Who will Kaido fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
yonkos have a high bar to meet (fan expectation)
and they arent meeting it
so plot armor is to blame
I get that fans have expectations. What I don’t get is why fans cannot admit that they were wrong and...move on?

Oda told us verbatim : those guys are the leader of the new gen.
Peiole really thought that after this grand introduction Oda would make them being swat away like flies? Really?

Luffy when he fought croc came up with the water idea.

Luffy when fighting enel used that golden thing to hit him..

Luffy when fighting Kat came up with FS and found out Kat's weakness.

,etc

Idk what you're saying mate.
His finishing move if I remember correctly was, overpowering his opponent with a punch

My main point to preface was I do not want to see Luffy punching his way to victory solo vs Kaido

And yes the other characters get slack because they are not the main characters
Post automatically merged:

so does Luffy many times, mizu Luffy/G2/G3..against Enel by randomizing attacks, ran away in Saboady when he knew he can't do shit against Kizaru.....
against Katakuri by learning FS etc. just because he is yet to do against Kaido doesn't mean he won't do either.....
I wanted to preface this with my original comment I do not want to see Luffy punch his way to victory solo 1v1 vs Kaido

His finishing move if I remember correctly was, overpowering his opponent with a punch

My main point to preface was I do not want to see Luffy punching his way to victory solo vs Kaido

And Zoro's finishing moves are always overpowering his opponents with a slash.

Agree on that, ive been one to think that Luffy/Zoro/Kidd( i dont see him going down before the fight ends) finish Kaido together, maybe even law idk.

Hawkins is 100% coming to help btw, that buff card wasnt foreshadowed for nothing.

Luffy when he fought croc came up with the water idea.

Luffy when fighting enel used that golden thing to hit him..

Luffy when fighting Kat came up with FS and found out Kat's weakness.

,etc

Idk what you're saying mate.
yes, Luffy starts with punching down, get beaten, thinks strategy and comes back, that is the pattern everytime....I just hope for once Oda changes his tactic let Luffy comes up with strategy plan from the get go....

Why not what?

If Zoro stood there fighting some dude, took his attacks. And only threw an attack here and there. Would you say he was nerfed or nah?
If Zoro is using asura to fight fight some dudes I will not say he is nerf, i will rather recognize the worth of his opponents.
Kaido is using his hybrid form why exactly do you think he would just stand there without doing nothing?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
The opposite doesn't really happen, we just call you lot Zoro fans.

Seems to me like one side is more pressed than the other with the manner they conduct themselves :specialmeh:
This is blatantly untrue. Names the Sanji fanbase calls Zoro fans:
  • "Zorotards"
  • "Zorobrainers"
  • "Sword swallowers"
There may be others. Perhaps you don't insult Zoro fans, but I don't insult Sanji fans either, so insulting describes neither of the entire active fanbase.

So much for Zoro having the AP to wound Kaido. My dude is looking for another way lmao....
Nah, he was talking about Luffy. Luffy's punches aren't working, so they need to find another way to defeat him.

And Zoro's finishing moves are always overpowering his opponents with a slash.

Agree on that, ive been one to think that Luffy/Zoro/Kidd( i dont see him going down before the fight ends) finish Kaido together, maybe even law idk.

Hawkins is 100% coming to help btw, that buff card wasnt foreshadowed for nothing.
They are not main characters and I am giving them breaks.

Also curious on your Hawkins take, who is he helping out The group vs BM or vs Kaido and which bluff card are you referring to.

I don’t think anyone can predict what’s gonna happen yet. I have multiple scenarios on the yonko as of now.
I been predicting this whole shit. The only thing i didn't predict was Kaido cutting Orochi head off, but i knew he wasn't dead, knew Zoro going to the roof. Noting is that surprising.
Post automatically merged:

So much for Zoro having the AP to wound Kaido. My dude is looking for another way lmao....
Can you read?

Nah, he was talking about Luffy. Luffy's punches aren't working, so they need to find another way to defeat him.
If Zoro had that way, he wouldn't tell Luffy that they should find another way.

I think Zoro knows he hasn't mastered Enma well enough to be hurting Kaido yet, probably gauged that by either attacking him himself offscreen, like Luffy has been doing or just by watching Luffy with Adcoa do nothing.

We shall see.

Its not a problem though as i believe they will grow throughout the fight( like Luffy with Kat) and they will be able to hurt that form down the road.

everyone finishing move is overpowering opponent with their dominant style....didn't Zoro overpower pica? ....I don't know whether Luffy punches his way to victory solo but ultimately what you are asking is instead of one only Luffy overpowering Kaido, you would be pleased with 5 similar other guys "overpowering" Kaido with their own fighting style....

I wanted to point out something interesting Ashura mentions :

"When it's against one of our own nakama, the blade won't be as sharp."

This goes back to the concept of Breath of all things directly, where zoro says that his blade understands his own will and hence he was able to bring out his potential with Wado by cutting mr 1, and he has mastered the sword to the point where he can and cut nothing with a sword which is near absurd knowing that its a sword. Similarly Ashura agrees that their intentions weren't potent enough for the sword to do cut kanjuro.

The difference between ARNAMENT and breath of all things is ARNAMENT is the manifestation of will, but breath of all thing is the connection between the swordsman and the sword where the sword has innate attributes that helps it understand the user's intentions and bring out his/her potential. which even Hyogoro point out in a different context

AcoA theory is flawed when it comes to story progression and the principles of haki itself where one needs to manifest armament first to achieve the latter level.. and it takes delicate control of haki, with that in mind, you can't assume that breath of all things is manifestation of will when zoro never knew what haki is let alone knows how to manifest it, if it was the case and zoro had been perpetually training with it... then Aokiji would have noticed it when theyy clashed.

so breath of all things is nit will manifestation

Oda got these antagonists acting like team rocket with the sheer amount of PIS. Yet another plotline with Kanjuro that has been dragged on way too long. Guys we are in chapter 101 with Wano and Oda still hasn't even set up the matches with the straw hats. The way it's going we are going to have yet another 100 chapters for Wano to end.

If Zoro had that way, he wouldn't tell Luffy that they should find another way.

I think Zoro knows he hasn't mastered Enma well enough to be hurting Kaido yet, probably gauged that by either attacking him himself offscreen, like Luffy has been doing or just by watching Luffy with Adcoa do nothing.

We shall see.

Its not a problem though as i believe they will grow throughout the fight( like Luffy with Kat) and they will be able to hurt that form down the road.
Can you read? It says Luffy is punching. Sccabards said its not over until his head is off.

Oda "When Kaidou appeared for the first time, I said that Luffy can't defeat such a strong character yet. And I'm yet to know how Luffy would defeat Kaidou. Probably my audience will not be satisfied if the reason for defeating Kaidou is just because Luffy's punch is so strong. Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow."

This is blatantly untrue. Names the Sanji fanbase calls Zoro fans:
  • "Zorotards"
  • "Zorobrainers"
  • "Sword swallowers"
There may be others. Perhaps you don't insult Zoro fans, but I don't insult Sanji fans either, so insulting describes neither of the entire active fanbase.

Yeah, someone else brought those up and the Zorotards definitely ringed true as something i've seen used very often.

Which is why i continued to say that my stance on this is true for both part of the fanbases that act in this manner. It's the behaviour in itself that i think little of and look down upon.

Like, would you ever read such a comment and think that said behaviour added anything to the discussion, or made you think more of the one acting in that manner ? Because as far as i'm concerned it does the opposite :specialmeh:

Status
Not open for further replies.