All-Purpose Pokémon Thread

Why Is Lumiose City Undergoing Redevelopment?

• The Pokémon equivalent of the Industrial Revolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The sewers were overflowing with tons of Zygarde Slime (new Key Item)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Anyone else playing/plan on starting these? I haven’t had a main series game since Black/White 2, and my buddy bought both Sword and Shield for my girlfriend and I as our birthday presents...they’re being delivered today, and I am SO stoked!!

EDIT: Since BDSP comes out this week and Legends: Arceus in a couple of months, figured it was the right time to change this from a Sword and Shield chat to a discussion about the franchise overall…something we’d already been doing here for months 😤
EDIT 2: Legends: Arceus is officially out!! Talk about it as you wish :cheers:
EDIT 3: Gen 9 was announced today!! Scarlet and Violet will be the next mainline installments, and you bet your sweet ass we’ll be talking about them here!!
EDIT 4: SV drop in a week and we’ve been openly posting spoilers from the leaks/datamines for days, so Gen 9 has officially begun!! :goyea:
EDIT 5: Both DLCs have now been released, and there’s no telling what’s coming next…but part of the thrill is in the chase, is it not? :arnoling:
EDIT 6: A little late, but in a truly unexpected twist, the next entry in the Legends series is Z-A (set in Kalos and featuring the return of Mega Evolution) which has NOTHING to do with Johto or Unova 😳😳😳 Fire away with those crackpot theories!!

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Pokemon seems to never die because they always know that way to get everyone loving their shit again.
I took a couple of generations off (other than GO), so it’s easier to meet these games head on with a kind of zeal I haven’t felt since I was a teenager. Definitely a lot of familiarity, but it feels new enough that I can enjoy it anew!

Google answered:

Pokemon Has Grossed “Billions” More Than the Entire Star Wars Franchise. Somehow, some way, Pokemon has outsold Star Wars in terms of total revenue. ... That's why it's current revenue as of 2017 is a little over $55 billion dollars, while Star Wars is resting at about $42 billion dollars as of 2015.

Google answered:

Pokemon Has Grossed “Billions” More Than the Entire Star Wars Franchise. Somehow, some way, Pokemon has outsold Star Wars in terms of total revenue. ... That's why it's current revenue as of 2017 is a little over $55 billion dollars, while Star Wars is resting at about $42 billion dollars as of 2015.
Wtf
Damn insane lol