Character Discussion Great Monster Duo and clear hierarchy presented by Oda

At the end of the day Zoro also did overall. On the rooftop.
Notice how upon meeting both Yonkos:

Sanji simply oversaw them announcing something related to their respective plans. :milaugh:

Zoro, however, immediately schooled both of them. :kata:

Conclusion: Oda's way of saying that anybody who follows the manga and still thinks "Zoro = Sanji" or "Sanji > Zoro" is really kidding themselves. :cheers:

The interesting thing about the Luffy and Zoro Vs Kaido wallpaper is that there is a Luffy and Sanji Vs Big Mom counterpart. Though Sanji can't fight her because she's a woman, he did team up with Luffy to stop a killing blow from her (and didn't get yote away like with Jinbei). You probably forgot it since it would undermine your case.
I never said the cover is the only proof for this hierarchy. Next time, you should try to read properly rather than just skimming

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Zoro >= Luffy >> Yamato = Jinbe > Sanji
Yamato >> Jimbe by feats.

Jimbe has been stalemating a Zoan form Tobi Roppo for a few hours.
Base Yamato oneshot one.

IMO it's currently
Luffy >= Zoro > Yamato >> Sanji >= Jimbe.

Luffy gets the benefit of the doubt over Zoro due to being able to willfully clad himself in Haoshoku.
Sanji gets the benefit of the doubt over Jimbe because Jimbe's paired with a Tobi Roppo and it seems like Sanji will be paired with Queen.

When all is said and done, at the end of the arc I expect it to be:
Luffy > Zoro > Yamato > Sanji > Jimbe.

I never said the cover is the only proof for this hierarchy. Next time, you should try to read properly rather than just skimming
Oh no I read the entire thing. I chose to reply to one specific point. You chose to ignore that specific point and attack an argument I didn't make. Read properly next time. Well, if you made this arguement to begin with perhaps it's too much of an ask.

Base Yamato oneshot one.

IMO it's currently

Luffy gets the benefit of the doubt over Zoro due to being able to willfully clad himself in Haoshoku.
Sanji gets the benefit of the doubt over Jimbe because Jimbe's paired with a Tobi Roppo and it seems like Sanji will be paired with Queen.

Apoo 1 shotted luffy in the same way yamato 1 shotted ulti

This is true regarding Zoro and luffy but lets not get ahead of ourselves all sanji has done is stall Pageone,No decent fight since the timeskip,I would rate Judge’s son below franky since Sanji’s attacks have no power,The little Fire attacks couldn’t even break a fucking door,For now Franky >> Judge’s Son. Also worth mentioning that Judge’s son doesnt really have much worth in Oda’s eyes as well,Since using Sanji as a common plot ploy for Hyping Other characters is a very recurring theme.So lets wait until he proves it,For now Franky >>> Sanji.

This is true regarding Zoro and luffy but lets not get ahead of ourselves all sanji has done is stall Pageone,No decent fight since the timeskip,I would rate Judge’s son below franky since Sanji’s attacks have no power,The little Fire attacks couldn’t even break a fucking door,For now Franky >> Judge’s Son. Also worth mentioning that Judge’s son doesnt really have much worth in Oda’s eyes as well,Since using Sanji as a common plot ploy for Hyping Other characters is a very recurring theme.So lets wait until he proves it,For now Franky >>> Sanji.
Luffy, Zoro and Sanji are all used as hypetools, the difference is how they're presented and how they act through situations. Zoro didn't get anything too relevant before Wano aside from cutting Pica in Dressrosa, which is meeh
Post automatically merged:

Franky > Sanji is complete cap, Franky is having an apparently high diff against Sasaki (who supposedly is stronger than Page One, even if he is, the difference must be almost non existant), but Page One only got hurt by Sanji, Luffy and Big Mom, the amount of effort that Sanji put against Page One isn't even near to what Franky is doing against Sasaki for several chapters

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Apoo 1 shotted luffy in the same way yamato 1 shotted ulti
Lol no.

Yamato oneshots Zoan Ulti (her most durable form) with a Thunder Bagua:

Ulti later recovers (albeit a chapter later):

As we can see from the above, Page One is tending to her and requests for medical assistance:

When Ulti wakes up she is shown to be coughing up blood for several pages:

Page One and the Beast Pirates fodder even commented on how much damage she took:

Apoo did not:
  • Take Luffy down for several minutes
  • Cause Luffy to require medical assistance
  • Leave Luffy coughing up blood even after he recovers

Yamato oneshotting Zoan Ulti is more comparable to Zoro oneshotting Apoo, and Apoo recovered faster than Ulti did (and he did it without taking lasting damage or the advantage of Ancient Zoan recovery).

Sorry, since when Luffy is a monster?

@Cinera

Apoo is clearly YC1 level for two-shotting Luffy(was 2 hits, remember?). He healed fast from Zoro(read Yonko level) because he is nerfed by Enma. Maybe when Zoro used Ashura against Kaido he finally used 100% of Enma and that shit sword stopped to be a nerf. But Shusui is still much better and the raid would be already succeed if Zoro had it in his hands. Kaido wouldn't even had lifted up Onigashima.

Base Yamato oneshot one.

IMO it's currently

I'm sick and tired of your Zoro slander. Zoro stomps Luffy.

1000 Zoro one-shot Apoo>Apoo one-shot 1000 Luffy

Conclusion: 1000 Zoro>>>>>>>>>1000 Luffy