Powers & Abilities Is Coby the strongest marine observation haki user after Issho?

Not really. Oda has said more than once that Koby’s CoO is on an advanced level and his feat in Chapter 903 was pretty high end. He managed to sense a torpedo heading for the Dressrossa ship from a ship so far away that it wasn’t visible. At the very least, it’s high end in terms of range. At this point, I’d be shocked if he’s weaker than Maynard.
Are you Lee from NF?
best COO in the marines
Coby is a scrub.

I don’t see why he can’t have observation Haki better than a lot of Vice Admirals. Maynard wasn’t impressive and he’s had it around as long as Luffy. Longer than Sanji and Zoro.
It doesn't make a lot of sense for him then to be of captain rank right now and have better observation haki than a Vice Admiral...
I imagine a Vice Admiral like Maynard has better CoO than Coby.
Coby anticipating the torpedo with CoO may seem impressive but that's because we don't have any other feats to compare it to... i would bet all my money that any Vice Admiral, even Maynard, would've anticipated that torpedo with CoO and just cause it's impressive to Helmeppo who is fodder doesn't make it impressive to me.

no it does make sense,t-bone was a captain and doing flying slashes something we seen only zoro and mihawk do
That argument and example is flawed in the same way the argument around Coby's CoO being above VA level is simply because he was able to perceive a torpedo.
We simply don't have enough feats from anyone else to know who can do what and at what level do you have to be in order to do certain techniques.
T-Bone as a captain was doing flying slashes if anything that means every marine swordsman on captain rank or above can do that but Oda just hasn't shown it.

It doesn't make a lot of sense for him then to be of captain rank right now and have better observation haki than a Vice Admiral...
I imagine a Vice Admiral like Maynard has better CoO than Coby.
Coby anticipating the torpedo with CoO may seem impressive but that's because we don't have any other feats to compare it to... i would bet all my money that any Vice Admiral, even Maynard, would've anticipated that torpedo with CoO and just cause it's impressive to Helmeppo who is fodder doesn't make it impressive to me.
Out of curiosity, do you think that Luffy, Zoro and Sanji have inferior CoO to every Vice Admiral including Maynard? Koby’s been training with it as long as Luffy and before Zoro and Sanji. He had a teacher as good as Luffy and Zoro too, but better than Sanji since he was under Garps tutelage. Oda also wrote that Koby’s observation Haki is on an advanced level. Have we seen a lot of VA’s display observation Haki comparable to his torpedo feat?

Post automatically merged:

Captain > Vice Admirals then?:usoprice:
Does someone without a bounty beat someone with a 30 million berri bounty? Does someone with a 30 million berri bounty beat someone with an 81 million berri bounty? Does someone with a 500 million berri bounty beat someone with a bounty over 1 billion?

I‘d be shocked if Koby comes back and he’s only at the level of Pre-Skip T-Bone. Note that he was sailing in the New World by himself and was capable of getting off and swimming by himself in those waters casually. I don’t expect him to be better with his CoO than the Admirals, but I can see it being better than a lot of Vice Admirals.

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Ascending on a military force is more than pure strenght. That's Kaido's crew. There should be protocols, tests, and whatever to rank up.
You can be the most OP character in the universe and still not get directly promoted to Admiral.
Despite Oda constantly using the marines ranks as a way to tell their power level.

@h_zorothegoat you could be onto something here. Shout out to @Lee-Sensei for finding this.

The circled part saying, "Mastered Rokushiki - His CoO is abnormally developed"

Coby's already mastered Rokushiki in two years and he seems like he have some kind of Advanced CoO as well.
Helmeppo also mentions it.

Helmeppo’s Haki is pretty basic, but Oda’s been giving Koby’s Haki a lot of hype. Plus he’s mastered Rokushiki and has over 2 years of experience fighting in the New World. Hancocks probably still stronger, but my guess is that his Haki will bloom during the battle. If I had to place him, my guess is that he’s currently at the level of one of Doflamingo’s executives (not Vergo though). Hancock is probably somewhere in the middle btween someone like Pica or Diamanté and Doflamingo.

@h_zorothegoat you could be onto something here. Shout out to @Lee-Sensei for finding this.

The circled part saying, "Mastered Rokushiki - His CoO is abnormally developed"

Coby's already mastered Rokushiki in two years and he seems like he have some kind of Advanced CoO as well.
What Site do you use to put Shapes in the pictures?
Hancocks probably still stronger, but my guess is that his Haki will bloom during the battle
Honestly for me, Hanacock is stronger than big mom and Kaido koby will capture that no need for haki-bloom he has ACOA everything!
so goated :myman::steef:

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Helmeppo’s Haki is pretty basic, but Oda’s been giving Koby’s Haki a lot of hype. Plus he’s mastered Rokushiki and has over 2 years of experience fighting in the New World. Hancocks probably still stronger, but my guess is that his Haki will bloom during the battle. If I had to place him, my guess is that he’s currently at the level of one of Doflamingo’s executives (not Vergo though). Hancock is probably somewhere in the middle btween someone like Pica or Diamanté and Doflamingo.
Nah. Hancock is a lot stronger than Coby. She's probably even stronger than Doflamingo based on her hype imo. But Coby's CoO got a lot of hype for sure.
What Site do you use to put Shapes in the pictures?
I'm not sure. Imgflip might works but if not then I don't really know lol.

Nah. Hancock is a lot stronger than Coby. She's probably even stronger than Doflamingo based on her hype imo. But Coby's CoO got a lot of hype for sure.

Current Coby is hella featless so I would wait before judging properly.

Things that go to Hancock:

- Hype and portrayal other than decent feats

I’ve seen a lot of people suggest that she’s stronger than Doffy and I‘ve never seen that.

Current Coby is hella featless so I would wait before judging properly.

Things that go to Hancock:

- Hype and portrayal other than decent feats
His CoO does have a significant range feat. What was Hancocks best CoO feat?

He only used presence and the ability to measure a person' strength.
Not the emotion stuff, you are probably confused because you used anime scenes for this.
And neither he has basic "future sight" (like Enel and his priests).

His range is insane btw, at first from Kyros' ship the Navy ship wasn't visible, so it was far away, more away than the horizon line.

It's clear that his specialization would be CoO and he has great potential.
But far from being the strongest right now (the presence stuff after all is not that great for a 1 vs 1).
Maybe with the strongest potential since he is really young (though that is Luffy's effect on current chars story, where all fresh blood are growing at a gigantic pace compared to old era dudes).