Who will Kaido fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
That's the point of why it's intriguing and a way more interesting epithet than something generic like "God of sword".
  • "God of the Blade" is a title like "Pirate King" and not just an epithet.
    • Ryuma's actual epithet is "King".
    • Zoro being christened the "God of the Blade" would be acknowledging him as the saviour of Wano like Ryuma.
    • Zoro has been setup as the "Second Ryuma"; the bestowal of Ryuma's title would be acknowledging that.
  • There's nothing intriguing about "Pirate Hunter"; it's just a vestigial title from Zoro's days before joining Luffy.

He's called Rayleigh. It's quite self-explanatory (John William Strutt).
I am no less confused.

I know, and it feels like a thirteen year-old naming his fanfic character.
I'm not sure why that it as all relevant. Oda is the one that decided on "God of the Blade" as the title for Ryuma. Furthermore, it has profound lore significance.

Shimotsuki Ryuma is a famous β€” perhaps the most famous β€” Samurai from the Wano country. He lived several centuries ago and was an undefeated swordsman of unparalleled might, instantly cutting down all who opposed him:

He was known as the Swordsman who carried the world's greatest warrior soul, and had the epithet "King":

He had a reputation as "the strongest in the world":

In the past, Wanokuni was known as the "country of Gold" and was lusted after by Pirates and World Nobles alike. But against all these enemies from abroad, Shimotsuki Ryuma stood steadfast and put the fear of the Samurai into them:

Several centuries later, Marine Fleet Admiral Sakazuki was hesitant to send forces to Wano to prevent Mama from meeting up with Kaido because they weren't sure of the strength of the Samurai:

After his death, Ryuma was made a national treasure and consecrated as the "God of the Blade":

Speaking frankly, "it feels like a thirteen year-old naming his fanfic character" makes you sound like a troll. Ryuma's title is the crown of his legend:
  • He was an unparalleled swordsman that defeated all his opponents.
  • He was the "strongest in the world" and was given the epithet: "King".
  • Alone, he stood steadfast against all the adversaries from beyond β€” pirates and World Nobles alike β€” and put the fear of Samurai into the world.
    • Several centuries later, Marine Fleet Admiral Sakazuki was still hesitant to venture into Wano.
  • He reached the apex of sword mastery and forged his sword Shusui into Kokuto.
    • The only other Kokuto is wielded by the current greatest swordsman in the world.
  • He forged several legends, of which slaying a Dragon is but one.

Ryuma was the pride and natural treasure of Wanokuni. To honour his legend, he was posthumously consecrated as "God of the Blade". Ryuma's consecration as a God, is no different from how some individuals of incredible accomplishments were made saints by the Catholic Church after they died.

Ryuma's consecration as "God of the Blade" makes perfect sense in universe. To describe it as: "it feels like a thirteen year-old naming his fanfic character" is either an incredible failure of reading comprehension or distasteful trolling. Either way, I'm pretty disappointed to see it from you.

Honestly, if it was anyone else that said that, I wouldn't have bothered replying. You normally have well thought out and nuanced takes.

My grievance comes from how they all sound like something an uncreative teenager would come up with.
See above.

"Pirate hunter" remains simple yet contains that oxymoronic ground that I find quite interesting now that Zoro is a pirate himself, and at the same time stresses the trend among the Straw Hats (bar Luffy and Usopp) of "disliking" pirates. It's the exact same strength as Jinbe being known as a pirate who hates pirates, as stated in his introduction.
It's vestigial; it was Zoro's epithet from before he joined Luffy. You're trying to read something into it that simply isn't there. There is nothing oxymoronic, intriguing, deep, or otherwise particularly interesting about it. Before Zoro joined Luffy he was an infamous Pirate Hunter in the East Blue β€” that's all there is to it.

Those I don't agree certain statements on Sanji from others too. I think he will face YC lvl opponent and perhaps come up to rooftop to help out since I feel just 5 people alone won't be enough for Big Mom and Kaido, he be there to support Luffy too along with certain others.

As for Zoro getting beaten by Yonkos, why doesn't that make sense? We know Zoro isn't beating nor Big Mom and Kaido, so he going to get hype tool after having his moment from how this could go. He isn't staying active or at least he won't be involved further in the fight after that. Nothing bad about it, but it's obvious Luffy vs Kaido is set thing. It's more bad if your choosing to ignore it for sake thinking Zoro will 'solo' 2 Yonkos or something like that :kayneshrug:.
Post automatically merged:

Or maybe it hasn't started yet in fighting them. Again time can be 'confusing' around here on OP. He probably haven't done any attacks and just talking a bit since no mention of anyone attacking or damage seemingly, but have to see on more spoilers.
No one said Zoro soloing two Yonkos here. But you also say very confidently that Zoro is also not defeating anyone there. Which given the portrayal so far, one would have to be blind to say. Zoro is a strawhat and he will perform just as Luffy does if not slightly worse. But explaining Zoro feats to a Anti Zoro person is moot. So I’ll stop myself before looking any more foolish.

but the only thing necessary for the zoro fan, is the zoro appearing. even the oden flashback was boring for these guys lol
Im a zorofan, and i liked Oden, the flashback as a whole was in no way boring, specialy the bits abour Wb and Roger. My point is, Oda is dragging this too much, dog and cat already fought Jack, why is this fucker still in the fight? Goddamn Kaido himself didnt even manage to retire the scabbards from the fighting after beating them to a pulp..Now we have Dog vs Jack, AGAIN, who cares about that?

Same with fake Oden appearing, it was just a cheap way of trying to create a cliffhanger.

I would also like to draw your attention to one more topic:

Supernova want to split up the Yonko

Let's assume right away that the whole split process will be quick and easy (no one seems to believe that), let's assume also that Law will be able to teleport one of them to another location - and this is where it gets interesting:

- I assume that the 2nd group has to go to a completely different place

- Law's teleportation capabilities are limited, we could see it in the chapter where Kaido first time appears in the form of a dragon (Law chases Luffy with rocks)

- If they want to separate them in another way, how?

- And the most interesting thing - what if, by separating them, they bring danger to others (e.g. I think that the appearance of BM on the grand floor could cause even more damage than fighting her on the roof with Kaido),

:choppawhat::bamathink::finally:

Last edited:
No one said Zoro soloing two Yonkos here. But you also say very confidently that Zoro is also not defeating anyone there. Which given the portrayal so far, one would have to be blind to say. Zoro is a strawhat and he will perform just as Luffy does if not slightly worse. But explaining Zoro feats to a Anti Zoro person is moot. So I’ll stop myself before looking any more foolish.
Chapter 997 is all what they need to read again. That will happen whatever they like it or not.
Almost everything what Zoro said happen, back in Zou Zoro was against the idea that they should go for Big Mom, now they have 2 Yonko in Wano.
Soon they ll wake up from their headcanon, trust me :kata:

You see him defeating Yonkos himself? That is not likely as we have Luffy wanting to be one to take on Kaido along with Kidd and Law, so only one I see is Big Mom, but don't see Zoro solo Yonko at all. He isn't on that level just because he is in a team fight. There is gap between Luffy and Zoro. Not saying Zoro can't help out, but he isn't going beyond over Luffy at all. Not being against Zoro, I am using my head more than you who thinks Zoro will solo Yonkos just because when it's not simple to do that and Luffy will be one to defeat Kaido and do most damage. Idk why your debating against that so hard when heavy hints on that for set fight there :kayneshrug:.

Let's assume right away that the whole split process will be quick and easy (no one seems to believe that), let's assume also that Law will be able to teleport one of them to another location - and this is where it gets interesting:

- Law's teleportation capabilities are limited, we could see it in the chapter where Kaido first appears in the form of a dragon (Law chases Luffy with rocks)

- If they want to separate them another way, what?

- And the most interesting thing - what if, by separating them, they bring danger to others (e.g. I think that the appearance of BM on the grand floor could cause even more damage than fighting her on the roof with Kaido),

Yep, this is why the whole Law will seperate Big Mom by shambling her somewhere else doesn't make that much sense.
What's stopping her from getting back up with Zeus
What's stopping her from fucking up the entire Alliance under the roof, and then coming back and fucknig up the Alliance
I mean, Law is OP, but I honestly doubt he can make a Room that can cover the whole Wano.
Unless he drops Big Mom in the ocean or a seaston cell.....

- Law's teleportation capabilities are limited, we could see it in the chapter where Kaido first appears in the form of a dragon (Law chases Luffy with rocks)

Now am confused
:josad:

I think it could go with Law using his DF to change locations on everyone, but only make sense if he put them in area with characters on why then just by random, so I think it be Luffy, Kidd, and Law vs Kaido while Big Mom vs Zoro and Killer from how it feel logically unless something is changing around environment on situation or perhaps more people will come around to help out on different areas to fight them perhaps :kayneshrug:.

By the way, I don't know why so many people want to change Zoro's epithet; "Pirate hunter" is way more intriguing and smart than any edgy, cringey idea like "God of sword" or "Dark king" (the latter only works with Rayleigh for obvious reasons).
Those are my favorite epithets :
- "Oni Vice-Captain" Zoro
- Roronoa "Tiger's Eye" Zoro
- The "Fantasista" Roronoa Zoro

Yep, this is why the whole Law will seperate Big Mom by shambling her somewhere else doesn't make that much sense.
What's stopping her from fucking up the entire Alliance under the roof, and then coming back and fucknig up the Alliance
I mean, Law is OP, but I honestly doubt he can make a Room that can cover the whole Wano.
they hope the fall/relocation would make her olin again.
problem with that is
at that point
idk who takes linlin serious anymore. she either goes down or looks like the biggest joke in the story. its a lose-lose situation.

Luffy maybe against this plan, Big mom's main target is Luffy the reason why Big is in Wano is becasue of Luffy...if Law can somehow teleport Luffy into other location fo sure Big Mom will chase him... that leaves the other four fighting Kaido...
Like i said earlier Luffy is the only one can withstand Zeus's lightning, he can also fly with gear 4th
Zoro has enma with other supernovas to deal with Kaido

he wont warp yonkos around, because not even Oda knows how Law's powers realy work at this point.
:kayneshrug:
Why wont Law just cut Kaido's arms and make him defenseless? Why wont Law warp yonkos into one another's atacks?

Because he cant, "why he cant" you might ask....well, because his DF is not as strong as you all make it out to be. Thats why its stupid to say he is as strong or stronger than Zoro.

zoro's ambition is only relevant to him.. if he were an actual lad in this world he won't give 2 shits to what we say about it.. whether admire it or not.. plus the only depth Bullet got from the movie is him joining roger.. and being a nearly invincible human.. but zoro on the other hand was shown to start from the scratch to become the strongest swordsman.. he wasn't as gifted as bullet was he had to start from ground up.. after he got beaten by Mihawk.. and had to push himself to the brink of death to surpass what he was moments ago in almost every fight .. that is what gives him depth in addition to his pride as a swordsman ... and he doesn't need a past.. he already has a legacy forging ahead.. the only past zoro had was that of ego which crumbled once he faced Mihawk... he had to learn it the hard wayy..

Many swordsmen may yearn to become the strongest
but only a scant few would choose their burdens over their lives and not everyone gets the privilege of being told that they're just a big frog in a small pond by the same Apex that they swore to achieve... and yet not everyone gets admired for their will by the same Apex that humiliated them for being naive.

"to push and keep pushing, that is the way of the sword"
- Roronoa Zoro
Mihawk The Strongest Swordsman Train him lmao Zoro he's gifted lool

You see him defeating Yonkos himself? That is not likely as we have Luffy wanting to be one to take on Kaido along with Kidd and Law, so only one I see is Big Mom, but don't see Zoro solo Yonko at all. He isn't on that level just because he is in a team fight. There is gap between Luffy and Zoro. Not saying Zoro can't help out, but he isn't going beyond over Luffy at all. Not being against Zoro, I am using my head more than you who thinks Zoro will solo Yonkos just because when it's not simple to do that and Luffy will be one to defeat Kaido and do most damage. Idk why your debating against that so hard when heavy hints on that for set fight there :kayneshrug:.
So Luffy will solo 2 Yonkos and that’s completely fine right? That’s major head canon. And we are just gonna ignore big mom screaming at Kaido to dodge

Status
Not open for further replies.