Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt call the zoro chilvarous for the one time he stepped in for robin against enel cause he attacked a woman and why should I?
point is
the goal of said heroics is stated there, 90% of the time for the women in question to fall in love with him.

and far from that
its not chivalry
its just being a pervert . again there's nothing courteous about wanting an invisible df for the sole purpose of secretly watching women take baths.
I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say he only helps or saves ladies for their affection. He saved Tashigi from Vergo then leaves dealing with Monet and protecting Tashigi to Zoro later on (when he tells G5 not to worry), despite his interest in Tashigi.

Sanji getting jealous or fawning over a girl in a gag doesn't mean that that's the only reason he helps out. He complimented Corsette's cooking and stopped Niji from hurting her initially then kicking Niji when he found out what happened to her. That wasn't because she was hot. It was a mix of his detest of his family and their attitude, going against all of the values he holds dear, hitting women and their treatment of food. He never even fawned over Corsette that arc and he was dead serious even after she was overwhelmed by his kindness. Not to mention Kureha, Chiffon, Carrot and all the other women he saves. It's not always so that they fall in love with him even if he's attracted to most of them.

I interpret it similar to his kindness, his actions speak louder than words. Whenever he helps guys he makes sure to inform them that he doesn't mind and that it isn't a big deal even if he's going out of his way. Same with female characters, when he helps, he doesn't constantly have to (but he does usually) say I'm here because of my chivalry, instead he usually fawns over them after all's said and done.

Plus, his code of not hurting women is part of his chivalry. Those are the values that were instilled in him. Just cause he's a pervert doesn't mean he isn't well-intentioned when he leaves to save a woman like Tashigi back at Punk Hazard.

That's just my opinion, I understand if you think Sanji's just some pervert that only cares about getting girls despite him having Pudding going crazy over him by the end of Whole Cake Island and he still goes on his way and focuses on what was important instead of acting on any interest he had on her (at that point).

Nami Jinbei Franky Usopp etc are fighting the f6 but this dude is enjoying his time with BM etc...

Im done legit
I mean okay hurting women is something with Sanji would never do, I understand this part and it fit to Sanji.
But why the fuck you let your caught in the middle of the war? Why you not use the fucking rs to escape and help your friends who risk their lifes right now against all commanders of Kaido. Sanji character get destroyed hard by Oda since the post ts start, no one here need a kalifa 2.0. Give Sanji pls the right threatment, give him his shine too. It start so good with he saving Momo from King, that was something with I enjoy a lot. Or when he travel together with Luffy and Jinbe together, for shorttime I really believe Sanji could be at the rooftop too. But nope!! He waste him again for a gag battle similar like Kalifa 2.0...

And then people are surprise if people shit talking forwards to Sanji(not his fault, Oda boring gag with him is the problem).
Little gag isn´t wrong, but doing something like this is just wrong, because that Marineford arc was loved much by everyone, the tension of the war was great and until the end the best one piece arc until today. If you wanna build up a dangerous tension around the war, you should not overboard things like Gags..

I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say he only helps or saves ladies for their affection. He saved Tashigi from Vergo then leaves dealing with Monet and protecting Tashigi to Zoro later on (when he tells G5 not to worry), despite his interest in Tashigi.

Sanji getting jealous or fawning over a girl in a gag doesn't mean that that's the only reason he helps out. He complimented Corsette's cooking and stopped Niji from hurting her initially then kicking Niji when he found out what happened to her. That wasn't because she was hot. It was a mix of his detest of his family and their attitude, going against all of the values he holds dear, hitting women and their treatment of food. He never even fawned over Corsette that arc and he was dead serious even after she was overwhelmed by his kindness. Not to mention Kureha, Chiffon, Carrot and all the other women he saves. It's not always so that they fall in love with him even if he's attracted to most of them.

I interpret it similar to his kindness, his actions speak louder than words. Whenever he helps guys he makes sure to inform them that he doesn't mind and that it isn't a big deal even if he's going out of his way. Same with female characters, when he helps, he doesn't constantly have to (but he does usually) say I'm here because of my chivalry, instead he usually fawns over them after all's said and done.

Plus, his code of not hurting women is part of his chivalry. Those are the values that were instilled in him. Just cause he's a pervert doesn't mean he isn't well-intentioned when he leaves to save a woman like Tashigi back at Punk Hazard.

That's just my opinion, I understand if you think Sanji's just some pervert that only cares about getting girls despite him having Pudding going crazy over him by the end of Whole Cake Island and he still goes on his way and focuses on what was important instead of acting on any interest he had on her (at that point).
it is an exaggeration largely because I have fallen out of love with his character

you are mostly right
however it was a counter to claims it was simply just sanji's chilvary that causes him to act in whatever way he does.
ts more of a middle ground thing.
he saves women both because many of them he wants them to fall in love with him
and sometimes as well due to his moral code.

Status
Not open for further replies.