Varmonica

Memento looks dope and Varmonica has a pleasing aesthetic

Last edited:
My grandpa's deck has no pathetic cards kaiba !
The funny thing is someone calculated the odds of drawing exodia the way Yugi did and it was something like 1/2,000,000,000 chance
I’ll mostly be posting articles Ygorganization

https://ygorganization.com/new-figures-from-japan-merch/

their making figures of iconic cards. We’ll be getting one for Divine Arsenal Zeus that looks badass

An upcoming Brionac Dragon of the Ice Barrier retrain

with poor Gungnir crying in a corner as the only Ice Barrier dragon without a retrain or upgrade.

And the names and design of the 3 new upcoming deck themes for the next Deck Builder set

Memento

Centurion

Varmonica

Memento looks dopes and Varmonica has a pleasing aesthetic
Artworks look great and that Zeus model looks dope af! Better than most Gundams I've seen!!

Varmonica just look like Traptrix with wings to me though. While Memento looks cool, it's typical that the ridiculous decks have good quality artwork but not necessarily good looking artwork so based off of the zero info I have I'm going to guess Centurion will end up being the best of the three

The funny thing is someone calculated the odds of drawing exodia the way Yugi did and it was something like 1/2,000,000,000 chance

Artworks look great and that Zeus model looks dope af! Better than most Gundams I've seen!!

Varmonica just look like Traptrix with wings to me though. While Memento looks cool, it's typical that the ridiculous decks have good quality artwork but not necessarily good looking artwork so based off of the zero info I have I'm going to guess Centurion will end up being the best of the three
Only things I can say about the themes for now:

Memento could be anything. Very likely Main Deck Monster focused since it sounds like a graveyard theme which means it will be the next mill deck to abuse Ishizu cards with after what a success they were with Tears and Naturia.

Centurion gives me Xyz vibes: With the main deck monsters being the riders/pilots and the Xyz being the vehicles.

Valmonica could be either Synchro or Pendulum themed.

Seems like somebody doesn't believe in the heart of the cards

Only things I can say about the themes for now:

Memento could be anything. Very likely Main Deck Monster focused since it sounds like a graveyard theme which means it will be the next mill deck to abuse Ishizu cards with after what a success they were with Tears and Naturia.

Centurion gives me Xyz vibes: With the main deck monsters being the riders/pilots and the Xyz being the vehicles.

Valmonica could be either Synchro or Pendulum themed.
Centurion to me looks like it's gonna be either fusions with some machine and some warrior monsters, or some kind of equip focused deck - just my two cents

Impossible to say though

Wow its been so many years since i watched yugioh.

I didnt really like it in the begining but Battle City and every season after that was awesome especially the last season.

Not really. The only card game i've ever played was pokemon.
i've only watched the anime till Yami leaves.
I saw some clips from the next seasons but i didnt find it interesting.
5Ds is actually pretty good as a standalone show even now |- the others are trash as far as I'm concerned although I have a lot of nostalgia for Duel Monsters and GX as a kid

If you're ever interested in watching another I'd go for 5Ds

5Ds is actually pretty good as a standalone show even now |- the others are trash as far as I'm concerned although I have a lot of nostalgia for Duel Monsters and GX as a kid

If you're ever interested in watching another I'd go for 5Ds
Is it even a lil bit "dark" as the last 2-3 arcs with Yami Bakura etc etc or its just duels ?

Is it even a lil bit "dark" as the last 2-3 arcs with Yami Bakura etc etc or its just duels ?
It's plenty dark - just as dark as DM but probably better character writing
Like, in DM we had:
Pegasus: Oh no my girlfriend died, i must go exploring egypt... im back from egypt and have a stupid eye so now i have to 180 and become a dickhead
Bakura: possessed by an evil bandit spirit who hates puzzle man for no reason
Rafael: my sister died so now i'm going to blindly follow Atlantis Hitler
Dartz: I am Atlantis Hitler and want to resurrect the creature that destroyed my own civilisation because reasons

In 5Ds there's a lot more relationships with characters like Yusei, Jack, Kallen, Crow that are genuinely really fleshed out and fully explain the wrongdoings and goals people have in the show - there's also a lot of civil rights stuff involved in the story; genuinely interesting

But then the other shows should be avoided they're literally just:
GX - A school for a card game, gets invaded by and helped by Aliens because reasons
Zexal - Weird unexplained spirit must win cards through duels or he dies
Arc-V - Some circus dude finds out there's other dimensions - alternate version of himself wants to destroy the multiverse because reasons
VRAINS - VR meets skateboarding emo who gets hacked by an AI who specifically really hates one dude because reasons
Sevens - Dude invents a new dumbed down version of the game because he's a moron
Go Rush - The dude didn't actually invent the new rules, they existed out in space because reasons