News ONE PIECE MAGAZINE VOL.11

here
also the picture book, really nice art @PeperLevi
Creator's Note section
Monster Encyclopedia

thanks again as always :D
Post automatically merged:

also that Luffy/Chopper picture book reminds me a lot of Where's Waldo lmao

Here's another extract from the novel, before the fight scene occurs. Perona is trying to get Mihawk to let her make sangria but he's not budging, and neither is she :milaugh:

Dinner that day was prepared by Mihawk. The sight of the world's greatest swordsman standing in the kitchen wearing an apron was something that only the residents of the Shikkearu Castle would see. You couldn't imagine from his usual proud look that he would be standing there carrying his cross-shaped sword on his back while inserting a bamboo skewer into a roast chicken from the oven.

Today's menu is roasted and sauteed chicken. Indeed, a menu that pairs well with red wine. The sautee contains plenty of vegetables picked from the fields. The meals in Shikkearu Castle are oddly organic. Once Mihawk got to the dining table, he ostentatiously poured the wine into glasses.

At the bottom of the clear glasses, the red liquid sparkles beautifully. Just by looking at it, the dreamlike flavour comes to life on your tongue.

Seeing Perona's resentful expression, Mihawk looked at her, exasperated.

"It's just wine. Don't make such a pitiful expression."

"Wha-I'm not!"

"You are."

Mihawk lifted the glass to his lips.

"Mm." He stared at her with those hawk-like eyes.

"This is... good wine."

"It is, isn't it!"

Perona brought her face closer to Mihawk's.

"Don't you wanna make this great wine even more tasty? You do, don't you! I propose we make this wine into sangria!"

"No."

"Wha-!"

Startled by the sudden rejection, Perona was briefly at a loss for words."

"There's no need to mix in other things with this high quality wine."

"But adding fruits will make it sweeter and cuter!"

"I'm not interested."

Why!?

Perona sidled up to Mihawk, but was driven back when he replied

"Don't come so close. It's annoying."

She did not give up on hounding him.

"What about trying just one glass of Sangria? Once you try and see how delicious it is, you might change your mind!"

"I'm not changing my mind." came the immediate reply.

Perona ignored him, rolling up her sleeves and grabbing a kitchen knife.

Sangria is made from mixing wine with fruits and sugar. Ideally you'd want to leave it overnight, but even putting the fruits in just before drinking should produce some flavour. Lemon, apple, orange, peach, peel off the skin and chop into bite sized pieces. She'd planned to cut them properly but the end result was messed up. Unlike Zoro who'd cut melons sharply and firmly, Perona could not make such neat cuts.

"Seems like I messed up somehow.."

She tried cutting them various ways but none of them went well. No matter how she cut, they were never the way she wanted them.

"Uwaah! I can't cut them properly!"

What to do? At this rate, Mihawk will take all the remaining wine for himself.

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Here's another extract from the novel, before the fight scene occurs. Perona is trying to get Mihawk to let her make sangria but he's not budging, and neither is she :milaugh:

Dinner that day was prepared by Mihawk. The sight of the world's greatest swordsman standing in the kitchen wearing an apron was something that only the residents of the Shikkearu Castle would see. You couldn't imagine that he would be standing there, aloof, carrying his cross-shaped sword on his back while inserting a bamboo skewer into a roast chicken from the oven.

Today's menu is roasted and sauteed chicken. Indeed, a menu that pairs well with red wine. The sautee contains plenty of vegetables picked from the fields. The meals in Shikkearu Castle are oddly organic. Once Mihawk got to the dining table, he ostentatiously poured the wine into glasses.

At the bottom of the clear glasses, the red liquid sparkles beautifully. Just by looking at it, the dreamlike flavour comes to life on your tongue.

"Wha-I'm not!"

"You are."

"This is... good wine."

"It is, isn't it!"

"Don't you wanna make this great wine even more tasty? You do, don't you! I propose we make this wine into sangria!"

"No."

"Wha-!"

"I'm not interested."

Why!?

"What about trying just one glass of Sangria? Once you try and see how delicious it is, you might change your mind!"

Sangria is made from mixing wine with fruits and sugar. Ideally you'd want to leave it overnight, but even putting the fruits in just before drinking should produce some flavour. Lemon, apple, orange, peach, peel off the skin and chop into bite sized pieces. She'd planned to cut them properly but the end result was messed up. Unlike Zoro who'd cut melons sharply and firmly, Perona could not make such neat cuts.

She tried cutting them various ways but none of them went well. No matter how she cut, they were never the way she wanted them.

This stuff is so wholesome.

Mihawk out there like a war veteran dad who adopted to lively kids:milaugh:

Dinner that day was prepared by Mihawk. The sight of the world's greatest swordsman standing in the kitchen wearing an apron was something that only the residents of the Shikkearu Castle would see. You couldn't imagine that he would be standing there, aloof, carrying his cross-shaped sword on his back while inserting a bamboo skewer into a roast chicken from the oven.

"Wha-I'm not!"

"You are."

"This is... good wine."

"It is, isn't it!"

"No."

"Wha-!"

"I'm not interested."

Why!?

Perona like getting close to people face she want a kiss so bad :perocry:

He doesn't, unfortunately. This is a little fight scene between Mihawk and Zoro where Perona tries to sneak past him and take his wine.

Mihawk let out a low laugh and stood up.
"You're not overestimating yourself and trying to take my head are you?"
"I'm not so much of a cocky idiot to think I can beat you."
"So what is your goal?"
Zoro crouched slightly.
"This is training!"

Zoro leapt forward, slashing at Mihawk. Mihawk grabbed a nearby sword and without even unsheathing it, lightly stopped the incoming blade with the sword guard. As the sparks from their clash disappeared, Zoro pulled out his other katana. As he blocked the barrage of slashes with the sword guard, Mihawk finally unsheathed the sword.
"Don't break the furniture."
"I can't guarantee that!"
Zoro let out a short shout and dashed forward. While Zoro looked as though he was really giving it his all, Mihawk kept his composure, and even seemed to be enjoying himself. A fierce swordfight broke out, looking as though it was going to mess up the room.

"Horo horo horo"

With a backwards glance at the two fighters, Perona chuckled to herself.

"That guy Hawk Eyes is nicely occupied..."

Getting all fours and erasing her presence, Perona headed towards the wine. Just a little further to the table where the wine rested...

Five meters, four meters, three meters, two...

Suddenly, a dagger came flying.

"Gyaah!"

Perona screamed and jumped. The dagger pierced through the hem of her dress, sticking into the floor around where her knee was.

Looking at the swordsmen, Mihawk was blocking Zoro's attacks while directing a triumphant look her way.

"You- you noticed me!?"

"Of course I did."

The dagger was stuck quite deep and even when Perona tugged at it, it wouldn't come loose. She couldn't move but on the other hand, ruining her dress was an absolute no-no.

"Damn it, I can't get out!"

Looking back at Perona, Zoro engaged in fierce combat with Mihawk. He aimed at the stuck dagger once a gap opened up between Mihawk, who was guarding himself steadily and the knife blade, shooting an attack at it. However Mihawk abruptly turned his sword without breaking his stance, stopping both of Zoro's katanas at once. Zoro could not brace himself against Mihawk's pushback and he was blown backwards. Mihawk took a little breath, and this moment's carelessness escaped Zoro's notice, but not Perona's.

"Wha-I'm not!"

"You are."

"This is... good wine."

"It is, isn't it!"

"No."

"Wha-!"

"I'm not interested."

Why!?

Damn mihawk just make some freaking sangria please...
:tch::tch:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭

"Wha-I'm not!"

"You are."

"This is... good wine."

"It is, isn't it!"

"No."

"Wha-!"

"I'm not interested."

Why!?

Perona's such a klutz lol. Hawkeyes is truly a tsundere.

"Wha-I'm not!"

"You are."

"This is... good wine."

"It is, isn't it!"

"No."

"Wha-!"

"I'm not interested."

Why!?

Thanks for the two translations:amazing:
The novel just give credit to your Fanfiction and the way you pictured Mihawk. Your depiction of him was right :cheers:
And I think you should send it to the Shueisha:goyea:

Mihawk is really a more complex character than it seems at first sight. I hope Oda will take time to show us more about him:neesama::neesama:

"Wha-I'm not!"

"You are."

"This is... good wine."

"It is, isn't it!"

"No."

"Wha-!"

"I'm not interested."

Why!?

Thank you for this translation❤ You're SUPER amazing! 😍😍😍