Announcement News concerning the media section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
Hello everyone,

Here is your admin once again. The reason of this thread is to give a last warning once again about the media section. Indeed, in the following thread, i talked about the fact that it'd be removed ultimately due to reasons listed here: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/to-celebrate-the-start-of-the-new-year.9836/
However, i'm taking advantage of this moment to announce something else. It's about the media section. I originally opened it to the request of some members in order to see it expanding successfully. Unfortunately however, it completely failed to meet expectations. Not only it's not that well reviewed, but there are so many people who don't know how to use it, keeping posting off-topic items, which could be an issue in the long run. For this reason then, i'd like to announce that the media section will be disable in a month in order to leave the time to the ones who have hosted their creations here to save them somewhere else if they didn't already.
And thus used that moment to give some opportunities(until the end of this month) to the people who hosted there to save them somewhere else to avoid a premature loss. However, i noticed that people still continued to host things there, maybe either due to lack of knowledge or just temporarily. Whatever the reason, this thread is supposed to be a last warning about the removal of the media section. Starting tomorrow, it'd not be here anymore. It's also an indirect way for me to improve the forum further with time.

With that said then, hoping you spent an enjoyable first month of 2021, and continue to wish you the best for the rest of the year, to enjoy your time on worstgen even more. :optimistic:

-- The Worstgen Staff

Hello everyone,

Here is your admin once again. The reason of this thread is to give a last warning once again about the media section. Indeed, in the following thread, i talked about the fact that it'd be removed ultimately due to reasons listed here: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/to-celebrate-the-start-of-the-new-year.9836/

And thus used that moment to give some opportunities(until the end of this month) to the people who hosted there to save them somewhere else to avoid a premature loss. However, i noticed that people still continued to host things there, maybe either due to lack of knowledge or just temporarily. Whatever the reason, this thread is supposed to be a last warning about the removal of the media section. Starting tomorrow, it'd not be here anymore. It's also an indirect way for me to improve the forum further with time.

With that said then, hoping you spent an enjoyable first month of 2021, and continue to wish you the best for the rest of the year, to enjoy your time on worstgen even more. :optimistic:

-- The Worstgen Staff
just curious, if you have already posted media items (albeit privately), will it still remain on my account or will it be removed completely? I just found that we even had a media section on WorstGen in late December 2020 and I wanted to start using it in 2021. Ngl kinda sad to see it didn't pan out here :(

Originally was suggested to be opened for GFXers(Photoshop editors) but as I stated to that person, graphic designing ain't that big and that section won't be as active considering the actual forum section isn't even that active either. Also that person deleted his account too so there went whatever chance it had left. :pepecafe:

Status
Not open for further replies.