Votes: 16 7.2%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 7 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, considering how little I was looking forward to this Sanji Black Maria plotline when it started, it was actually pretty good. Sanji wasn’t obnoxious in it- him decking it on the ice was hilarious- and it’s really served to give Robin her best moment in years (the entirety of post skip?). And it brings back all her past moments, she’s wanted because of Ohara, she mentions the dark things she did in the past before the Strawhats, and Sanji asking her for help is framed the same as the famous I wanna live moment, except this time it’s a Strawhat relying on her to do the saving. Very nice stuff. A shame that it doesn’t look to be a 1 vs 1- no force on earth will drag Brook away from Black Maria now her tits are hanging out- but Robin is set up to be the main star with Brook in support, which is kind of fair since Brook was so amazing in WCI.

And I do like a bit of plain villain brutality like beating someone up with knuckledusters. There’s something quite visceral and real about it, more so than the overelaborate “look how eeeeeevil I am” stuff like Queen’s games. It’s why Spandam was such an effective villain.

Was Hyogoro learned life support? How’s he big and fat again?

I think Jack’s very much a red herring for the Sanji fight. Yes, they’re heading towards the same goal, but the big absence this chapter was Queen. Don’t think it’s a coincidence that Queen, who has expressed an interest in Sanji, who’s stated goal is to take out the number twos and threes, suddenly vanishes after there’s an island wide broadcast by him. That’ll be the fight, with Jack probably going to Yamato at this stage, who’ll presumably learn that the Scabbards are on the verge of death (and Hiyori is there to be attacked) and go to protect them as well. Plus, Yamato and Jack should have some history together, since they’re the same age.

So, going forward, for the Strawhats
-Fight on the roof is set up. We aren’t going back there for a decent while yet, certainly not for a real look until all the hybrids are shown. That’s the final fight (which can and will have more than one round). Luffy and Zoro, set
-Nami beating Ulti is set. Usopp and Page One, I don’t know. Oda’s not really focused on it much, certainly to a lesser extent than Nami vs Ulti- or most of the fights. That could be a swap deal, with Usopp dealing with the Cyborg Mary’s
-Sanji is getting Queen. A small chance of Jack, a negatismal chance of King
-Chopper’s up in the air right now. Like Robin, he’s one who needs a fight, I’d be quite happy for Page One to get swapped from Usopp to him
-Robin has Black Maria quite obviously
-dittto for Franky and Sasaki
-Brook more than likely second string to Robin, which is a bit of a shame.
-Jinbei vs WW, I think is a lock. The past background has been set up, it doesn’t look like he’s going to interact with Jack. My hope is we find out that Jack and WW had a fight to be the last Calamity, and Jack narrowly won out, meaning that when Jinbei beats WW it’ll mean he’s roughly as strong as Jack

Other figures
-Marco vs King is a lock.
-Yamato‘s heading back into the action and likely to end up with Jack right now
-Carrot and Wanda vs Perospero, is a lock, where it seems I, Japan and Oda are in agreement to not give a shit about it
-Drake vs Apoo? Dunno if Oda will bother showing that in any detail
-Hawkins is completely awol
-Kid and Law’s crew will do nothing
-Fukurokujo has been up to something for what seems like centuries now
-CP 0 will step in once the Beast Pirates minus Kaido are beaten to give everyone something to do while the final fight goes down.
Dude wrote a whole essay lmao💀

You know, considering how little I was looking forward to this Sanji Black Maria plotline when it started, it was actually pretty good. Sanji wasn’t obnoxious in it- him decking it on the ice was hilarious- and it’s really served to give Robin her best moment in years (the entirety of post skip?). And it brings back all her past moments, she’s wanted because of Ohara, she mentions the dark things she did in the past before the Strawhats, and Sanji asking her for help is framed the same as the famous I wanna live moment, except this time it’s a Strawhat relying on her to do the saving. Very nice stuff. A shame that it doesn’t look to be a 1 vs 1- no force on earth will drag Brook away from Black Maria now her tits are hanging out- but Robin is set up to be the main star with Brook in support, which is kind of fair since Brook was so amazing in WCI.

And I do like a bit of plain villain brutality like beating someone up with knuckledusters. There’s something quite visceral and real about it, more so than the overelaborate “look how eeeeeevil I am” stuff like Queen’s games. It’s why Spandam was such an effective villain.

Was Hyogoro learned life support? How’s he big and fat again?

I think Jack’s very much a red herring for the Sanji fight. Yes, they’re heading towards the same goal, but the big absence this chapter was Queen. Don’t think it’s a coincidence that Queen, who has expressed an interest in Sanji, who’s stated goal is to take out the number twos and threes, suddenly vanishes after there’s an island wide broadcast by him. That’ll be the fight, with Jack probably going to Yamato at this stage, who’ll presumably learn that the Scabbards are on the verge of death (and Hiyori is there to be attacked) and go to protect them as well. Plus, Yamato and Jack should have some history together, since they’re the same age.

So, going forward, for the Strawhats
-Fight on the roof is set up. We aren’t going back there for a decent while yet, certainly not for a real look until all the hybrids are shown. That’s the final fight (which can and will have more than one round). Luffy and Zoro, set
-Nami beating Ulti is set. Usopp and Page One, I don’t know. Oda’s not really focused on it much, certainly to a lesser extent than Nami vs Ulti- or most of the fights. That could be a swap deal, with Usopp dealing with the Cyborg Mary’s
-Sanji is getting Queen. A small chance of Jack, a negatismal chance of King
-Chopper’s up in the air right now. Like Robin, he’s one who needs a fight, I’d be quite happy for Page One to get swapped from Usopp to him
-Robin has Black Maria quite obviously
-dittto for Franky and Sasaki
-Brook more than likely second string to Robin, which is a bit of a shame.
-Jinbei vs WW, I think is a lock. The past background has been set up, it doesn’t look like he’s going to interact with Jack. My hope is we find out that Jack and WW had a fight to be the last Calamity, and Jack narrowly won out, meaning that when Jinbei beats WW it’ll mean he’s roughly as strong as Jack

Other figures
-Marco vs King is a lock.
-Yamato‘s heading back into the action and likely to end up with Jack right now
-Carrot and Wanda vs Perospero, is a lock, where it seems I, Japan and Oda are in agreement to not give a shit about it
-Drake vs Apoo? Dunno if Oda will bother showing that in any detail
-Hawkins is completely awol
-Kid and Law’s crew will do nothing
-Fukurokujo has been up to something for what seems like centuries now
-CP 0 will step in once the Beast Pirates minus Kaido are beaten to give everyone something to do while the final fight goes down.
i thought sanji vs king, what happened?

Good chapter the spoilers didn't do him justice

Sanji made me laugh personally, he can't do anything against women, so there's nothing new in this area.

Robin is the mvp of the chapter, and she's finally going to have a fight against a flying six :shocking:

Jack is heading towards the scabbards and sanji as well, but I think he's going to run into queen on the way:queenhear:

I look forward to the next chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.