ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1008: HEAD OF THE ATAMAYAMA THIEVES, ASHURA DOUJI

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Kid has the exact same look and spirit there.
Oda just pointing at his MC, like always, but shows clearly kid is the same.
I like Kid but honestly Kaido didn't recognize him as Luffy.

Since the start of the fight Kaido only recognizes Luffy and no one else.

He even compared Luffy Roger, Whitebeard, Oden and Shanks anyway And again he recalls the will of Luffy who is incredible smiling. It will end Kaido vs Luffy in 1 vs 1 It starts to build little by little

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Then he would have said "Straw Hat and Captain Kidd, your eyes never seem to lose their fire".

It doesn't seem like he thinks Kidd and Luffy have the same spirit
No he wouldn’t, cause Oda always focus the Strawhats, specially luffy. But showing kids exact same look, the same spirit in the eyes, including he is the only other CoC user of the 5, is Odas way to point this out too, without taking his focus off from luffy.

You're right, I didn't pay much attention to the first panel. Just noticed the second panel is exactly what he looks like when he releases G4. Not sure what Oda was going for there.
He can't have Luffy just be Gear 4 100% of the time. So just land a bunch of attacks in G2/G3... At least it's something.

If Luffy is going to end this in 1 v. 1, he needs to learn at least wear him down somewhat in G2/G3. G4 is ideally a finisher.

No he wouldn’t, cause Oda always focus the Strawhats, specially luffy. But showing kids exact same look, the same spirit in the eyes, including he is the only other CoC user of the 5, is Odas way to point this out too, without taking his focus off from luffy.
How on Earth do Kidd and Luffy have the same spirit? Because of a smile?

Kidd is saying none of their attacks are working while Luffy is saying they are.

Kidd is saying battling Kaido and BM is like hell while Luffy is basically saying it's not a big deal.

Does it matter what Oda's usual pattern is? Kaido didn't acknowledge Kidd, and no amount of you saying they have the same spirit or whatever changes that.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Well that proves my point even further. Zoro ain't protecting Luffy, Even though Luffy still can't use G4 or Haki, he is still trying to fight against Big Mom and Hybrid Kaido. Yall can take your L's now on "Zoro has to protect him during his cooldown." :cheers:
who said he cant use haki you can see the sparks in the first panel
zoro already did his job or else kaido would have been shitting luffy out by now

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
I like Kid but honestly Kaido didn't recognize him as Luffy.

Since the start of the fight Kaido only recognizes Luffy and no one else.

He even compared Luffy Roger, Whitebeard, Oden and Shanks anyway And again he recalls the will of Luffy who is incredible smiling. It will end Kaido vs Luffy in 1 vs 1 It starts to build little by little
I quote myself for that, cause explaining it again and again and again is a bit annoying (no offense to you.)

But showing kids exact same look, the same spirit in the eyes, including he is the only other CoC user of the 5, is Odas way to point this out too, without taking his focus off from luffy.“

Literally just released G4 for the second time.

And show me all those panels of Zoro protecting Luffy, while Kid, Killer and Law sat back and let Zoro fight against Big Mom and Hybrid Kaido for 10 minutes. :gonope:
Already addressed this:
When Luffy finishes a full round of G4, the smoke emanates from his entire body and the volume of smoke is infinitely larger than the small puff we saw here. It's possible he did enter G4 a 2nd time at some point as Kaido has been damaged and it's mainly Luffy and Zoro who are capable of that, however, in this particular scene he was fighting in G2/3.
Check any scene of Luffy finishing a round of G4, compare it to this one and you'll see he was not in G4 here. For starters, we literally see him in Base initially, whereas any time Luffy's G4 runs out he remains in G4 until he hits the ground - at which point his eyes remain black like G4's eyes. Check chapter 1003.

Secondly, the volume of smoke Luffy exhaled here is absolutely nothing compared to the volume of smoke he emits after finishing a round of G4. Again, check chapter 1003. Upon exiting G4, smoke leaves his entire body not just his mouth. There's also no random delay between him leaving G4 and the smoke emission lool, he exhumes smoke immediately as opposed to here where we see him initially exhaling no smoke whatsoever.

Strawman - I never said Kid/Killer/Law haven't done anything, I simply said it was Zoro who was protecting Luffy as he took a nice little nap. Point remains that your notion of only Zoro and Killer huffing is incorrect, as for whatever reason, Luffy was caught huffing in 4K lmfao.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.