General & Others What have we learned in Wano thus far that justifies three years of it?

Wano has been going on for three years now and I legitimately have no idea what we learned thus far that is of relevant information outside the Rodger flashback since it literally only took four chapters out of the 100 chapters of Wano? A baby that was born when Wano started will start kindergarten when it ends. Why does Oda need more time for a single arc than nurturing a baby into its adolescents age? A bachelors degree takes four years to obtain, why does Oda need more time for a single arc than a person getting their bachelors degree
You wouldn't have survived the 9 years of chimera ant then.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
We learned that when an author decides to shit on his own work and appeal to his "inner 15-year old", despite his work alone being older than this "target audience" of a 15 year old, just so he can wank his own real life culture, we get a garbage ass tier storyline, with garbage tier characters.

Great lesson.
Hope when Wano is over, the Japan overwank gets toned down and he get back to actually writing some engaging story again.:pepecafe:

I hope at least the end part of the arc is good. It's constantly the part of the arcs that I always enjoy a lot. If he fucks up even that....geez.:tchpepe:
Fuck Oden, fuck Momonosuke, fuck Enma, fuck the Wano people.
Fuck Kaido as well.
The WORST major villain by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.
Post automatically merged:

"Wano will make Marineford look cute"

:kobeha:
Did Oda say that about "Wano"?
I had the feeling Oda said that about the "great war", didnt he?

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Ennies Lobby was, as single arc, actually pretty average. Cool fights and cool "I WANT TO LIVE" moment, basically.
The reason EL is actually a masterpiece, is because it is the direct sequel of Water7. These arcs tie so well together, that's is basically impossible to view them as separate things.

Wano SHOULD be like that, but connecting with PH, Dressrosa, Zou and freaking WCI. And then, we get to Wano, and it's just a 2 set arc, like water7 and EL. It doesnt feel like this EPIC CONCLUSION OF GOD KNOWS HOW MANY ARCS. It just feel like a standalone 2-part arc.
The pre-raid storyline is just so....whatever.
It is kinda....null.
"oh but oda's favorite scene is the opening scene of wano".
Fuck that self wank.
Hope you all enjoy the fights we are gonna have.
Because that's all this shitty saga has to offer.
Pretty fighting panels.
Freaking trash ass time travel.
99% of the time people just drop the ball with it.

As long as the arc is still going great‚ then I don't see the issue. This is the climax that Punk Hazard and Dresserosa were leading to..

2 yonkois
8 Supernova
Cp0
Marco and former Whitebeard Pirates
Whitebeard/Roger/Oden history
Great Story building

And the chance still strong‚ Blackbeard shows up. This isn't an arc that makes us learn things with all that is going on for it already ( Punk Hazard and Dresserosa did that already )

Alot actually, What We know so far :
kaido df
Former Mane2 and bari2 no mi
Kaido has a daughter
Ace and yamato is a friend
What happen to kidd crew
Apoo is already kaido subordinate before making alliance with SN
Kidd has king haki
Blackbeard never sleep
Ryuma's body never rot because its in extreme cold environment
Wano used to be city of gold
Momo has a sister
Zoro's master is from wano (using ryou/sunacchi)
WG disband Sichibukai
Kuma become a slave
Teach bounty
Siryuu and devon df
Absalom is dead
Drake and coby are SWORD member
Garp and roger teaming up againts rocks crew

Anyone else want to add?

Alot actually, What We know so far :
kaido df
Former Mane2 and bari2 no mi
Kaido has a daughter
Ace and yamato is a friend
What happen to kidd crew
Apoo is already kaido subordinate before making alliance with SN
Kidd has king haki
Blackbeard never sleep
Ryuma's body never rot because its in extreme cold environment
Wano used to be city of gold
Momo has a sister
Zoro's master is from wano (using ryou/sunacchi)
WG disband Sichibukai
Kuma become a slave
Teach bounty
Siryuu and devon df
Absalom is dead
Drake and coby are SWORD member
Garp and roger teaming up againts rocks crew

Anyone else want to add?
Like your points‚ but some of the last few points are the levely arc not Wano.

The problem is that Oda is too slow. He likes to develop these side-characters like Senor Pink,Baby 5,Pound,Hyogoro,but the audience doesnt want that. I think that until Sabaody,the best One Piece formula was the one we all loved:
- The Strawhats arrive in a island,they meet some people,there is a villain to defeat,they defeat the villain saving the island
And this formula did work at the time,also because we always stayed in a island around a year,a year and a half,not too much.
Then,Sabaody happened,and i think Sabaody completely changed One Piece. Why? Because it introduced the Supernovas. These characters immediately conquered the audience's hearts,and the story changed to "the solitary road of the Strawhat crew toward the One Piece" to "The race for the throne. Who will win between the members of the Worst Generation?",and Oda knows that the story evolved in this way now,because in Dressrosa he made Doflamingo give his speech about it after he was captured,and also because he often talks in interviews how he didnt expect the Supernovas to be so liked by the fans. But,altough he knows that the story evolved in a different direction now,he kept following the same formula that worked before (Strawhats in a island,meet local people,save the island) and it also made it longer! (2,5 years in Dressrosa,3 and more years in Wano). But at this point i think this formula doenst work anymore like it used to,because the story evolved in a different direction.
Another element i want to talk about: Why,according to you,the arc Sabaody-Amazon Lily-Impel Down-Marineford is still so loved? Because it followed the new formula in which the story has evolved,without trying to conform to the old formula: there are not populations to save,there is just the full worldbuilding and Luffy going directly to his target,meeting important characters like Warlords and Revolutionaries (Boa,Jinbei,Ivankov,Crocodile). Imagine instead if Oda had tried to put the "old formula" into that arc: it would have been way longer! He probably would have made a long arc set in Amazon Lily,where Luffy,and maybe the rest of the crew,meet Boa and the other Amazonias,but Boa is not in power because there is some villain who conquered the island,so we get a Alabasta/Dressrosa style arc where the crew helps Boa defeat the villain and come back to power,and only in the end Luffy receive the news of Ace getting executed in Marineford in a few days,so he decides to go.
Instead,he decided to go directly to the point: Luffy conquers the Amazonians's trust in a short time,then he receive the Ace news. Imagine if all post-Sabaody One Piece was like that,going directly to the point. (And this doesnt exclude fights,because in the same way Luffy fought Marigold and Sandersonia in Amazon Lily,in other arcs Luffy and co. would have had their fights,just without all the island-saving parts). It would have been more coherent with how the story has evolved,in my opinion! Basically One Piece should have become like it is when we get the "chapters between the arcs" or the chapters of the Reverie arc...but without the off-screening of the most pivotal parts!

The problem is that Oda is too slow. He likes to develop these side-characters like Senor Pink,Baby 5,Pound,Hyogoro,but the audience doesnt want that. I
One of the best aspects of One piece is world building‚ not that it just follows or focuses on only the strawhats. Every Island needs their history and development of side characters like Hyogro. If anything no one wants to go to Wano and have the strawhats just interacting with nameless generic people that Oda didn't take time to develop.

plus no matter how good the fight is...but for better story telling‚ no one wants a raid that only focuses on only the roof battle either

This is not Naruto with only the leaf village that has any role at all

One of the best aspects of One piece is world building‚ not that it just follows or focuses on only the strawhats. Every Island needs their history and development of side characters like Hyogro. If anything no one wants to go to Wano and have the strawhats just interacting with nameless generic people that Oda didn't take time to develop.

plus no matter how good the fight is...but for better story telling‚ no one wants a raid that only focuses on only the roof battle either

This is not Naruto with only the leaf village that has any role at all
I think there was a misunderstanding here. My post was bigger than your point. I talked about the story in general. And why bashing on Naruto? Naruto's worldbuilding was great.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
Another thread sucking off Marineford when the arc was trash. Beaides Ace and WB death the arc was trash, filled with a bunch of one hit clashes, we didn't expand on shit in terms of haki or anything. What exactly did you learn from it besides jerk off to a bunch of characters fighting for one hit then off screen?
Marineford>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wano :akaman:

Not really. When the Akatsuki‚ every member ofit ‚ is almost single handidly beaten by the leaf‚ then that is bad world building.
But we knew how the different villages were,without losing time with useless characters but knowing only the important warriors of each village. Ultimately the story of Naruto evolved in a way that all the villages were important altough of course the leaf a little more.

I like the part of story about the Alliance of Supernovas going against the Emperors, with the theme of "a Pirate Alliance always end in betrayal", the Road Poneglyphs, the conflict of the New Age, most of what is happening outside of Wano is very cool, but the Wano internal conflict is a pain in the ass.

In W7 with much less time Oda made us care much more about Franky, Iceburg and the Galley-la people, but in Wano we have been with Momo and Kinemon all the way back from PH, and since them Oda has introduced a ton of characters from Wano that i couldnt care less about, even Oden ,that was suposed to be one of the best characters of the whole story,
was a mediocre character in the end.

The problem is that Oda is too slow. He likes to develop these side-characters like Senor Pink,Baby 5,Pound,Hyogoro,but the audience doesnt want that. I think that until Sabaody,the best One Piece formula was the one we all loved:
- The Strawhats arrive in a island,they meet some people,there is a villain to defeat,they defeat the villain saving the island
And this formula did work at the time,also because we always stayed in a island around a year,a year and a half,not too much.
Then,Sabaody happened,and i think Sabaody completely changed One Piece. Why? Because it introduced the Supernovas. These characters immediately conquered the audience's hearts,and the story changed to "the solitary road of the Strawhat crew toward the One Piece" to "The race for the throne. Who will win between the members of the Worst Generation?",and Oda knows that the story evolved in this way now,because in Dressrosa he made Doflamingo give his speech about it after he was captured,and also because he often talks in interviews how he didnt expect the Supernovas to be so liked by the fans. But,altough he knows that the story evolved in a different direction now,he kept following the same formula that worked before (Strawhats in a island,meet local people,save the island) and it also made it longer! (2,5 years in Dressrosa,3 and more years in Wano). But at this point i think this formula doenst work anymore like it used to,because the story evolved in a different direction.
Another element i want to talk about: Why,according to you,the arc Sabaody-Amazon Lily-Impel Down-Marineford is still so loved? Because it followed the new formula in which the story has evolved,without trying to conform to the old formula: there are not populations to save,there is just the full worldbuilding and Luffy going directly to his target,meeting important characters like Warlords and Revolutionaries (Boa,Jinbei,Ivankov,Crocodile). Imagine instead if Oda had tried to put the "old formula" into that arc: it would have been way longer! He probably would have made a long arc set in Amazon Lily,where Luffy,and maybe the rest of the crew,meet Boa and the other Amazonias,but Boa is not in power because there is some villain who conquered the island,so we get a Alabasta/Dressrosa style arc where the crew helps Boa defeat the villain and come back to power,and only in the end Luffy receive the news of Ace getting executed in Marineford in a few days,so he decides to go.
Instead,he decided to go directly to the point: Luffy conquers the Amazonians's trust in a short time,then he receive the Ace news. Imagine if all post-Sabaody One Piece was like that,going directly to the point. (And this doesnt exclude fights,because in the same way Luffy fought Marigold and Sandersonia in Amazon Lily,in other arcs Luffy and co. would have had their fights,just without all the island-saving parts). It would have been more coherent with how the story has evolved,in my opinion! Basically One Piece should have become like it is when we get the "chapters between the arcs" or the chapters of the Reverie arc...but without the off-screening of the most pivotal parts!
If Oda had done that, KnY and JJK would have never surpassed One Piece in popularity and by now we would be in the endgame ...