Questions & Mysteries Worst Anime Adaptations

Seven Deadly Sins. Glad that I saw that horrible Meliodas vs Escanor clip on youtube lol. Such a waste of time that I even finished one season out of it.
Seven deadly sins, Kingdom( @Owl Ki ) , Berserk.
In my opinion are are right about these aniimes, however even if the animation wasnΒ΄t good, they still at least not skip the story parts of the mangas.

In my opinion I found far worse anime adaptations who have easily better animation then these three above but fail to explain the plot.
As example Tower of God, God of Highschool, Tokyo ghoul(disaster omg) where the worst of all.
These animes had not bad animation, but they fail to explain the story, to many skips, not much character development.
For me these stuff of animes are the worst, these one who skipp entire arcs for sake to make the anime.

At least SDS,Kingdom or Berserk take for story/character development, with these above totally fail.

If I would choice the worst anime adaptations, it would be clearly tokyo ghoul, they make a masterpiece manga into a piece of trash(@Sentinel). Then ToG and God of Highschool join.

Wano arc is probably one of the better adapted arcs of the series by a considerable margin considering how much the production for the show has improved.
Shoow production have never being worst. More colour and bright images doesn't mean it is good. Anime is chaging everything the manga is, can't make good emotional scenes like Oden's death. Is ridiculous. Also the voices of Oden and Roger are trash.

Shoow production have never being worst. More colour and bright images doesn't mean it is good. Anime is chaging everything the manga is, can't make good emotional scenes like Oden's death. Is ridiculous. Also the voices of Oden and Roger are trash.
Having objectively better compositing, better animation, and better directing and storyboarding is definitely a massive improvement over prior arcs.

Making minor changes and additions to the manga does not detract from an adaptation. One Piece is already incredibly close to the source material, it making minor variations does not harm it, especially since the manga can often be incredibly bare bones.

Having objectively better compositing, better animation, and better directing and storyboarding is definitely a massive improvement over prior arcs.

Making minor changes and additions to the manga does not detract from an adaptation. One Piece is already incredibly close to the source material, it making minor variations does not harm it, especially since the manga can often be incredibly bare bones.
One Piece Wano Arc is a different story from manga. We can't even say that this is happening at One Piece universe anymore. Is side story of DBS.

One Piece Wano Arc is a different story from manga. We can't even say that this is happening at One Piece universe anymore. Is side story of DBS.
How is that remotely comparable? It follows pretty much the same storybeats, mostly in the same order, mostly in the same fashion as well. They literally lift and recreate iconography from the manga one for one(that never happened in DBS).

Also, again, fidelty criticism is boring. If anything, I think them following Oda's action closely has often hindered some scenes more than helped them.

Oden vs Kaido, with them recreating Oden slashing Kaido's chest from the manga comes to mind, or how they ruined the pacing of a scene specifically to recreate the panel of Kaido knocking Oden out from the manga.

Nothing like that ever ever happened in DBS, because DBS never based its anime off the manga in any way at all.

How is that remotely comparable? It follows pretty much the same storybeats, mostly in the same order, mostly in the same fashion as well. They literally lift and recreate iconography from the manga one for one(that never happened in DBS).

Also, again, fidelty criticism is boring. If anything, I think them following Oda's action closely has often hindered some scenes more than helped them.

Oden vs Kaido, with them recreating Oden slashing Kaido's chest from the manga comes to mind, or how they ruined the pacing of a scene specifically to recreate the panel of Kaido knocking Oden out from the manga.

Nothing like that ever ever happened in DBS, because DBS never based its anime off the manga in any way at all.
That shit of Oden vs WB never happened. Oden vs Kaido was a joke, they made Oden fly mid air. They failled to give emotional feelings at Oden's death. "Sea is for Pirates" scene was horrible too, no emotion at all. The auras are disgusting, they made Oden having armament haki on his hands when cutting the Mountain God. And this is because I'm barely seeing that shit but small cut scenes.

That shit of Oden vs WB never happened. Oden vs Kaido was a joke, they made Oden fly mid air. They failled to give emotional feelings at Oden's death. "Sea is for Pirates" scene was horrible too, no emotion at all. The auras are disgusting, they made Oden having armament haki on his hands when cutting the Mountain God. And this is because I'm barely seeing that shit but small cut scenes.
Oden vs WB, Oden vs Kaido, the mountain god scene were all really really good, and for many, a vast improvement on the source material. There is literally no issue with Oden covering his arms with haki, and aura's are not necessarily bad(they were literally and explicitly used in the flashbackback to highlight Oden using ryou).

The death of Oden suffered from being dragged out, but I think the actual moment of him being killed and sinking away was very well done.

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
β€Ž
Rosario+Vampire it's by far one of the worst adaptation ever made. They literally just adapted the beginning of manga, which is terrible and completed the rest with garbage (season 2 is completely filler). It's a shame because manga improves a lot, both in art and plot. Part 2 fights are great.

I recommend you to read the manga, even if you didn't like the anime. Leaving the generic ecchi/harem aside(just in the first 10 chapters), it's a pretty fun piece.

Last edited: