Future Events Zoro will become the WSS before the final arc

The obvious sequence of events is Laughtale -> learn about void century -> sack Mariejois
My problems with Zoro beating Mihawk after taking down the world nobles are:
1. Luffy and Zoro should achieve their dreams within a short period of time
2. Zoro's duel with Mihawk has been one of the most anticipated fights since the beginning of the manga. If it takes place after the final raid all the heat would be lost. Wouldn't be as exciting because the tension from the manga as a whole is relieved.
3. Just as Luffy will get proper screentime as pirateking, Zoro should have the same treatment as WSS.

Don't be fooled by Mihawk's strength as one way or another, once Luffy obtains his PK title, he's automatically powercreeped to be > Roger. Naturally this puts Zoro above Rayleigh, which is without a doubt enough to make him the WSS.

It does make sense and after the last chapter it is an almost fact.
Luffy has a very special dream that goes beyond pk, zoro and the rest will help Luffy achieve that dream and as you have already said Luffy being the pk means zoro will be the wss. It could be sooner than Luffy but definitely not after Luffy declared the pk.

Goodbye Mary Geoise this Arc
Final War is after that

Zoro will next fight an Admiral Level Character (Preceded by a Short Fight like Braham, TBone or Killer Fights and also a Clash against Imu) then he will fight Mihawk

After that he will clash with Three More Characters (Not a 1v1 though)

Honestly idk
Either before or after could make sense but I think story does point towards Mihawk being Zoros final opponent simply because that's who he aims to surpass and Zoros entire journey leads to him strong enough to beat Mihawk.
True but potentially I think he will have a bigger status than mere WSS. Gorosei/Brannew were more concerned about Luffy tagteaming with Rayleigh for the post MF stunt than Mihawk as WSS being part of a yonko crew with Shanks' rival and Crocodile as a marine hunting organization. Then you have Ryuuma with sword god clout. Naturally Zoro will surpass all the sword-related legends.

True but potentially I think he will have a bigger status than mere WSS. Gorosei/Brannew were more concerned about Luffy tagteaming with Rayleigh for the post MF stunt than Mihawk as WSS being part of a yonko crew with Shanks' rival and Crocodile as a marine hunting organization. Then you have Ryuuma with sword god clout. Naturally Zoro will surpass all the sword-related legends.
Mihawk seem pretty damn big tho.
He can reject a yonko title
Make any one a yonko

Mihawk seems bigger than an emperor
But Rayleigh seems bigger than Mihawk
Ryuma bigger than even that

So you are right.
I guess his final opponent would he one of the gorosei then. But he might play a factor against fight with Imu

Zoro will be above Prime Whitebeard and Roger EoS imo @SakazOuki
Could definitely be the case.
Not sure about the BBPs, but how I think things will eventually go down is Zoro beating Mihawk, they reach laughtale then head to navy HQ where we get Luffy vs Akainu, Zoro vs Kizaru, Sanji vs Gb. They heal for a while then join the revos against Marejois. Zoro is not a D. so he's probably not fighting Imu.
Imu ganked by a couple members of the D. clan mainly the Monkey trio.
Zoro has to fight Ghandi, there's no other suitable candidate. It would be very sick if Ghandi is an 800 year old swordsman who was evenly matched with Ryuuma, basically shits on the likes of Mihawk & Rayleigh. Naturally he won't have the WSS title as he's isolated from the real world. I can't think of any other way to say Zoro surpassed Ryuuma besides this.

Could definitely be the case.
What I think will eventually go down is Zoro beating Mihawk, they reach laughtale then head to navy HQ where we get Luffy vs Akainu, Zoro vs Kizaru, Sanji vs Gb. They heal for a while then join the revos against Marejois. Zoro is not a D. so he's probably not fighting Imu.
Imu ganked by a couple members of the D. clan mainly the Monkey trio.
Zoro has to fight Ghandi, there's no other suitable candidate. It would be very sick if Ghandi is a 800 year old swordsman who was evenly matched with Ryuuma, basically shits on the likes of Mihawk & Rayleigh. Naturally he won't have the WSS title as he's isolated from the real world. I can't think of any other way to say Zoro surpassed Ryuuma besides this.
Being a D won't prevent Zoro from fighting Imu. I think Romance down trio Luffy Zoro Nami the three triggers of One Piece will play a factor against Imu

Zoro vs Mihawk will happen after Luffy becomes Pirate King. There is no reason for Zoro to be in a rush to randomly fight Mihawk, when he can fight him any time. Also after Luffy becomes PK he will have to fight the WG. I can see Zoro vs Mihawk as one of the final things to happen once Luffy achieves his goals and defeats WG.

Then we have a single panel for Sanji finding all blue randomly or something.