Character Discussion Zoro and Sanji Parallel in Roger pirates

i never compared zoro to buggy i just said zozo isn't paralleling shanks well, read again this time with your glasses on
You were comparing between zoro and shanks to buggy here. But that's not what i said. I compared zoro and sanji dynamics to shanks and buggy dynamics (ergo the SHP parallel to roger pirates). See the emphasis on the relationship here. I never compared zoro and buggy to shanks and buggy (what you did, which is wrong comparison here to what i made)
Now, just keep your glasses for yourself. Because you sure need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You were comparing between zoro and shanks to buggy here. But that's not what i said. I compared zoro and sanji dynamics to shanks and buggy dynamics (ergo the SHP parallel to roger pirates). See the emphasis on the relationship here. I never compared zoro and buggy to shanks and buggy (what you did, which is wrong comparison here to what i made)
This is zoro counterpart

This thread is 100% spot on.

The badass swordsman and the gag character parallelisms are so on point it's just obvious what Oda is doing.

You just need to remember what he did with Simpji's bounty since the very beginning with the trolling and ridiculing to then later on in the New World give him two boosts out of thin air for doing literally nothing except being Judge's son and because Big Mom wanted him alive. This is pretty much the Buggy becoming a warlord business

Zoro and sanji are characters that have been around for a long time. An interesting take here is that their relationship is actually a parallel to crewmates in roger pirates.
Zoro is the Shanks of the strawhat pirates, while sanji is the Buggy of the strawhat pirates. Let's just look at the evidences.

Zoro and sanji often fight with each other. Just like shanks and buggy.

Now, let's take a closer look for each pair (zoro-shanks, sanji-buggy)

Zoro and shanks. Both are swordsman with scars on their left eye, and have similar pose in their bounty poster (looking at their left side). Both also have fought kaido and mihawk.
Meanwhile...

Both sanji and buggy are characters with lots of gag scenes.

As closing words, this thread specifically portrays the parallel relationship between zoro-sanji with shanks-buggy. The characters can also be seen in another parallel when looked at individually (for instances zoro is rayleigh of SHP and luffy is roger of SHP, but this is already explained by @hedera__helix in his thread)
You're honoring Shanks by comparing him to The Grandmaster. :cheers:

But comparing Sanji to Buggy, though? :kuzanope:

Don't do that to Buggy. The clown does not job as much as Sanji does and is actually relevant to the story. Buggy deserves better. #justice4buggy :willsmith: