General & Others Why does Oda give Mihawk such little hype?

J

Jo_Ndule

Because Luffy's underling Zoro will surpass this guy.

Luffy > Zoro/Sanji (underlings) > mihawk, how important this guy could be?

Oda closed the door for the last time in marineford battle (Chapter Name: 0561 - Luffy vs. Mihawk), he tried to hype mihawk by matching Luffy's Pre-TS version, because Luffy vs. mihawk will never happen again, Luffy's underlings will deal with him, just like WB's underlings Jozu and Vista dealt with him.

When Luffy fights the bosses like Shanks, Kaido or BB, Zoro or Sanji will beat mihawk, so mihawk can't be that important.
The funny thing is that Mihawk couldn't beat Pre ts luffy

:milaugh:the only warlord and so called top tier to not beat Luffy pre ts
Excluding Hancock who fangirled Luffy

Meh. Oda hasn’t given Mihawk the best on-panel feats, I won’t deny that.

You still underestimate him though. That casual iceberg feat was proof that he’s one of the strongest characters in the series.
Being one of the strongest in the series is quite a wide range, for example:

Jozu without diamond ability ripped and lifted a colossal iceberg bigger than several giants and normally an average size iceberg weighs millions of tons and I don't see anyone saying that Jozu is above admirals and Lolkos or of the same level
:shakiously:

I’m not discounting, I’m comparing. Mihawk has shown better physical strength than Law and the Admirals. There’s nothing to cope, it’s a fact.
Yes but that’s all Mihawk has is physical strength and a sword. Admirals have physical strength and their broken devil fruit powers.

It doesn’t matter if Mihawk has more strength none of them would fight without their devil fruit