Rules Kingdom General Discussion

Duke Hyou is low key God Tier
:myman:
While Ouki was the first to teach Shin the vision and implications of being a general, imo Duke was more important in his character development, they are more alike.
Shin re-evaluated the opinion he had about the Duke during his second campaign under him, mostly because he had a better understanding of the role of a general and how wars were fought.
He was just a rookie with no knowledge during their first meeting.

I liked Ouki but Duke left such a big impression on me during the coalition arc.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
While Ouki was the first to teach Shin the vision and implications of being a general, imo Duke was more important in his character development, they are more alike.
Shin re-evaluated the opinion he had about the Duke during his second campaign under him, mostly because he had a better understanding of the role of a general and how wars were fought.
He was just a rookie with no knowledge during their first meeting.

I liked Ouki but Duke left such a big impression on me during the coalition arc.
Duke Hyou is an extremely slept on character. Low key he can defeat any General we’ve ever seen in the manga.

Duke Hyou’s hype is more tame than the 6GG because he chose not to become one. Every time characters start reminiscing about the Qin 6/Zhao 3/Wei 7,Duke Hyou is left out of that conversation.

However, in my opinion,
At the time of his death, Riboku gave Duke Hyou the single highest praise of any General Riboku has ever commented on, and that includes Ouki and Renpa. In his own way, Duke Hyou may have been an even greater General than them, as he can legitimately claim to be the greatest Instinctual General in Kingdom period.

When Man cry......
Dude I fucking teared up to the piece of paper:pepecry:

:pepemy::pepemy::pepemy::pepemy::pepemy::pepemy::pepemy:

:catcry::catcry::catcry::catcry::catcry::catcry::catcry:
My Captain
:catsweat::catsweat::catsweat:

So how did you enjoy Bayou?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
:catsweat::catsweat::catsweat:

So how did you enjoy Bayou?
Arc 6: Completed.

Fucking amazing. As I told you before I was hooked with the story since the beginning but Bayou was a climax of my expectations. I believed that we will slow down a little and see Sei building up his army and political power. It was sorta looking like it until the emergency call for help from Bayou. It was a rollercoaster of emotions.

The shine of Ou Ki's brilliance as the last living Great General of the past era. Dude literally outsmarted everyone bar Riboku which introduction to the story is one of my favorite moments already. Riboku is shaping up to be one of the best Generals in the series and I really love how he is written. That feat of defeating 200k Zhiongu mountain soldiers is fucking amazing. Even tho Riboku got the upper hand on Ou Ki I believe that he wasn't so sure of his victory. I think the quality of a General that Ou Ki was is fucking amazing.

Let's be honest. Zhao sent out their best soldiers while the majority of Ou Ki's army was basically "scraps". This army was more filled with guts rather than actual skill bar Shin, Kyouka, Moubu + his army and obviously Ou Ki and his soldiers.

Kyou's story was fuking amazing and sad as fuck. Ou Ki deserved to kill this motherfucker Houken. I hope Shin finishes this mofo later.

Shin's growth man... Fucking epic. I already told you about it in the other thread. I'm just amazed by how much he grows during the battles and trying times. The moment where Ou Ki took Shin for a ride on the battlefield before he passed away. It was fucking magical:

I expect few more characters to make an impact on me as a reader but I must honestly say. I don't expect anyone to beat Ou Ki's character for me at least for now. The bar this character set from human being to General of an Army. I just can't say how much I rate Ou Ki.

I can't wait to see Moubu's development. He was this cocky and all but I think during the last moments of Ou Ki he paid respect to his superior comrade and understood that he is not in Ou Ki's league as of yet.

I like his fighting style and his ferocity but he is not to say dumb but more like single-minded.

This manga is 10/10 for me and I'm only 173 chapters in... Can't wait for more.

I'm all in for this Manga. It's a fucking shame I was putting a readthrough of this on hold for so long.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
The shine of Ou Ki's brilliance as the last living Great General of the past era. Dude literally outsmarted everyone bar Riboku which introduction to the story is one of my favorite moments already. Riboku is shaping up to be one of the best Generals in the series and I really love how he is written. That feat of defeating 200k Zhiongu mountain soldiers is fucking amazing. Even tho Riboku got the upper hand on Ou Ki I believe that he wasn't so sure of his victory. I think the quality of a General that Ou Ki was is fucking amazing.
Ouki was such a brilliant man that Riboku was trying to hide his existence from Ouki, but Ouki still deduced that Houken was not the real commander of this army and that its real commander was in hiding with an entirely separate army lol. And even with such a disadvantage in army strength, and with Moubu arrogantly taking Chou Sou’s bait which forced Ouki to come to his rescue, Ouki still very nearly made it out of the Zhao’s death trap to face Riboku in a traditional battle.

It is not an exaggeration to say that had Riboku not taken as many steps as he did take to lure Ouki into such a major disadvantage, Ouki would’ve defeated him imo. Riboku is the most dangerous man in China, but square him up in a traditional war with Ouki and Ouki takes it, and Riboku was well aware of that lol.

I can't wait to see Moubu's development. He was this cocky and all but I think during the last moments of Ou Ki he paid respect to his superior comrade and understood that he is not in Ou Ki's league as of yet.

I like his fighting style and his ferocity but he is not to say dumb but more like single-minded.
Keep in mind with Moubu, that Ouki was literally in shock of how strong Moubu was offensively. And Ouki fought alongside the other Qin Great Generals, at least two of which were heavily offensive Generals. Bearing in mind that Ouki fought alongside literally the strongest Generals ever, just keep in mind how shocked Ouki was by Moubu’s strength lol.

Moubu is underrated in the intelligence, he was just extremely arrogant during Bayou. But it’s clear at the end that he saw his error and he grows quite a bit because of it.

This manga is 10/10 for me and I'm only 173 chapters in... Can't wait for more.

I'm all in for this Manga. It's a fucking shame I was putting a readthrough of this on hold for so long.
That’s fantastic man lol. I’m very glad you’re enjoying Kingdom this much so far.

If you are hooked now, keep in mind that there are at least two arcs coming up that the Kingdom fandom almost unanimously agrees surpasses Bayou as an arc. I would argue that there are three personally. So you are in for even higher levels of greatness to come.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
It is not an exaggeration to say that had Riboku not taken as many steps as he did take to lure Ouki into such a major disadvantage, Ouki would’ve defeated him imo. Riboku is the most dangerous man in China, but square him up in a traditional war with Ouki and Ouki takes it, and Riboku was well aware of that lol.
Yeah, I was aware of that. This is why I pointed out that Ouki was basically fighting with "scraps", not an actual army. I'm of the same opinion as you. If Ouki and Riboku clashed with Ouki having a "real" Qin army he would beat Riboku. I don't think this is a downplay to Riboku anyway. It was more to hype up the genius and the best General ever which was Ouki.

Can't wait to see which steps Riboku takes from this point on. Now with Ouki out of the picture Qin will need to flex the shit out of their strategic management. I need Shouheikun vs Riboku a battle of strategy ASAP.

Keep in mind with Moubu, that Ouki was literally in shock of how strong Moubu was offensively. And Ouki fought alongside the other Qin Great Generals, at least two of which were heavily offensive Generals. Bearing in mind that Ouki fought alongside literally the strongest Generals ever, just keep in mind how shocked Ouki was by Moubu’s strength lol.
I don't doubt Moubu's offensive prowess although I still think Ouki would get win a deathmatch. Houken understood it too. No downplay here. I wait for more Moubu action but Ouki is just a fucking legend.

Moubu is underrated in the intelligence, he was just extremely arrogant during Bayou. But it’s clear at the end that he saw his error and he grows quite a bit because of it.
Yeah, I'm waiting for his growth although I'm kinda salty that he saw his error only until the end of the battle not before. I was so mad that he took that stupid charge in the canyon. I hope he improves on the self-awareness side.

That’s fantastic man lol. I’m very glad you’re enjoying Kingdom this much so far.

If you are hooked now, keep in mind that there are at least two arcs coming up that the Kingdom fandom almost unanimously agrees surpasses Bayou as an arc. I would argue that there are three personally. So you are in for even higher levels of greatness to come.
Can't wait then. I'm all in for the hype!

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
If Ouki and Riboku clashed with Ouki having a "real" Qin army he would beat Riboku. I don't think this is a downplay to Riboku anyway. It was more to hype up the genius and the best General ever which was Ouki.
Yeah it’s not to downplay Riboku. Riboku’s overall abilities as a General are above Ouki’s (at least when Riboku has all his vassals) but strictly army vs army and Ouki takes it. Riboku knows that lol.

I don't doubt Moubu's offensive prowess although I still think Ouki would get win a deathmatch
We’ll talk again in a couple of arcs
:kizabat:

Yeah, I'm waiting for his growth although I'm kinda salty that he saw his error only until the end of the battle not before. I was so mad that he took that stupid charge in the canyon. I hope he improves on the self-awareness side.
I think you will grow to love Moubu. I’m itching to say more but I’ll wait for now lmfao.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Yeah it’s not to downplay Riboku. Riboku’s overall abilities as a General are above Ouki’s (at least when Riboku has all his vassals) but strictly army vs army and Ouki takes it. Riboku knows that lol.

We’ll talk again in a couple of arcs
:kizabat:

I think you will grow to love Moubu. I’m itching to say more but I’ll wait for now lmfao.
Yeah, I will probably change my opinion on Moubu. We will see.

I wonder if he wants Shin action in his squad.

He picked interest in Shin after the passing of Ouki.

Could be amazing.

I will read more soon and will update here whenever I finish the next arcs. This journey is gonna be amazing.