Powers & Abilities Zoro's been getting too many Whitebeard parallels this arc : Kinda odd

Zoro's True Parallel

• Total voters
First we got the Sleep Diff CoO feat.
The rarest form of Observation Haki shown in One Piece used by Whitebeard only before the GOAT used it. Obviously Zoro's feat was much more impressive as the Rankyaku is inanimate object with no presence.

But its about parallels not the dick measuring contest.

My second one is a little bit of a reach but the way it is set up, in this particular Arc it makes sense.
Both Zoro and Whitebeard had a big IMPACTFUL clash with two significantly weaker opponent.

And they matched said weaker opponents using nothing but casual attacks.
Zoro used
-No Ashura
-No King of Hell
-No Normal AdvCoC
-No Named Attacks
-No 3 Sword Style
-No AdvCoA
-No Barrier CoA

To match YC1+ Teen and Not Baby (Who nearly killed Blackbeard) S-Hawk

Whitebeard used
-No Gura Gura
-No AdvCoC
-No AdvCoA
-No Named Attacks
-No No Touch Haki
To Match Oden who should also be YC1+ at this point

Again it is a loose parallel but Oda isn't gonna just repeat story here right?

And now this chapter we got that Disgusted Whitebeard Face from Zoro,

Not sure why Oda choose to make them look like ugly ass goobers tho but what ever..he's a well known try hard

Anyways back to being serious as this is not a troll thread, Zoro and Whitebeard always had loose or even clear cut parallels for example

For starters both use Head Band/Bandana covering their heads in someway. I always thought Whitebeard's thing was bandana as well

Beyond that we got the fact that both are Endurance and Sacrificial Monsters. With Unbreakable will
God damn both of these are One Piece "Peak Fiction" Moments, Only times One Piece was actually "Peak Fiction", not the forced post time skip Garbage

I mean this one is insane, literally spitting images of each other.
Neither Zoro nor Whitebeard will accept a Scar on their Back.
Its a shame for them to take a hit while running away

There are personality related similarities as well like wanting to drink all the time, lifting a lot of weights (I mean Whitebeard gotta be lifting by his fucking build) etc

Both fought future pirate king at some point in their careers. I mean when Whitebeard fought Roger, Roger was not pirate king yet. Obviously Zoro didn't have a CoC clash with Luffy..that's why I am calling this one lose parallel but it does amount to something in the midst of everything else

Obviously both love to drink as well, I mean quite a bit lmao

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
I mean to me Zoro is meant to Whitebeard of this generation and that is why so much focus on presenting them as similar figures.
I do see Shanks and Mihawk as Roger and Whitebeard of middle generation

And Shanks and Mihawk don't parallel Roger and Whitebeard the way Luffy and Zoro did but they fill that role.
There is gonna be a big post on me regarding that particular topic but to sum it up
-Both have legendary rivalry
-Shanks has a straw hat like Roger
-Mihawk has "Strongest in the world" title like Whitebeard
-Shanks is a Yonko like Roger is a pirate king
-Mihawk is capable of becoming a Yonko but rejects it like Whitebeard rejects pirate king title
-Both Shanks and Mihawk should be peak of their generation and are to me be surpassed by Luffy and Zoro

It makes sense because it goes down to what Mihawk said about Luffy, the most scary thing about Luffy is to make allies

In that regard he is greater than even Roger
And what better way to prove it then to have the absolute top dog of the generation who can rival you in strength working under you

Shanks doesn't have Mihawk under him
Roger didn't have Whitebeard under him

Luffy will have Zoro under him
That's why Luffy will be able to change the World, do what Roger and Shanks couldn't.

I mean Zoro shares a lot of similarities with other characters too and they are his parallels in a way as well, just like Luffy also shares a lot of similarities as well

Like Oda said Zoro and Kaido would share same devil fruit. If Zoro ate one, it would be the devil fruit that Kaido has. Obviously both Kaido and Zoro are major drunks too. Their philosophy towards the world is what stands out the most.
Both Zoro and Kaido seek strength and nothing but strength, they want to become as strong as possible, they want to seek new challenges.
Both Zoro and Kaido are endurance freaks too.

Rayleigh and Zoro have obvious similarities too. Zoro is right hand man of future pirate king while Rayleigh is Right hand man of former pirate king. Both CoC and CoA monsters. Both are swordsmen with Scar Across the chest, and scar on the eye as well, King of Hell and the Dark King

Zoro seems to share some similarities with Oden as well..although Oden is a little guy, the B Leagues Kinda dude. Zoro was Oden's Wano Benchmark, and not someone who matters to Zoro in a long run, but if you are interested here is an interesting chart of similarities. Oden is a Stepping stone for both Luffy and Zoro interestingly. But Wano is when they both surpassed him.

Now back to big leagues, the most obvious parallel of Zoro is Sword God Ryuma, I mean like motherfuckers look exactly the same, have similar personalities, both are one eyed Samurai who because strongest swordsman in the world, Zoro got Ryuma's sword passed on to him by Ryuma's Zombie, Ryuma made a black blade in his life and Zoro will make a black blade in his life, both are Dragon Slayers

BUT EVEN WITH ALL THIS Whitebeard one sticks out the most.
Like Luffy is Roger of this generation
The best fighter of this generation is Zoro and he is Whitebeard of this generation.

What do you guys think?
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Elder Lee Hung
@SakazOuki
@Sasaki Kojirō
@MonsterKaido
@Shiroyru
@Gol D. Roger
@Red Admiral
@SkySanji
@Agni Kaios
@Fleet Leader Fenaker
@Franosuke
@comrade
@MarineHQ
@Blackbeard
@Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier
@Monkey D Theories

You should know by now Shishio that any parallels you think Zoro has, in reality they're just Luffy's parallels.
Luffy has no parallels lmao
Just a random bum who hangs around Zoro for clout.
He would be dead on the roof top by now
Post automatically merged:

You should know by now Shishio that any parallels you think Zoro has, in reality they're just Luffy's parallels.
I think closest thing to a "Parallel" Luffy got is Big Mom and that's only because Zoro is Kaido.

He can't even use CoC anymore I guess he ran outta joy boy's Haki

Luffy has no parallels lmao
Just a random bum who hangs around Zoro for clout.
He would be dead on the roof top by now

I think closest thing to a "Parallel" Luffy got is Big Mom and that's only because Zoro is Kaido.

He can't even use CoC anymore I guess he ran outta joy boy's Haki
Seems you forgot that Luffy saved Zoro from geting shot to death by fodder marines.

Seems you forgot that Luffy saved Zoro from geting shot to death by fodder marines.
Seems like You forgot Luffy blackmailed Zoro to join him and that's the only way he gives Zoro his swords back.
That's not some act of generosity by Luffy, that's an ultimatum.

He took away Zoro's free life as a swordsman and made him a pirate in exchange for "Saving him"
At worst it was an equal deal.

Luffy still hasn't paid Zoro back to saving him
-From Buggy
-100s of other times
-Thriller Bark
-Hakai

Luffy owes Zoro his soul, Zoro doesn't owe Luffy shit yet he follows him because of his noble moral code.

Seems like You forgot Luffy blackmailed Zoro to join him and that's the only way he gives Zoro his swords back.

He took away Zoro's free life as a swordsman and made him a pirate in exchange for "Saving him"

-From Buggy
-100s of other times
-Thriller Bark
-Hakai

Luffy owes Zoro his soul, Zoro doesn't owe Luffy shit yet he follows him because of his noble moral code.
This is just Zoro paying him back for saving his ass.
Without Luffy Zoro would get perforated by those Marines.

This is just Zoro paying him back for saving his ass.
Without Luffy Zoro would get perforated by those Marines.
Are you incapable of reading or a little kid

Luffy saved Zoro (Literally just gave him swords) IN EXCHANGE of Zoro joining him, he didn't do him a favor, he made a deal.

Its like me saying "I'll do your Python assignment, if you pay me $100" that doesn't mean you are doing charity by paying me, you are getting a deal.

Luffy got a crew mate so he strong, he had no right to get otherwise and Zoro was in no mood of joining anyone. He joined Luffy in exchange of Luffy giving him swords.

If Luffy said "Okay I will save you but then you are free to go, join me or not up to you" That's an act of nobility.

Zoro was the noble one, he only got arrested voluntarily for that little girl.

Luffy's act was an act of selfishness.

Idk how you grown ass adults fail to realize, how shallow, pathetic and mediocre Luffy's character is compared to Zoro.

Luffy got Roger, Whitebeard, Oden, Xebec, Shanks and Ryuma parallels mate. Zoro best hope is Rayleigh.
What Whitebeard, Oden, Xebec and Ryuma parallels Luffy got?

Luffy got Roger, Whitebeard, Oden, Xebec, Shanks and Ryuma parallels mate. Zoro best hope is Rayleigh.
Zoro got a 100 Whitebeard parallels
Literally was seen as next Ryuma but Ryuma's followers
Got like 20 Oden parallels
Shanks is literally former rival of guy Zoro is trying to surpass
Xebec is a swordsman like Zoro

What exactly has Luffy done like any of these people? Please enlighten me

-From Buggy
-100s of other times
-Thriller Bark
-Hakai

Luffy would of drawned and be dead without Zoro

Whats his parallel with WB? Zoro has Parallels with all those guys too

This is a good thread Shishio
This thread also shows how insecure Luffy fans are.
God damn man, they are worse than Sanji fans.

Its pathetic, how can you stan the main character and still have this much insecurity.

And for all of you voting for Rayleigh
Rayleigh's personality is nothing like Zoro.

The only person who resembles Rayleigh in One Piece is Shanks
Not that Rayleigh parallel is bad

Yes.

I was going to make a similar thread, on their parallels but @ShishioIsBack beat me to it.

Also need to add, a few points.
  • Both managed to obtain followers from their strength alone (Johnny & Yosaku)
  • Whitebeard also before dying lost his left like current Zoro
  • Mihawk is also said to be the Mid-Gen Whitebeard while Shanks is the Roger, Zoro strives to surpass Mihawk