General & Others Editor forcing Oda to make the chapter 18 pages

The problem is that Oda sometimes dont have time to explain something like haki maybe
Haki is simple and is explained along the manga from the beginning
But sadly there is some people who dont understand it
Everyone should tie the clues together to understand how haki works
I think oda must tie them together in one topic in one of his books

Oda said that not only he is forced to only draw 18 Pages Max per Chapter but also for Anime to be able to make 1 Episode = 1 Chapter, he tries to fill Chapters with various content as much as possible so he ends up sacrificing details of one scene for sake of adding another scene

He also said that he Sacrifices tons of Ideas so he can manage with this Format
For example he said that if he was allowed to draw as much as he likes, he would have made MF Arc Chapters 40 Pages each & we would have got so much more Fights & Character Interactions

Oda said that not only he is forced to only draw 18 Pages Max per Chapter but also for Anime to be able to make 1 Episode = 1 Chapter, he tries to fill Chapters with various content as much as possible so he ends up sacrificing details of one scene for sake of adding another scene

For example he said that if he was allowed to draw as much as he likes, he would have made MF Arc Chapters 40 Pages each & we would have got so much more Fights & Character Interactions
Thats fucked up. It actually explains a lot. Thank you. Ive been very sad with OP lately but I understand the man, and now understand it even more.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me

Source?

But also he sacrificed these tons of ideas to finish the manga before he dies

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope

Thank god he doesnt cut the important stuff.
Imagine a story without Tama making the raid a clown fiesta.
:mihugh:
Post automatically merged:

"i have no time to draw everything i want. sadness.
OK, let me DRAG entire arcs with irrelevant plot devices. Make Luffy run towards Doflamingo ten times. Make luffy climb some stairs to reach Kaido only at chapter 1000, etc".

So sad. So little time. :doffycry:

"If I drew everything in my mind in Marineford arc, at least 50 pages would be necessary for each chapter." ONE PIECE Pia (2009)

"I keep in mind that I should include 3 times more fulfilling episodes in one chapter than normal manga." Manga Nou no Kitaekata (2010)

"I just can’t help but draw a lot. The weekly format is set at 19 pages, but from the creator perspective I want to move the story along faster. I end up jamming as much as I can in there. There is also wanting to finish faster so I can relax." Inoue Takehiko Pia (2009) [Translated by gottsuiiyan]

These are few, there are many more

You know, Manga isn't just Writing Story, it's also Drawing
Sometimes, Mangaka simply wants to draw something for sake of drawing, not Story

For example, Oda said he loves drawing animals so much, that's why he doesn't mind spending time drawing Smile Users & always extend their screen time, let alone so many other Characters with animalistic features & animals from many arcs

:mihugh:

"i have no time to draw everything i want. sadness.
OK, let me DRAG entire arcs with irrelevant plot devices. Make Luffy run towards Doflamingo ten times. Make luffy climb some stairs to reach Kaido only at chapter 1000, etc".

So sad. So little time. :doffycry:
You dont like the 3 or 4 panels for climbing the stairs ?