Questions & Mysteries Does Anyone else Feel Bad for Kaido that Yamato Idolizes Oden

Yamato...

• Should admire Oden

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Should admire her father

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Shouldn't admire either

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters
Just on a father level, that would really really sting. In spite of how horrible Kaido is, having your daughter love one of your worst enemies so much that she wants to be a man & adopts the same dream would catch me right in the feelings.

Definitely salt on the wound that Kaido beat Oden by taking advantage of a cheap trick.
Might be why he picked up attempted suicide as a hobby
:whitepress:

That & the fact that I despise Oden & lowkey dislike Yamato for liking him is why I feel for Kaido

It's just Oda doing a bad job of hyping Oden up all over again.

Personally I can't understand how seeing someone's execution and reading his diary can make someone behave like that. I meant sure, she can admire him but not to the point of identifying herself with the dead person in question. It's just shit really, Oda should really remove Oden's curse on the series asap.

And like you said, it's just sad when one think about Kaido's position. His only child admires one of his worst enemies to the point of no return. That is just the one of the worst things that can happen to a parent.

On top of that, going as far as posing and identifying as Oden meaning Yamato wishes to the same things as Oden which leads to the question, if Kaido didn't put bombs on Yamato as restrains or if Kaido is in her league power wise, how would Yamato behave? Would she simply leaves Wano, letting her father terrorizes the land of the person she's considered herself to be? Or would she continue Oden's quest of slaying Kaido, her father, to be perfectly in role of her character?

Either way, the character of Yamato would be a total mess of conflict ideas and a failure of a character in One Piece's world where everyone fights to be able to be themself, for their own dreams.

Imo, Yamato shouldn't admire anyone. Her own quest should be to find her own self amidst this mess of black and white, power and compassion, not to just cosplaying and not having her own definite character.

Kaido has it a lot worse than Big Mom as a parent since at least the later's children are somewhar content being her family.

Yamato shouldnt exist or she should be orochi's daughter

Knowing about your father scheme,
Imagine your father is a shogun but also a coward, letting whole country suffer by teaming with kaido and make oden stupid by dancing for 5 years

Thats shouldve been plausible scenario

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Yamato shouldnt exist or she should be orochi's daughter

Knowing about your father scheme,
Imagine your father is a shogun but also a coward, letting whole country suffer by teaming with kaido and make oden stupid by dancing for 5 years

Thats shouldve been plausible scenario
I think that would have been intriguing but less epic.

I hope that Yamato and Kaido encounter one the other, that's gonna be cool to see what happens.

Not really. I lost respect for him as a father when it was revealed he beat Yamato for liking Oden and the cuffs exploded. Man's a villain, I like him but he's not an amazing dad so I don't feel bad for his kid admiring the samurai who tried to free his country and sailed across the world.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
It depends on if he even has the last embers of being a parent.

If we see Kaido's backstory and let's say he was Garp ish towards Yamato before she turned to that Oden shit. Then I feel bad for him.

Imagine seeing ur child repping the dude that scarred ur mental health for life.

But if Kaido doesn't give a flying fuck at all then I don't feel bad for Kaido because there is nothing to feel bad about.

We still don't know if Yamato is his biological daughter.

No signs of Kaido having a wife/love interest. It would be mad if Yamato is another experiment of Vegapunk and Kaido just took her and named her his Daughter.
Post automatically merged:

No, because she challenged him
That's a very important point.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
No, because she challenged him
This shit is very important. I hope this gets more spotlight.

Not playing Kaido's advocate. Beating ur child is nothing to be repped but if she really challenged him and she was playing on his nerves?

I mean. The next thing is.

Did she asked him to fight and he just Bagua her or she like kept attacking him and he told her to fuck off or she will get it.