Houken vs Guts without Berserker Armor

N

NeutralWatcher

Who would win?

Scenario 1: Pre apocalypse Guts vs Houken
Scenario 2 : Post apocalypse Guts vs Houken

N

NeutralWatcher

I think Houken might defeat pre time skip Guts. That Guts limit was defeating 100 soldiers and I don't think Houken has trouble against 100 Qin armies. Post time skip Guts might go either way from high to extreme ruff for both sides

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Scenario 1: Pre apocalypse Guts vs Houken
Scenario 2 : Post apocalypse Guts vs Houken
Are you talking about the Eclipse?

So, there are essentially too many versions of Guts that all have different power levels, as Guts gets power-ups in some way, shape, or form during every Berserk arc lol. The versions I can think of where noticeable strength gaps exist:

14 year old Guts (Young Guts)
Hawk Raid Captain Guts (Golden Age Guts)
Pre-Eclipse Guts
Post Eclipse Guts (Early Black Swordsman)
The Black Swordsman (2 years of experience as the Black Swordsman)
Berserker Armor Guts

Of all of these versions of Guts, Houken probably makes it to around Post Eclipse Guts. As soon as Guts dons the Dragon Slayer, Houken is fucked.

At the end of the Golden Age, Guts slays General Boscone

who among Kingdom characters is probably around Akou or Makou level. And Guts gets a pretty large powerup during the year he spends training after leaving the Band of the Hawk, so debatably pre-Eclipse Guts already pushes Houken extremely hard.

Once Guts dons the 400 pound Dragon slayer, he is arguably too much for Houken even with no experience with the sword, as he is fighting on par with Zodd the Immortal

Zodd who is 300 years old and has killed thousands of people.

Even if Houken, somehow someway, manages to withstand blows from the 400 pound Dragon slayer, which Guts is only weilding with moderate difficulty as soon as he picks it up, Black Swordsman Guts, who has experience slaying giant Demon Monsters, would kill Houken around mid diff at worst.

TL;DR,

Guts is too much for Houken.

N

NeutralWatcher

Are you talking about the Eclipse?

So, there are essentially too many versions of Guts that all have different power levels, as Guts gets power-ups in some way, shape, or form during every Berserk arc lol. The versions I can think of where noticeable strength gaps exist:

14 year old Guts (Young Guts)
Hawk Raid Captain Guts (Golden Age Guts)
Pre-Eclipse Guts
Post Eclipse Guts (Early Black Swordsman)
The Black Swordsman (2 years of experience as the Black Swordsman)
Berserker Armor Guts

Of all of these versions of Guts, Houken probably makes it to around Post Eclipse Guts. As soon as Guts dons the Dragon Slayer, Houken is fucked.

At the end of the Golden Age, Guts slays General Boscone

who among Kingdom characters is probably around Akou or Makou level. And Guts gets a pretty large powerup during the year he spends training after leaving the Band of the Hawk, so debatably pre-Eclipse Guts already pushes Houken extremely hard.

Once Guts dons the 400 pound Dragon slayer, he is arguably too much for Houken even with no experience with the sword, as he is fighting on par with Zodd the Immortal

Zodd who is 300 years old and has killed thousands of people.

Even if Houken, somehow someway, manages to withstand blows from the 400 pound Dragon slayer, which Guts is only weilding with moderate difficulty as soon as he picks it up, Black Swordsman Guts, who has experience slaying giant Demon Monsters, would kill Houken around mid diff at worst.

TL;DR,

Guts is too much for Houken.
Yeah I mean eclipse. It has been a long time since I read Berserk. The hiatus is so long.

Good point. Guts easily defeated some kingdoms strongest soldier while Houken had trouble against Shin and Kyoukai.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Good point. Guts easily defeated some kingdoms strongest soldier while Houken had trouble against Shin and Kyoukai.
Pre Eclipse Guts would be Great General level in terms of his combat ability, though granted I think he’d lose to Houken extreme diff but he could defeat Bananji/Akou level people. And as Berserk is a more grounded manga overall in terms of its human characters, Pre-Eclipse Guts would basically be the strongest human in the world of Berserk, for what little that is worth in a manga about Demons and Spirits lol.